Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will Vampires roam my neighbourhoods?

Hi all,

I'm not much of a supernatural player. I don't use aliens in my world, I don't use plant people — actually I'm not even sure if plant people is TS4 or TS3 — and even though I was excited about mermaids, they were a let down so I never play them either. I'm considering buying Vampires, not for the gameplay but the build objects, (mind you, only if there is a boxing day sale). What I'm worried about is if vampires will roam my neighbourhoods as I really don't want them to. I've considered killing them all off so I wouldn't have to see then at the corner shop but I'm curious to know how present they are in neighbourhoods even if I don't play them.
Go Raps!
canada-flag-tiny.gif

Comments

• Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,577 Member
    Vampires only roam at night except for occasionally Caleb Vatore because he's sun proof. So if your sims are awake late at night you'll see them on the street and sometimes at your door. They usually don't try to come in
  • Options
    BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    Usually, vampires don't bother much, they don't reveal themselves. But there is a feature that can be really annoying: occasionally a vampire can break into your sim's house and drink their blood. There is no way to prevent these invasions except studying Vampirism and hanging garlic above the main door.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Brinn wrote: »
    Usually, vampires don't bother much, they don't reveal themselves. But there is a feature that can be really annoying: occasionally a vampire can break into your sim's house and drink their blood. There is no way to prevent these invasions except studying Vampirism and hanging garlic above the main door.

Click on house main door - trespassing options - no vampires. It would be nice if every one learnt this so those of us who bought Vampires for the actual vampire and not a pretty chair could actually have, you know, vampires.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I've never noticed vampires in the world at all. They're basically non existent since maxis nerfed them
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member

This is only happening once in a blue moon, best not to mention this at all since it has already been nerfed and I sure as hell won't like it if it's getting nerfed. Again.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    I only had vampire break-ins when I played the PS4 game back at the beginning of its release. I've never once had it since I moved to PC and they changed it. I agree it's not worth mentioning except as a "they used to do this, but they don't anymore" kind of thing.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 883 Member
    When I got vampires, Vlad stalked pretty much all the houses in the save file. I usually had my Sims lock the door to him. He usually stalks at night, and no which world I was in, he would be wondering around, so I clicked on the door for the household and locked him out.
    Another save file has Caleb be the culprit, but I have the doors locked as well.
    To keep vampires out, just click the door, and lock the door how you want it locked. Either just the household, etc. If you want a vampire Sim without CAS, just leave the door unlocked and the Vampires may eventually show up. I got at least 3 Vampire Sims by leaving my door unlocked, and Vlad was the one that turned them.
  • Options
    izecson wrote: »

This is only happening once in a blue moon, best not to mention this at all since it has already been nerfed and I sure as hell won't like it if it's getting nerfed. Again.

It happens in every my sim's family, no matter how low are the chances. Instead of nerfing it, they should make this happen only if a player triggers it somehow. I suppose people who don't want to play with vampires don't want to deal with them at all, regardless of their rarity. On the contrary, sometimes it would be nice to make sure that a vampire appears at night.
  • Options
    CelSims wrote: »

Click on house main door - trespassing options - no vampires. It would be nice if every one learnt this so those of us who bought Vampires for the actual vampire and not a pretty chair could actually have, you know, vampires.

Don't blame players for complaining about the ill-working feature, blame developers for its design :) I'm also not the one to ask for nerfing it: low chances can't fix the problem.
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,762 Member
    Thank you all for your help and advice :)
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,683 Member
    I don't play occults either, and like you I got the Vampire pack for the BB. I was quite surprised that I loved not only the BB but also the new little world as well as playing the vampires! I think it's quite a good pack, and they are not flooding my otherwise realistic game in any way. Just a couple vampires have been on my sims' door, but when not let in they leave. I have not seen them roaming the community lots either. From reading older threads, I think vampires were more active when the pack was released, but that this has been greatly reduced as it got too invasive. I really recommend this pack, it's pure fun, and you decide what part of the fun you want to see in your game.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    I play with vampires a lot, but all of my vampires are playble sims, I have about 20 of them XD They do roam at night and I meet them in the clubs and community lots, but as I said I have tons of them and I also use a lot of mods. I never had any of my playable vamps come and try to get inside of a house of my human sim to suck blood. I guess they are all well behaved :lol:
  • Options

It happens in every my sim's family, no matter how low are the chances. Instead of nerfing it, they should make this happen only if a player triggers it somehow. I suppose people who don't want to play with vampires don't want to deal with them at all, regardless of their rarity. On the contrary, sometimes it would be nice to make sure that a vampire appears at night.

