Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Felixandre's Kyoto Set

If you haven't played Felixandre's Kyoto set with snowy escape (and you like to build) you haven't lived.

I have a question though, and I tried asking the creator but they didnt respond. I downloaded both of the Kyoto sets and I still don't have or can't find this bench chair thing (the one the bucket is on) in my game. Does anyone who has the set know what its called or where it is in the game? I'm convinced I'm losing my mind because I did have it before I took everything out and replaced it for the door fix.

1.png?token-time=1607643976&token-hash=ZTagiIsk3DjogkD1u-8YgoKs_tzUyjziwoko2yjMbUc%3D
Go Raps!
canada-flag-tiny.gif

Comments

• Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited November 2020
    There are three separate parts to his Kyoto set, I can't remember which part has that bench but I do have it in my game. If you only downloaded two parts, then you're missing another download part. And I agree, his Kyoto set is to die for... it's so perfect for this pack it's not even funny! I've been using it like crazy in all my Snowy Escape lots. :)

Edit to add: Oh, and it's called "Felixandre Kyoto Stool" and it's in the comfort/dining chairs category.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,762 Member
    The third set is all doors and roof stuff though right?

Thank you so much! I’m going to check and make sure I have it tomorrow!
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    Ok so the file is definitely in my game, but where can I find it? Side tables?
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    That's WAY too expensive - $10 for one set? I'd rather continuously support a creator with $2-3 for 10 months or more.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    Ok so the file is definitely in my game, but where can I find it? Side tables?

Have you tried using the CC filters then taking @AncientMuse's advice to look under comfort/dining?
  • Options
    KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    That's WAY too expensive - $10 for one set? I'd rather continuously support a creator with $2-3 for 10 months or more.

Because of the TOU for TS4 allowing creators to make things, they have to have the items become free after a time. Even on Patreon they release them after the initial "please pay" period (about 2-3 weeks). It becomes "open access".
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    KatAnubis wrote: »
    Aine wrote: »

Because of the TOU for TS4 allowing creators to make things, they have to have the items become free after a time. Even on Patreon they release them after the initial "please pay" period (about 2-3 weeks). It becomes "open access".
    @KatAnubis Except some don't release their sets for free at all, so some sets stay behind an expensive pay wall indefinitely. Unless I'm completely missing some link, that's the case with these sets aswell - please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    I believe Felixandre has only released some sets for free. They are definitely worth checking out. I paid $30 and got their entire library so it was totally worth it for me. After that it's $5 a month and they release like.. 2 or three sets a month? Anyway, to each their own. I love this creators work.

To answer my question for anyone else that's interested, it's actually a chair!! They must have used a cheat to get the items to look like it's a surface.
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    I believe Felixandre has only released some sets for free. They are definitely worth checking out. I paid $30 and got their entire library so it was totally worth it for me. After that it's $5 a month and they release like.. 2 or three sets a month? Anyway, to each their own. I love this creators work.

To answer my question for anyone else that's interested, it's actually a chair!! They must have used a cheat to get the items to look like it's a surface.
    So he's breaking EA's TOU then?
    Allons-y!

• Options
    I don't know anything about that. Best to take it up with the creator
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    I don't know anything about that. Best to take it up with the creator
    It's like KatAnubis said above in this thread: EA requires creators to release content after a few weeks, otherwise they break the TOU. It's pretty clear to me. Creators are illegally making money off of EA's product when they never release them for free. In essence you're at least morally in accessory if you support these creators by buying their illegal products. I'm not judging, I'm just saying, it's clear that it's not okay for creators to never release these creations.
    Allons-y!

• Options
    yHey @AncientMuse Did you by chance get the December set? I can't seem to find the suitcase set in the game! I feel like Felixandre's items are so randomly categorized, like the picture frames are in the kids section!
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited December 2020
    @DeadFishy

Yup, I have his December set. The suitcases are in the "storage/dressers" category. They function as dressers which is super handy for tiny builds because they're small enough to fit just about anywhere without taking up too much space (although I haven't actually used them yet, but I'm sure I will eventually). :)
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    Found them! Thanks! I used them in a rental lot and they look great and authentic! I love that they function as a dresser!
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif