Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gallery having trouble connecting?

Hey guys,

Anybody else finding that your internet is fine but gallery refuses to connect??

Comments

• Options
    Armika74Armika74 Posts: 367 Member
    I was just starting up my game after a pretty long time of not playing and the gallery is all messed up. There is a red cross over every single item and you can not download anything. Anyone else having this issue or knows what to do about it?
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    It seems that this is a common issue with the gallery.
    I sometimes come across the same thing and I'm not sure what causes it.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    You have to add the sims 4 and origin as an exception to your antivirus program. It started happening after a certain update.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    MDianaSims wrote: »
    You have to add the sims 4 and origin as an exception to your antivirus program. It started happening after a certain update.

I`ll try that. Thanks for answering <3
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    MDianaSims wrote: »

I didn't have to do that. It works fine for me.
  • Options
    It works for me too now. Added origin and Sims 4 to the antivirus and that did the trick :)
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Check your anti virus. Sometimes with updates (either the game or the anti virus software) the sims 4 and the gallery don't get put back onto the exceptions list and you have to do this manually. You can google it along with what program your using for how to's or find several posts on EA help. I usually use crinrict's blog though (because I never remember between times how to do this! :D ): https://crinrict.com/blog/2020/10/add-exceptions-to-anti-virus-programs.html
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    StarratsStarrats Posts: 288 Member
    I have the same problem, last night it was fine this morning it does not connect :(
    <3 My Gallery ID is oOStarratsOo
  • Options
    Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    I am having the same problem.
  • Options
    now it says this:

ScCNdxH.png

I bought all my sims 4 packs on origin :'(
  • Options
    Yeah, I think the gallery is actually just down right now. I've been getting the same as the picture ^ in the last few hours. Give it a day or so, they'll fix it. It happens.
  • Options
    I hope so , I really miss uploading my sims and looking at what others have made
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I usually never not problems, with it allowed through any Virus programs Firewalls but have tried several times to go online in Sims 4. Origin says I am online but the game doesn't let me see the Gallery. Nobody has informed us of Maintenance being carried out.
  • Options
    HeidiGrrrlHeidiGrrrl Posts: 122 Member
    Today is 01/05/2021, and I can't log on to the Gallery, either. Don't know the date of the original post.
  • Options
    HeidiGrrrlHeidiGrrrl Posts: 122 Member
    Same. Can't get onto the Gallery. I can see my stuff, but nobody else's. It is 01/05/2021 at 1:25pm CST.
  • Options
    elsie_delsie_d Posts: 7 New Member
    Same here. Cannot connect to access the Gallery. Major disappointment as I planned to do some remodeling with the help of some Gallery shell homes. 😔
  • Options
    EA doesn't look here for bugs or fixes, if you are still having issues with this, someone opened a bug report on Answers HQ:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Cannot-connect-to-Gallery/m-p/9927033#M170836
    Please go there to add your "me too". :)
  • Options
    I'm having the same problem and reported it here. There was a problem shown on earlier when I checked. It is still down for me. Origin is online but the game is not. I wish EA would be better at reporting problems than they are. If servers are down for maintenance or servers are having problems it should at least be reported on this Official Forum. I have the relevant permissions in my Security Advanced setting.
  • Options
    MisslizardMisslizard Posts: 162 Member
    Thanks guys, I just wanted to know other people have the same problem and it isn't just me and mine. I love the gallery cause i'm not a builder and I use other people's creations.....No Gallery-No Creations :(
  • Options
    ibshaunibshaun Posts: 46 Member
    Same problem for me too :( I went to the link that @Camkat shared to give my "me too" as well.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Cannot-connect-to-Gallery/m-p/9927033#M170836
  • Options
    I really get fed up with thinking the problem is mine all the time. I'm not playing again until I can get online from the Main menu. If I cannot I'm exiting the game immediately.
  • Options
    WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    Mine has been "attempting to connect" about 10 minutes now. It was taking forever, so I went and made myself a snack and grabbed a drink, and it still has the same message up. :(
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • Options
    Simburian wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem and reported it here. There was a problem shown on earlier when I checked. It is still down for me. Origin is online but the game is not. I wish EA would be better at reporting problems than they are. If servers are down for maintenance or servers are having problems it should at least be reported on this Official Forum. I have the relevant permissions in my Security Advanced setting.

I really wish there was a straightforward way like this too. So many other games do this, I don't understand why with the gallery we are left to guess work among ourselves. :/

Mine is back now though, it literally came back online as I was logging off :| so hopefully everyone else's are coming back too.
  • Options
    elsie_delsie_d Posts: 7 New Member
    > @Camkat said:
    > EA doesn't look here for bugs or fixes, if you are still having issues with this, someone opened a bug report on Answers HQ:
    > https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Cannot-connect-to-Gallery/m-p/9927033#M170836
    > Please go there to add your "me too". :)

I posted for the OP not for EA. This issue has happened before & resolves itself in time. Thanks for the link, however, Camkat. I would have gone there if I thought my issue were unique.
  • Options
    MisslizardMisslizard Posts: 162 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I really get fed up with thinking the problem is mine all the time. I'm not playing again until I can get online from the Main menu. If I cannot I'm exiting the game immediately.

I can totally understand that and i feel that without the gallery I can't play my game properly either because if i move I can't find a perfect home for my sims! So i'm stuck with the crap EA builds.....