Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will you accept a Free Pack than depends of other paks?

a free pack than add:
hot tubs
rodents (other voidcritters?)
new objetives for GtW active jobs
City Living recolors for Luxury Party fontain

Comments

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited January 2021
    leo3487 wrote: »
    a free pack than add:
    hot tubs
    rodents (other voidcritters?)
    new objetives for GtW active jobs
    City Living recolors for Luxury Party fontain

Correct me if I am wrong if I was to accept an free Pack that would work only if I had the necessary packs for it to work? If that is the case I I would not want, it would require me to buy an pack I may not want and two it may be an ploy to get someone to buy an pack even if the pack that is used is free.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Sure.

Controversial, but I’d even support a DLC for a DLC if done flawlessly (although I wouldn’t prefer the format much). The execution of The Sims 4 doing it (in the form of My First Pet stuff pack) was horrible and a huge slap in the face, when Cats & Dogs already makes a mockery of the Pets theme which had contained way more content from The Sims 1 to The Sims 3.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    To me a free pack would just be an update. Free content usually is included with an update.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited January 2021
    Depends on The Pack yeah.
    Primary Has to Beef up the packs I use the most:
    Base Game Level: Sim Customization, Trait slots, Favorites
    Get Together: more Group activities, Group perks
    Realm of Magic: Spells Always up for more new spells and Magical gadgets and artifacts.
    Seasons: More Traditions & Seasonal Activities
    Get to Work: New things for police to do, Let scientists to study other occults, and gadgets to invent per pack, more Illnesses, accidents, medical conditions for doctors to treat... I should really try Using magic to hex/curse a sim, and see what a doctor thinks of it.
    Get Famous: To become known for your best skills. The More people See my level 10 sim's artwork, Read my sim's books, Listen to their music, See their acting, Eat their foods, Floral Arrangements, Fashion Trends, and so on. they will become known for it.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Yeah 100%, old packs need some more added to them
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    A free “pack” that depends on having other packs installed is just an update of the existing pack, if this is what you mean.
    Adding additional content to existing DLC in order to enhance gameplay for that specific pack is always welcome. There’s no question about it.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,977 Member
    edited January 2021
    I think it would be great if they added content to already existing packs, I own all the packs, and I don’t use CC or Mods, so sure, please update them!! I think most people who don’t use CC and Mods would really appreciate you adding more content to those packs.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited January 2021
    Knowing me I would probably support anything as long as it isn't Star Wars or some other silly real life brand that doesn't belong in the sims.
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    So if I understand, you asked, "WILL YOU ACCEPT A FREE PACK THAN DEPENDS OF OTHER PAKS?" What you are asking is, "Will you accept a free pack that depends on other packs"? If that is the case, yes, I would, as I own all the packs.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Yes of course
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited January 2021
    Sure. One of the biggest complaints here (and for me, GtW lacking a lot of the same careers and features as TS3: Ambitions was a big one) is how packs leave out so many features.

I've wanted the medical career to be heavily expanded upon; adding injuries/trauma, and an actual OR, not the "surgery machine"; and wrong treatments/taking too long resulting in repercussions; or even an EMS branch. Adding a firefighter active career is very reasonable; given animations and clothing exist in base game; we got them with the pre-Eco Living patch.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Anything free is always good.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Patch yes, pack eh there is already one with the holiday pack. I mean we have a live service for a reason for bug fixes and patches. Then again Stardew Valley doesn't even have packs and just keeps releasing content for their indie life simulation game, just has their game on multiple platforms instead.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Loanet wrote: »

Eh Debatable, Free and optional Is better. I can uninstall a Free pack, I can't uninstall a free patch, and My computer's memory storage space is Precious right now.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Sure thing I would.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,063 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Loanet wrote: »

Eh Debatable, Free and optional Is better. I can uninstall a Free pack, I can't uninstall a free patch, and My computer's memory storage space is Precious right now.

With do many patches at a year I guess for an optimization would be not bad each 1 year, uninstall and install the game. As I noticed when should reinstall it, Maxis integrate all patches at basegame install