Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else enjoy playing without cc or mods?

Comments

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    I'm happy to spend my time playing my game and not installing doodads in it or debugging it ;) Vanilla keeps everything running as smoothly as possible.

That said, I do like animating and I could see creating some custom animations for fun sometime.
  • Options
    TruthGamer96TruthGamer96 Posts: 123 Member
    I tend to avoid cc for a few reasons, mainly because I don't like the alpha stuff and lately it's been more difficult to find Maxis-match stuff (if anyone knows some good content creators for that, let me know). Additionally, if I download a bunch of cc and something is broken I then have to comb through everything to find the culprit, a process I absolutely cannot abide. The third reason is I hate having to update things whenever the base game gets a new update or I buy a new expansion pack.

As to mods, there's only two I religiously use--MCCC and Better Build/Buy. I'm a Sims 3 alumni and I need me some story progression! Even then, when the game updates I often forget to update/reinstall the mods. I don't mind vanilla gameplay, just sad the base game doesn't include things that seem like very basic elements to me.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I tend to avoid cc for a few reasons, mainly because I don't like the alpha stuff and lately it's been more difficult to find Maxis-match stuff (if anyone knows some good content creators for that, let me know). Additionally, if I download a bunch of cc and something is broken I then have to comb through everything to find the culprit, a process I absolutely cannot abide. The third reason is I hate having to update things whenever the base game gets a new update or I buy a new expansion pack.

As to mods, there's only two I religiously use--MCCC and Better Build/Buy. I'm a Sims 3 alumni and I need me some story progression! Even then, when the game updates I often forget to update/reinstall the mods. I don't mind vanilla gameplay, just sad the base game doesn't include things that seem like very basic elements to me.

Tumblr is full of Maxis Match cc, it’s where I get almost all of mine.
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member

I really like the CC at House of Harlix. I think of it as Maxis match. https://www.houseofharlix.com/downloads/collaborations

• Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    The game is unplayable for me without mods .... but most of my mods add family gameplay. New aspirations for kids and teens. New family oriented social events, etc.
  • Options
    SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    Never used them, never will.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I just added some more autonomy mods today. I honestly don't know how people can play without mods. It would drive me crazy. :D
  • Options
    TantalusTantalus Posts: 200 Member
    For me, its essential to play with a big variety of cloth mods. To dress my ladies properly. I did stop playing with male sims time ago due to how awful the male models look. I also used to play with mcc, but since i deactivated autonomy completely (enough is enough) i dont use it anymore.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    For the most part I played without cc in Sims2. I found out, sadly, when my favorite Sim Erik Cantrell and his new wife couldn't return from their exotic honeymoon, the necessity of having mods in my game. Thank you, Twallen, wherever you are! Now, in order to have a singer Sim back in my game. Yes, it is Erik Cantrell, I have to use mods. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    I never use mods—there's plenty enough stuff in all the content packs I own to make a varied and interesting world, and I simply don't want to be bothered to try and keep track of mods/CC every time EA puts out a new patch/update.

I do use testing cheats to mitigate bugs—resetsim is a godsend, as is shift-clicking on an object to be able to reset it—and I'll frequently use the set-money cheat to take money away from a new sim to make their earlygame more challenging.

But in Sims games, as in games in general, I tend to play the game the way the dev designed and made it.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Tantalus wrote: »
    For me, its essential to play with a big variety of cloth mods. To dress my ladies properly. I did stop playing with male sims time ago due to how awful the male models look. I also used to play with mcc, but since i deactivated autonomy completely (enough is enough) i dont use it anymore.
    Most of my sims are females because they tend to look more realistic than the male characters do, in the face. Much of the male characters faces look like they have been cut from a cardboard box in most video games. I'm a male in RL, and I can assure you that my jaw line is not that wide. Now I know that you can adjust that by simply dragging. But the male characters jaw line still look a little to boxy for my taste. Now maybe in the future if they can make a male character's jaw line a little more refined. Then I'll probably start playing more with male characters.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 847 Member
    No, I don't enjoy at all playing without mods. That said, I don't go crazy and install 15 gb of mods or anything. My mods folder is current 417mb of carefully curated mods. I admit it requires some upkeep when patches roll out, but the fewer mods you have the less stressful it is. I don't use much CC, only a couple of good pairs of jeans for every life stage since EA apparently can't make a decent pair of jeans to save their lives, and some more modest tops for my simself. What the heck is with all those belly baring tops and microskirts?? I only use maxis-match, check poly counts with S4S to be sure they're with EA ranges, and make sure everything is disabled for random. It doesn't really require that much time, once you get used to it.

