Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else enjoy playing without cc or mods?

Comments

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I don’t use custom content or mods in sims 4. I’m not a computer techie. I would probably put the stuff in wrong, i’d have to have my daughter do it. I wouldn’t like having to update stuff after each patch either, although MCCC looks like a good mod. Wish EA would put something like that in the game themselves. In sims 2, I used to make some CC clothes.....that was fun. But, I would just really appreciate being able to have the color wheel and patterns so we could change the clothes and furniture.
  • foxybillyfoxybilly Posts: 231 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I don’t use custom content or mods in sims 4. I’m not a computer techie. I would probably put the stuff in wrong, i’d have to have my daughter do it. I wouldn’t like having to update stuff after each patch either, although MCCC looks like a good mod. Wish EA would put something like that in the game themselves. In sims 2, I used to make some CC clothes.....that was fun. But, I would just really appreciate being able to have the color wheel and patterns so we could change the clothes and furniture.

Me too! I wouldn't have a clue how to add CC - sometimes when doing historical saves I would love better clothes/hair etc - but it sounds too complicated to add (trays/folders etc!???!!!)

Another poster mentioned 'Easter eggs' in the game - what does that mean? Anyone know? thanks
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    foxybilly wrote: »
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

Me too! I wouldn't have a clue how to add CC - sometimes when doing historical saves I would love better clothes/hair etc - but it sounds too complicated to add (trays/folders etc!???!!!)

Another poster mentioned 'Easter eggs' in the game - what does that mean? Anyone know? thanks

Usually that means hidden secrets. Things that you don't always find or notice right away and usually it takes a little bit of work to get to them.

Unless they have Seasons installed and it's literally the Easter eggs that came in that pack... ;)

As for the original question, I don't use mods or CC. Way way back in the days of TS2 I was into all of that stuff and it broke so many of my saves and even gave myself a computer virus once so now I don't bother. I think things are probably a lot safer now, but I just don't want the hassle for a new pretty skirt or hair style. Luckily though, I don't like the look of alpha CC, I think it looks really out of place in TS4 (TS2 & TS3 it meshed better with those graphic art styles) and my game runs perfect this time around that I don't need mods to fix lagging or crashes. There are some tempting mods out there but I've managed to find enough fun in the game for now with EP's as it is. I think once TS4 is finished and there won't be any more updates, there are a few of these mods that I'll try then. Right now, with the monthly updates, it feels like more of a hassle than it's worth and I'm sure I would get addicted to some of these mods. :D

Origin ID: Peapod79
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I usually play without mods. I focus more on the game that way and it's also more enjoyable for me. I tend to play a lot longer and get more into my stories without mods, as opposed to with mods my gameplay becomes about whatever the mod does. If I do use mods it's out of curiosity and/or for laughs. I'll usually start a new save and label it so I know I used a mod in it.
    As for CC .. yeah no. I don't want to keep up with that, and it annoys me to see it looking different in CAS or build/buy for some reason. I did use some maxis match early on but the clothing has a lot more variety now so I'm good without CC.
    I'm sure I'll explore more when the game has run it's course and they stop making packs for it.

egTcBMc.png
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I used CC in TS2 & TS3, and some mods. I found myself using the same CC everywhere and didn’t even fully appreciate some of the newer items added in packs because I was thinking of all the CC I had downloaded. I don’t really need it in TS4, and I did try MCCC briefly to tame some annoying autonomy, but it was a hassle, it seems like there are so many settings to change a simple thing and I still missed some. And then when my sims still were doing some annoying thing I thought I’d changed, it bothered me even more. So it wasn’t really worth the effort to me, for what I wanted at least.

I’m really tempted by Wonderful Whims, but I’m planning to see if I can hold out until the game stops getting updated every month, because of the stress of updating mods and risking my saves. I don’t want to start playing with a chemistry system and then have to go without it, and if they actually do add an official chemistry system in the future I don’t want all my relationships to be based on a different one.
  • ConfutusConfutus Posts: 113 Member
    edited October 2020
    foxybilly wrote: »

What @Camkat said:
    Usually that means hidden secrets. Things that you don't always find or notice right away and usually it takes a little bit of work to get to them.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I play without mods or CC. I always have, even back in my Sims 2 days. My main concerns back then (and now) were that I'd mess up my game or I'd get a virus on my computer. When I first started up with Sims 4 last spring I was a little tempted, but then I kept seeing simmers mentioning having to wait to play after every update because they needed to have their mods or whatever updated. They also talked about having folders to keep their content organized and testing things to see if their mods or CC had caused a bug and I realized that would never work for me. My files in my computer are an absolute mess. I know that if I ever opened that door I'd wind up with a gazillion mods or CC files. :s

So I say no thanks. I play vanilla and I build vanilla. I use a few cheats when playing, and I play with Aging Off (at least for now). As for cheats when building, I use motherlode and recently used the debug cheat. I don't know how often I'll use that one in future. I don't use the build placement cheats either, because a) some of them are too fiddly to deal with, b) I've downloaded a few houses that used them which gave me trouble, and c) I've started uploading stuff to the gallery for others to use and I want them to be usable for anybody.

