Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there something wrong with the gallery?

For the past few days, every time I pull up the gallery all of the entries are just white boxes with red x's through them. It's fine, I don't actually need the gallery, but I'm not a builder and so if I decide I want, say, a functional house for my sims to live in, they'll end up living in a tent outside :disappointed:

Is this happening to everybody else? Or is it just me and if so should I go post in the help forums? Thanks!
I don't remember how to change my signature.

Comments

• Options
    AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    It's happening to me too...
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Normally when that happens and persists it's your anti virus blocking it. You need to allow whatever program you are using access. This happens to me often after patches. It's especially an issue with AVG and Avast so if you use either of these, this is more than likely the case. ;)

If you aren't sure how to add an exception, Crinrict explains how in their blog:
    https://crinrict.com/blog/2020/10/add-exceptions-to-anti-virus-programs.html
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    I haven't noticed that problem per se, but I have noticed another issue (maybe just for me).
    No matter what I type into the search bar, it seems that random entries pop up.

Search: "Bob"
    Found: "Alice", "Janet", "Scooby Doo".
    I have to narrow my search down to "popular now" or "most recent" for anything relevant to show up.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    Usually, the only time when I see the white box with a red X is when (I assume) the creator takes down the creation from the gallery.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    Domenica1976Domenica1976 Posts: 11 New Member
    Hello everybody, I have the same problem. When I go to the gallery, every entry is a white box with a red X. Even the maxis creations. Hopefully they fix the problem quickly.
  • Options
    Domenica1976Domenica1976 Posts: 11 New Member
    @Camkat, thanks for the info. The gallery is now visible. Have a nice weekend!
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Camkat wrote: »
    Normally when that happens and persists it's your anti virus blocking it. You need to allow whatever program you are using access. This happens to me often after patches. It's especially an issue with AVG and Avast so if you use either of these, this is more than likely the case. ;)

If you aren't sure how to add an exception, Crinrict explains how in their blog:
    https://crinrict.com/blog/2020/10/add-exceptions-to-anti-virus-programs.html

Thank you so much!
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    mrsgobbymrsgobby Posts: 2 New Member
    so i been having the same problem and i contacted ea and they said players been having the same problems and there working on it but that was days ago and kinda missing browsing through the gallery at nice houses please ea can u help fix this problem i checked my firewall and everything but its still not working thanks
  • Options
    mrsgobbymrsgobby Posts: 2 New Member
    oh thanks thanks thanks i just clicked on the link to add the sims to my allow and it accually is working for the gallery glad i looked on here now sorry ea it wasnt the issue your end :)
  • Options
    TEXASTWANGTONYATEXASTWANGTONYA Posts: 4,940 Member
    Thanks so much.... I hope this works
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Gallery is just fine - both in game and online.