@sunman502 A trick I learned a while ago is when I make male sims, I first make an attractive female sim. Then I switch gender to male to see how he looks. It takes a bit of tweaking, but this is the only way I've found to make attractive male sims.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I play without CC and mods. I've tried some, but I don't have the patience to be checking for updates. I also like playing the game vanilla, working things out without mods, seeing how the game actually works.
  • Options
    MindofyMindofy Posts: 313 Member
    Me. I've played vanilla since Sims 1.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited January 2021
    I've played without cc or mods for years and I loved it.i had no idea what cc was but I started seeing other people with cool stuff that didn't exist and I'm like HOW?!!! So I started researching lol I Think it's perfectly easy to to have fun without it!!
    The only reason I can't play without cc now is because it has opened up so much customization and variety the sims could never began to have without cc. Both in terms of sims and lot customization.
    Mods I can live without but cc really takes it to the next level. Love the alpha look.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited January 2021
    I tend to use too many mods with TS4. But honestly, I could do without every single one except MCCC. The good thing about total vanilla is you completely bypass the headache of "OK, what mods broke this time?!!" after every patch.
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I do!
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    iHannah17iHannah17 Posts: 5 New Member
    CC and mods always mess up my game so yeah I do. I have expansion packs tho so that helps lol.
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    I have minimum CC - defaults for eyes/skin and no other. But I can't play totally mod-free since there are many bug-fixes that still exist only in the form of mods and not implemented by QA team yet. Also emotional and whims overhauls make this game so much better I just reject playing without them. (I wonder if new emotion will break Meaningful Stories btw)
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    I'm getting there, playing the game w/o mods and CC. I've only ever played with two to three mods, MCCC and TwistedMexi's Allcheats and TOOL sometimes, but I've removed almost all the CC I had, getting error codes and chasing down bad CC was getting to be bothersome.
  • Options
    TantalusTantalus Posts: 200 Member
    edited January 2021
    I wonder where you guys download the CC... ive played all my life with CC and never EVER had a problem. Tons of cloths, and CC related stuff. Most of the times you dont even need to update them (if an author dont release a new version it doesnt need to be updated, and honestly most cloth CC dont need to be updated to later versions of the game). Only script mods and no much more.

Now if you really are not being careful about what you download, where, how... thats on you.. :)

Now, i dont understand how people can play without ANY autonomy mod. Really. Right now, the game is almost unplayable if you use full autonomy. I mean, you can endure it for a while, until your head start spinning. I dont like using MCCC (way worst than using any CC) and its too complicated to try to deactivate so many autonomous actions, so i deactivated autonomy completely. Im enjoying the game much much much more now.
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited January 2021
    I use a HUGE amount of CC and Mods (32.7gb and counting) in my game. But I have a save that is strictly no cheats, no mods. So, if I plan to play in that save, all that gets turned off, including using testingcheats on and bb.moveobjects, no money cheats, nothing. I do really enjoy playing that way sometimes, just the simple vanilla game. It's actually very relaxing.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I still only play Vanilla.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    After trying to use mccc (again) and watching my laptop get almost ready to fry eggs (again) im really considering to go full vanilla.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    No, I don't enjoy at all playing without mods. That said, I don't go crazy and install 15 gb of mods or anything. My mods folder is current 417mb of carefully curated mods. I admit it requires some upkeep when patches roll out, but the fewer mods you have the less stressful it is. I don't use much CC, only a couple of good pairs of jeans for every life stage since EA apparently can't make a decent pair of jeans to save their lives, and some more modest tops for my simself. What the heck is with all those belly baring tops and microskirts?? I only use maxis-match, check poly counts with S4S to be sure they're with EA ranges, and make sure everything is disabled for random. It doesn't really require that much time, once you get used to it.

@sunman502 A trick I learned a while ago is when I make male sims, I first make an attractive female sim. Then I switch gender to male to see how he looks. It takes a bit of tweaking, but this is the only way I've found to make attractive male sims.
    Cool! Thank you for the tip on how to make a more handsome male character. :)