I enjoy the challenge of doing it straight up vanilla! I'm proud of what I've been doing that way and that feels really good. B)
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    For a very long time i didn't use any mods or cc. Nowadays i still don't use cc but i do use small mods. Some are for bug fixing,others for tweaking minor stuff to my liking, like the one that makes university degrees smaller. Those small mods are what they are, small, but i want to keep using them cause they make my experience better.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,286 Member
    I did in Sims2, because I was afraid to even use Boolprop. Then I found out I simply had to get over my irrational fear of mods/cc when Sims3 came around. It was either mod up or forever lose my Celebrity Rock Star. He and his bride got stuck in one of the WA worlds. Twallen, himself, posted in my thread with the answer I needed. His Traveller's mod. Did the trick. Pretty soon, I had about 20 of his mods in my game. Stabilized it and kept my Sim from being habitually late to his own concerts!

I started out without mods/cc in Sims4. But then I discovered MCCC and a few others like Sacrificial's Road to Fame. This allowed me to have my Rock Star back. Once I made the decision to go ahead and play an Ancestral game save, I needed cc for the 18th century. Not long ago I finally came across the little white linen caps the women wore. Yay. And most recently, I found some additional clothes for my Sims, so that everybody isn't wearing the exact same thing all of the time. I live variety. :)

Now, I refuse to play Sims4 without the mods. The last three patches have really given me fits, too.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    I can totally play without mods or CC... just ignore that Mods folder with 10,000 files... it's not mine. ;)
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • cchant86cchant86 Posts: 221 Member
    I don't use mods or CC. After suffering for years with Sims 3 that required mods just to be stable, I was so elated to be able to play Sims 4 without any "adjustments" that I've just never thought of modifying it. MCCC was very useful on Sims 3, but I haven't felt the need for it in Sims 4 the way I play. For now, I'm good. :smiley:
  • BreeNillaBreeNilla Posts: 160 Member
    No :)

I need mods lol. I need to give my sims personalities and consequences. But ever since I started my save file, I stopped using CC. Once I get my new computer, I'm going to get back into it. There's so many good maxis match creations!
    8a597ff0f1eef1830795b3ae467ad12c6bb980ae.jpg
    I made a Sims 4 Save File set 15 years into the future using the premade sims by giving them family trees, storylines and lore, fixed and added relationships, and more!
    Check it out here! -> kookablarn.tumblr.com
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Nope. I tried playing without mods before and it actually wasn't much fun.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I tried MCCC once, over a year ago, but decided I'd rather play without it or any other mods or cc, and I have enjoyed it.

Lately I have been wondering whether I should try some mods, because some of them have a couple of cool features, but I've been too lazy to learn more. Plus, I'm still doing fine without mods so there's no hurry.

Maxis match cc could be fun, but I'm worried I'd get too much stuff and then it might slow down my game. I used some cc in TS2 after I had played it for years without cc and it really brightened up my game, so I'm kind of saving that option till I feel I really need it.
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    I have to, since I play on PlayStation.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • r4tr4t Posts: 3 New Member
    Tried to play that way, thought the sims were hideous and shoved a bunch of alpha cc in my game, then realized how goofy looking that was amongst the cartoony background. That was years ago, though. I only use Maxic match cc, blends in nicely with the game, and all my clothes and hairs are merged. Mods are amazing, but constantly having to update them is quite annoying.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    utopiamoon wrote: »
    I might be the minority but I prefer to play my game without cc or mods. It just feels unnatural to me. And alot of cc just doesn't look good to me. I understand mods can make your game better but its not for me. Anyone else feel the same?

There‘s no doubt that certain CC can look unnatural. That’s why I am very selective with the CC that I download. There is plenty of Maxis-match content out there that you would never know was CC.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    As I am on console I have no choice but aside from sadly many many bugs and glitches I don't feel the need to have mods or CC. I really do like TS4 just the way it is. Just you know please fix those bugs please Sims Team. ☺️🙏🤞💫
  • JueJueJueJue Posts: 80 Member
    I played for years without mods and cc and have never minded. I still had fun even with the bugs. EL convinced me to try MCC but I've since taken it back out. I just really don't feel like i personally need mods & cc in my game
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    It's the reverse for me. Part of the reason I got into modding at all. There's just so much that would feel unbearably annoying or buggy or missing without mods (mostly I'd prob just be bored and struggle to spend any time in live mode). I don't use a huge amount, but there's certain stuff I'd really miss. Like I've used the no fit/fat change for most of my time playing the game. It's such a small change, but I hated working meticulously on CAS appearance, only to have it drastically change because of some minor changes in eating habits and exercise.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    utopiamoon wrote: »
    I might be the minority but I prefer to play my game without cc or mods. It just feels unnatural to me. And alot of cc just doesn't look good to me. I understand mods can make your game better but its not for me. Anyone else feel the same?

I do and so does everybody who is playing on console ;)
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• LumigensLumigens Posts: 41 Member
    I always played both TS2 and TS3 without mods, but TS4? I find it impossible to keep the game exciting for very long without them.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I do. I don't really use CC or Mods with my regular play. I just got into using CC doing the decades challenge and now I'm addicted.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I took my mods and cc out and so far the only thing i am missing is the one ceiling fan with a light in it. If I can figure out which cc it is, I'll add just that one thing back.
  • shokoroseshokorose Posts: 66 Member
    edited October 2020
    I never used CC or mods mainly because I don’t have the mental energy to keep track of them when they get out dated or broken. Eco living drove me to it because of the ridiculous effects of the NAPs. I’m not sure if I like them or not and don’t actually use them that much. They’re just sort of training wheels for me when I get in an uncomfortable Sims pickle:)