Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Werewolves Pack Idea

Comments

• Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    there could be a silver immunity perk to counteract this.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    edited January 2021
    Whatever "flaws" they give werewolves will have a humorous slant, after all, this is the Sims.

There could be a death by silver, but, traditionally that is employed via a bullet in a gun. No guns in the Sims. There could however, be a formula, that when mixed together, could remove the werewolf trait and make a sim "normal". There could be a chance, possibly depending on the werewolf's personality or emotions, that it could kill them instead, maybe if administered on a full moon as the two wood fight internally which could have a bad outcome. One ingredient could be a silver substance.
  • Options
    I have an idea for a premade werewolf sim, I call him Luke Garou, it's a play on the French word Loup-Garou which means werewolf, what dark secret could this billionaire playboy be hiding, he could be the related to the Landgraabs as their Quebec black sheep cousin and also could be like the Bruce Wayne of the werewolf pack world, we could also have hunting and lumberjack careers.
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    I have an idea for a premade werewolf sim, I call him Luke Garou, it's a play on the French word Loup-Garou which means werewolf, what dark secret could this billionaire playboy be hiding, he could be the related to the Landgraabs as their Quebec black sheep cousin and also could be like the Bruce Wayne of the werewolf pack world, we could also have hunting and lumberjack careers.

Quoting this separately to get back onto the topic of Werewolves.

YES! :D

I love the pun with Luke Garou (Loup-Garou) but only if he also has a twin named Lou Garou. :D Okay, I'm kidding about that. Lol.

One thing I would defintely want to come in a pack like this is a Werewolf Lore skill. It only makes sense considering we have the Vampire Lore skill already.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Whatever "flaws" they give werewolves will have a humorous slant, after all, this is the Sims.

There could be a death by silver, but, traditionally that is employed via a bullet in a gun. No guns in the Sims. There could however, be a formula, that when mixed together, could remove the werewolf trait and make a sim "normal". There could be a chance, possibly depending on the werewolf's personality or emotions, that it could kill them instead, maybe if administered on a full moon as the two wood fight internally which could have a bad outcome. One ingredient could be a silver substance.

I'm not sure about the silver formula reverting a werewolf into a human since that almost seems like a "cure" and a good thing. But maybe it doesn't have to be deadly outright. (and there could be a silver immunity perk too like temporalgod suggested) maybe it could carry the possibility of killing them if they get into a fight with another werewolf or something, but otherwise just drain some their energy or dampen their powers? Like it actually becoming deadly involves something else, but silver still plays a part in the sense that it makes them vulnerable?

• Options
    wolfsbane could work similarly to garlic and it's already in game.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    again with werewolves? i will repeat again what will you do if they never bring werewolves? to the sims4 the only way i would not mind those things is if they includes toggles to turn them off in game

Then they never bring werewolves. What's the point of this question?
  • Options
    @MeowchaFrappe I suppose I was thinking that it would more of a trick played on the werewolf to turn them normal using a small amount of liquid silver as an ingredient. Similar to some cures for illnesses being a poison if over used. And, if given on the night of the full moon, the moon forcing a change fighting the cure forcing a different change, could have a small puffer fish chance of killing the werewolf. >:)
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I know a lot of people like the highlands but I vote for a swap cave world! That would be so awesome!!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    @MeowchaFrappe I suppose I was thinking that it would more of a trick played on the werewolf to turn them normal using a small amount of liquid silver as an ingredient. Similar to some cures for illnesses being a poison if over used. And, if given on the night of the full moon, the moon forcing a change fighting the cure forcing a different change, could have a small puffer fish chance of killing the werewolf. >:)

Ooh okay. I was thinking you meant it was like a permanent solution to cure werewolfism. Lol.
    I know a lot of people like the highlands but I vote for a swap cave world! That would be so awesome!!

I personally feel the Scottish Highlands would work better for a fairies pack (since that's where a lot of the lore comes from: Scotland and Ireland) so while I'm not opposed to Werewolves being set here, I'm more open for other options.

I can't seem to find the picture now, but somebody shared a post on another thread with a world I thought would be PERFECT for werewolves.
    It was a "darker" themed world and the water was red.
  • Options

I've never seen a werewolf movie located in a swamp. I would think the smell of wet werewolf would alert their prey to their location.

A swamp would be better for a monster from the deep lagoon type of creature. We already have the costume from Get Famous
  • Options

I've never seen a werewolf movie located in a swamp. I would think the smell of wet werewolf would alert their prey to their location.