No thank you. I want surprises, not things only happening because I forced them too. I could use MCCC to force a vampire night visit but it completely sucks the fun out of it when I know it's because I made it happen. Just use the No Trespassing?
  • Options

Don't blame players for complaining about the ill-working feature, blame developers for its design :) I'm also not the one to ask for nerfing it: low chances can't fix the problem.

I absolutely blame the players for wanting game play that some people actually enjoy, to be turned off on them completely. There are ways to prevent vampire break ins, so maybe players that don't want them could use that. Turn up the break ins now there is the No Trespassing option please.
  • Options

No thank you. I want surprises, not things only happening because I forced them too. I could use MCCC to force a vampire night visit but it completely sucks the fun out of it when I know it's because I made it happen. Just use the No Trespassing?

Who said about removing an element of surprise? :) What I'm saying is: for random vampire's break-ins to happen your sim should first show some interest in vampires. That would be fair. If your sims never speak about vampires, never talk to vampires, and never read a book about them - why bothering them with vampire attacks?
    Use "No trespassing"? The fact that so many players don't know about this feature shows how badly this solution works. My point is: if I don't ask about a part of gameplay that can be annoying, there must be a way to activate this part rather than a way to prevent it to happen. How did you feel about random alien attacks after the release of GtW EP? Did you like that almost every male in your game was abducted and became pregnant?
  • Options
    GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    I've never had Vampires break into my Sims houses. Vladimir, visits and knocks on my Sims door, but never enters. I've never spoken with a vampire, or befriended them, not because I don't like Vampires and play supernatural Sims (as I was trying to test if that would help keep them away).. but because I don't want my legacies interacting with that content yet, until I reach a specific generation, etc. :)

Vampires do roam the neighborhoods at night - it's mostly when I've seen Vlad, Lilith, or Caleb, but they usually pay you no mind, they're just walking by. However, if you're worried you can lock your doors for only your household as that's helped me to keep out unwanted Sims from entering. But there's a few other options mentioned here that you can also do to help even more. :) I don't know if this works for everyone, but so far, no issues with doors locked for everyone but household only.

To those that may be celebrating: Merry Christmas Eve / Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all! 🌟🎁🎄
  • Options
    edited December 2020

Who said about removing an element of surprise? :) What I'm saying is: for random vampire's break-ins to happen your sim should first show some interest in vampires. That would be fair. If your sims never speak about vampires, never talk to vampires, and never read a book about them - why bothering them with vampire attacks?
    Use "No trespassing"? The fact that so many players don't know about this feature shows how badly this solution works. My point is: if I don't ask about a part of gameplay that can be annoying, there must be a way to activate this part rather than a way to prevent it to happen. How did you feel about random alien attacks after the release of GtW EP? Did you like that almost every male in your game was abducted and became pregnant?

You are comparing a game bug to game play which is intended so I don't see the relevance of that. Infact, i'm currently playing a scientist because alien abductions is the only occult I can have happen in game without me initiating it. And just like with vampires, there is a way to stop it happening.

The problem with having to initiate it is we get a situation like Realm of Mundane. Theoretically we initiate magic into the world when we have a sim step through the portal. What we actually get is maybe seeing a sim land somewhere on a broomstick now and again. If a visiting top level mage who knows all spells and potions gets locked in a room with a bed and nothing else, will he teleportalate out? Will he feed himself with delicisio? Will he clean his pee with scruberoo? No. They are barred from any autonomy that reveals they are a mage. Having to initiate things for individual households automatically means they are barred for everyone and everywhere else. Which does not satisfy the way some people want to play.

And that seems to be what some people want with vampires, which is probably why we got the most boring, unmagical spellcasters ever.

My sim walks around neighbourhoods I know are filled with aliens, vampires, spellcaster and mermaids. The world may as well be full of human sims for the difference it makes.

I'm all for toggles or similar to appease the 'I want that couch!' players. I realize that wouldn't be satisfactory for the people - which includes me- that sometimes want an occult free house or neighbourhood. But, when the focus of a pack is the occult, then the occult default for everywhere should be 'ON". By all means include a way to turn it off, have a sim read a 'how to defend from' book, or have a lot type that bars all or specific types. If you buy a pack and don't want it's gameplay, you should be the person having to go the extra mile to turn it off, not for the people that want it, to have to go through a rigmarole every time they want a chance at something in one place while it remains off everywhere else.

On topic, in 4500 hours of game play since Vampires was released, I have had 2 nights when a vampire broke in and drank from a sim. The rest of the time they appear, knock over a dustbin and leave. And my sims all learn vampire lore and interact with vampires.
    Post edited by CelSims on