Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think of the new Paranormal Stuff pack?

Comments

• Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    I can’t wait!
    💀 is ❤️
  • Options
    Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    I can’t wait!
    It seems too good for a stuff pack!
    I wish it was a game pack or ep though, but I'm definitely buying it!
  • Options
    GalaxySimsGirlGalaxySimsGirl Posts: 172 Member
    Okay / Not really bothered
    I think it does look pretty good, especially for a stuff pack, but I’m not hugely into occult packs (although Vampires was done really well). My main concern is that some of the more in depth stuff & details might get missed because it’s only a stuff pack.
    If the livestream and first YouTube reviews of the pack are good then I might get it, but mainly for CAS and BB rather than the gameplay.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    It looks pretty good
    It looks good but i think im going to wait for a sale/until i have my interest in playing sims 4 again.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    If it comes with... (comment)
    More of a "have to see gameplay first but probably not buying"

It really depends on what the pack actually does. Happy haunts isn't really my style, scary haunts would be more fun for me. I don't see much of a point in ghostbusting happy little emotion ghosts.
  • Options
    EvilWitch83EvilWitch83 Posts: 140 Member
    It looks pretty good
    It looks like a pack I would be very interested in, however I don't normally buy stuff packs due to how much they cost in the UK on Origin. I might end up buying it in a 50% off sale if it lives up to the hype though since I am really interested in the theme of this pack.
  • Options
    BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    I can’t wait!
    I already love this pack! It will be an excellent addition to Vampires and Realm of Magic.
    I like everything I've seen in the trailer, especially the new lot type, the portrait which is able to summon ghost (i hope it really works this way), and the Paranormal Investigator career. I'm looking forward to getting it as soon as it is released.
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    I’ll buy it in a sale
    -heavy exhale-

Having to remind myself to not auto-purchase this one and wait for bugs and a sale because I have some lots I would like to make haunted.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    It looks pretty good
    Im a little dissappointed that Grim Reaper career wont be a thing (maybe someday...😪) But I am looking forward to some new occult content so Im ready for it. What Im honestly more excited for is FEAR finally coming to BG! Cant wait to make sims terrified!
  • Options
    belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    It looks pretty good
    I thought the Build and Buy looked very promising.
  • Options
    lexibeelexibee Posts: 163 Member
    I can’t wait!
    It actually looks like possibly one of the best stuff packs we've gotten all generation? I'm shocked. New career, new ghosts, new emotion, new lot type??, séance table! Bonehilda!! AHH Plus all the regular build/buy and cas items. I love so many of the new décor items did you see those couches with the blankets?? I'll be using those a lot. I also just can't wait to see how the different ghosts will act gameplay wise? It seems to be pretty reminiscent of the sims 3 ghost hunter career from what I can see so far.

I'm so glad we actually got the happy haunts pack 😭 I voted for it myself and was so sad that it lost, but we're still getting it! I wonder what other packs/ideas from that survey we'll see? I am sad that it's only a stuff pack but it does still seem to be pretty substantial for a stuff pack?

Now we just gotta hope that the non occult players who buy this pack for the items don't get upset about "intrusive gameplay" and beg the devs to nerf it. I'll never forgive what they did to vampires and aliens...
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    It looks pretty good
    As a "realistic" player, I think it has some game play aspects that I would actually enjoy. If I end up not liking the paranormal parts, at least the majority of the BB/CAS can be used for normal, every day households. I will for sure be buying it!
  • Options
    Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    I can’t wait!
    I voted that I couldn't wait and then I saw bonehilda and now I really cant wait!
  • Options
    Mosentosen11Mosentosen11 Posts: 1 New Member
    I think this is going to be great but there are a LOT of other things i rather want like sports to live like royals and to own a farm
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    I can’t wait!
    I'm excited we really need more supernatural content like this in the sims 4, seems like 2021 is going to be a good year.
  • Options
    xErasedCitizenxxErasedCitizenx Posts: 106 Member
    It's definitely not for me, I don't like any occult/supernatural stuff in my game. I am really happy for the players who are into that stuff though, it seems they've been wanting Bonehilda especially for ages! We all play the game differently and I have plenty of more realistic packs to keep me busy.
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    I can’t wait!
    I doubt we'll get any smudging sticks (although that would be cool) but I can still burn incense in game to give me the illusion of the room being cleansed.

You can maybe try placing crystals too :blush: I don't think there's any selenite in the game but maybe you can use amethysts? Although I think thats more for protection than cleansing.

Ooh! Excellent idea. I actually keep forgetting we have crystals in the basegame. Lol.

And while Amethysts are more for protection: protection is a very important part of any ritual. So they would still work out wonderfully. Thank you for reminding me of the crystals. :smile:
  • Options
    kayt45kayt45 Posts: 434 Member
    It looks pretty good
    I like the style of the pack and am very interested in the new gameplay but I want to see how it actually plays. The trailers haven’t always been super truthful to how the gameplay really is.
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    I don't care for the theme but it seems reasonably well-implemented. Super excited for the fear emotion, though!! I hope they tied vampires into it as well!
  • Options
    thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    I ADORE supernatural things, but upon closer consideration, I don't think the pack will impress. Why? Simple: Sims 4 is more RPG driven than any other game in the series. This is my prediction for the pack, based upon how many other packs are geared:

If there's hauntings, the ghosts will probably...

a. Change the Sim's emotional state.
    b. Fix the Sim's emotional state.
    c. Deplete one of their needs.
    d. Fill one of their needs.

...Now, how many other features from other packs do the exact same thing?

Okay, so, there's seances. Cool. This requires the Sim to talk to ghosts.

The event timer with a checklist will probably pop up on the upper left hand corner and give the player something like this...

1. Talk to 4 ghosts [let's be real, probably with recycled, ordinary talking animations -- as if they were talking to Sims!]
    2. Hug 1 ghost.
    3. Etc etc.

BAM. Problem solved.

Oh, wonderful, another NPC guide Sim. This one's a ghost.

If these features were implemented into, say, The Sims 2 or The Sims 3, I'd expect a lot more diversity. There was a lot more attention to detail in those games, imho. I love The Sims 4 -- it's probably the game I play the most -- but I'm having such a hard time getting excited for anything new lately. You know.....?
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    It looks pretty good
    I love the BB items and CAS we saw in the trailer.

It looks like it has a good amount of gameplay for a stuff pack. Plus I love active careers. I like the use of “specters” instead of in game ghost but I think this will actually disappoint some players.

I am mostly a realistic player but do like to play the occult from time to time. For that reason I will be waiting for a sale.

I am happy that occult players have a pack for them.
  • Options
    PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    edited January 2021
    Deleted
    Post edited by PreCiious on
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I can’t wait!
    All I know is... Imma have a haunted house that can actually scare the bejeezus outa my Sims! And it will never, ever get old because I waited six years for it. <3
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    edited January 2021
    I can’t wait!
    LiELF wrote: »
    All I know is... Imma have a haunted house that can actually scare the bejeezus outa my Sims! And it will never, ever get old because I waited six years for it. <3

I can't wait to move Grim and his Family into a haunted house, it be fun watching him get scared by the very things he hunts.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I can’t wait!
    Best news!! I'm super excited!