A swamp would be better for a monster from the deep lagoon type of creature. We already have the costume from Get Famous

it's pretty easy too just make a mermaid and dress them up as this.
  • Options
    Once. I dressed a sim in that monster from the deep lagoon costume and sent it to the BLUFFS to scare other sims or. somehow >:) , it wound up at the community pool.

Now, with the SCARED emotion that might be more fun.
  • Options
    Mahon0Mahon0 Posts: 5 New Member
    Well given how the Sims 4 Vampires resemble The Vampire Diaries/The Original vampires TV shows, they could either work with the werewolves from that franchise or use another main stream show like Teen Wolf. But yes, since there is the werewolf statue in Forgotten Hollow that portrays a more beastial and deadlier werewolf, this is a must include form for any werewolf they decide to bring into the game. You can't design a nice werewolf like that and just not include it in the actual pack.

This also makes me worried they will not simply do it, too much work for them, too much customization to do and consider. They won't force you to play a werewolf that looks exactly the same as every other one. But alas, unless it's popular demand we may never see werewolves in the Sims 4 period, Sims 5 on the other hand possibly but after seeing them release ridiculous packs like knitting stuff, I have lost faith in Maxis' ability to be as creative as they used to be, while it is nice they are working small details on menial things like expanding on the base games features with other packs. Now with this pendamic running amok, the chances of seeing werewolves on Sims 4 have gone from 25% to 10% cause like I said previously, it's too much work even for a full team of devs.

Sorry to be that kind of guy but it needed to be said, I'd love werewolves in the Sims 4 as much as any of you but I just don't believe Maxis will indulge us and if by some miracle they did, it will not be as grand as we imagine it to be. Possibly a copy and paste of Sims 2 or Sims 3 werewolves.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Mahon0 wrote: »
    Well given how the Sims 4 Vampires resemble The Vampire Diaries/The Original vampires TV shows, they could either work with the werewolves from that franchise or use another main stream show like Teen Wolf. But yes, since there is the werewolf statue in Forgotten Hollow that portrays a more beastial and deadlier werewolf, this is a must include form for any werewolf they decide to bring into the game. You can't design a nice werewolf like that and just not include it in the actual pack.

This also makes me worried they will not simply do it, too much work for them, too much customization to do and consider. They won't force you to play a werewolf that looks exactly the same as every other one. But alas, unless it's popular demand we may never see werewolves in the Sims 4 period, Sims 5 on the other hand possibly but after seeing them release ridiculous packs like knitting stuff, I have lost faith in Maxis' ability to be as creative as they used to be, while it is nice they are working small details on menial things like expanding on the base games features with other packs. Now with this pendamic running amok, the chances of seeing werewolves on Sims 4 have gone from 25% to 10% cause like I said previously, it's too much work even for a full team of devs.

Sorry to be that kind of guy but it needed to be said, I'd love werewolves in the Sims 4 as much as any of you but I just don't believe Maxis will indulge us and if by some miracle they did, it will not be as grand as we imagine it to be. Possibly a copy and paste of Sims 2 or Sims 3 werewolves.

Then I guess it would ruin the concept I had for a werewolf sim, give him a Monstrous Werewolf form and his "Normal" Wolfman form, just get rid of the human form altogether, why hide your Lycanthropy when you can embrace it, as a sidenote not everyone has to follow this character concept, you can still keep your human forms, I'm just making my sim's human form resemble a wolfman.
  • Options
    EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey everyone,
    Just a heads-up, I removed several comments for being off-topic. Please keep the conversation related to werewolves in the Sims. Thank you all! :)
  • Options
    I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but I just saw this on twitter.

Frost responded to someone's inquiry about Werewolves. So maybe we're getting noticed?

@Ea_Leelooo Also, my apologies for my own off-topic posts. I will be more careful about staying on topic going forward.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

Frost responded to someone's inquiry about Werewolves. So maybe we're getting noticed?

@Ea_Leelooo Also, my apologies for my own off-topic posts. I will be more careful about staying on topic going forward.

Awwww that sounds gooood!!
  • Options
    telmarina wrote: »

Awwww that sounds gooood!!

I was looking over some of the other comments on his thread about Generations and Farming, and I noticed he didn't reply to them like he did with werewolves. I'm not sure if it's a hint or just speculation, but the fact he responded to the comment about werewolves gives me just a little bit of hope that it's possible. :blush:

I also just responded to him myself with a few reasons why I'd love them.
  • Options
    Okay, woah. Now I'm noticing this...

I didn't get Paranormal Stuff yet I'm doing that today most likely but... now there's 2 hints.

Again, please take this with a grain of salt. There's no confirmation, I'm just putting it out there.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited January 2021

I didn't get Paranormal Stuff yet I'm doing that today most likely but... now there's 2 hints.

Again, please take this with a grain of salt. There's no confirmation, I'm just putting it out there.

Anyway i cannot be super excited already! I do know this is speculation, but im waiting for werewolves for sooo long! There's also in Paranormal a picture of somewhere that looks like scotland highlands and some celtic sign AND a sun and moon signs. Those are the only pics that don't change when the house gets hunted! I think this is too much coincidence! I'ld say medieval (or plain scotland highlands) pack with werewolves and some farm features (garden salad)...
    And maybe coming sooner than we'ld expect..
  • Options
    telmarina wrote: »

Anyway i cannot be super excited already! I do know this is speculation, but im waiting for werewolves for sooo long! There's also in Paranormal a picture of somewhere that looks like scotland highlands and some celtic sign AND a sun and moon signs. Those are the only pics that don't change when the house gets hunted! I think this is too much coincidence! I'ld say medieval (or plain scotland highlands) pack with werewolves and some farm features (garden salad)...
    And maybe coming sooner than we'ld expect..

Oh no, I totally get you. I'm starting to make myself excited with all of these new hints. lol. It's just the fact that the only non-bug Sims questions Frost answered being the Werewolves one (since as you pointed out on another thread, the others were just a salad related one and the Haunted Garden Salad) kind of struck me as "odd" but in a good way. Like why, out of all "dream packs" being mentioned pick that one?

That is very interesting though... about the sun, moon, and Scottish/Celtic references. I would say that most likely has to mean something...
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    @MeowchaFrappe I saw your reply to GuruFrost, I couldn't said it better myself, Werewolves and Vampires are like a dynamic duo of the occult world, having one without the other is weird.
  • Options
    @temporalgod Thank so much. It really would be weird to continue having one but not the other though.
  • Options
    playermarko456playermarko456 Posts: 4,972 Member
    edited January 2021
    Vampires, Werewolves, Witches/Spellcasters and Zombies being the main 4. Now I don't see zombies being a pack of their own, but what they can do is patch Realm Of Magic to allow Spellcasters to raise dead Sims back as zombies.

Missed opportunity to bring back the Resurrect-o-Nomitron from Sims 2 for Paranormal Pack to allow Sims to call the Grim Reaper to bring back their loved ones. Pay alot - bring them back as is, Pay little - the dead Sim comes back as a Zombie.
  • Options
    MaryAgnesMaryAgnes Posts: 8 New Member
    I'm not opposed to a werewolf pack at all, as long as it provides new gameplay and interesting build items - and a whole new world to play in. A game pack seems appropriate.

Looking at werewolf teen novels, the most common topic is the "alpha" and "luna" status of the pack leaders. The pack community is essential to most werewolf lore. Making a feature similar to clubs, with 8 slots for the different roles in the pack would be good. Alpha couple (2 slots, romantic relationship must exist), beta (2 slots), and omega (4 slots), would put relationships and gameplay at focus, instead of just individual skill building like the vampire and magic packs do.

Instead of skill boost bonuses based on points like clubs get, packs give boosts based on the size and strength of the pack. The more werewolves actually turn on a full moon, the more monthly bonuses you get.
    Pack moodlets could be:
    - Happy: our pack is strong!
    - Sad: our pack was too small to make a howl circle at the full moon.
    - Angry: there is another pack nearby. On OUR territory??
    Etc.

In terms of build items, classic werewolf style would probably look very similar to the vampires pack. I can understand that the sims team would be hesitant to making build items that look similar, but for those of us that enjoy building, there is no such thing as too much of a good thing :p Giving us items that work well with other packs, makes both packs more versatile when used together.

(Speaking of working well together, an update to the vampire pack when the werewolf one comes out would be appreciated, with moodlets for vampires such as:
    Angry: there are wolves nearby.
    Uncomfortable: Vlad bit a werewolf, and it tasted terrible. )

It would be nice if the new neighborhood was surrounded by a pretty extensive forest, like the woods in Granite Falls, and actually make the area accessible. That way, packs could go roaming in the forest together, instead of running up and down the streets, like you do on a jog.