Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 being rebranded as "The Sims Life"?

On the official EA website there is now a new unlisted page titled "The Sims Life"

life.png
https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/live-the-sims-life

The page url is listed as a game in the sims franchise, and is seemingly talking about 4 as it links to 4 at the bottom of the page. However, the weird thing is that they never call the game the Sims 4 once, it's only referred to as "The Sims Life". Through the whole page they only use the term the sims life, there's references to living the sims life throughout with the slogan "How will you live the sims life?". There's no mention of the sims 4 anywhere and it constantly references living the sims life as if that's the title of the game.

Then with this page there is 4 unlisted commercials, presumably also for the Sims 4, however again there's no mention of the Sims 4. Usually with commercials for the game the title would be "The Sims 4: -insert text-", however for these commercials the title on all of them is "The Sims Life: -insert text-"

life2.png

There is absolutely no mention of 4 in any of these trailers, instead at the end of the trailers they call it the Sims life. Could The Sims 4 be rebranding?

The first of these trailers also came out on the 26th of November. Just one day before these came out SimGuruGraham talked about the future of the game and the article calls it "Less The Sims 5, more The Sims 4.5 ", they also said in this article "there needs to be more life in the life sim"...

Comments

• Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I think they're just trying to advertise all their Sims games (Sims 4, Sims Mobile, Freeplay ...) that they have listed at the top. These commercials are super random and don't specifically represent any of the games well so they can apply to all of them.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited December 2020
    i never played The Sims Life Stories so idk but thats still all that pops into my head when u spell it like that o_o

we also don't have spinoff for ts4 era yet unless we count mobile soooo....
    [Image removed - CM]
    Post edited by EA_Barry on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I think I agree with Haneul but I think they are using mostly the sims 4 for the push.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    under the "how would you like to play?" thing on its website says
    *Requires The Sims 4 (sold separately) and all game updates. For PC, see minimum system requirements for the pack.
    and when you click on the platform it still goes to sims 4, so it's either sims 4 rebranding or a sims 4 add on/spin off
    dw @Simmingal i'm kinda connecting the dots as well
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Those videos are cute :D
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited December 2020
    Maybe this is their way of trying to sell the sims4 without revealing that it's a six year old game with over $600 in DLC...
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Wasn't there talk of a Sims movie? Maybe they are finally releasing it and this is PR for it? They also had that singer Bene that had a music video inspired by sims life.
  • Options
    YamsisimsYamsisims Posts: 111 Member
    This is just a generic "hook" advertisement....I think they did something similar before The Sims 3 came out. It is just hyping the whole franchise and concept.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I'm interested in this waterworld concept though...
  • Options
    LeosimsLeosims Posts: 47 Member
    No,Not Real,Just a Ad of a unlisted Page.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    It would be great if Sims 4 became its own animal with a rename and then Sims 5 came out as an actual sequel to the previous games and they both got developed simultaneously. But then, they would probably be competing with each other so that probably wouldn't happen. It would be awesome though.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited December 2020
    haneul wrote: »
    I think they're just trying to advertise all their Sims games (Sims 4, Sims Mobile, Freeplay ...) that they have listed at the top. These commercials are super random and don't specifically represent any of the games well so they can apply to all of them.

Possibly, but the only game that's linked to the videos and this article is Sims 4, on the "How would you like to play" at the bottom of the page it only gives the option of pc or console. Even more confusing is that it says it
    Requires The Sims 4 (sold separately) and all game updates. For PC, see minimum system requirements for the pack
    as if it's dlc.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    They can also say Sims Life to attract ppl to stick with sims in the future as well. Eventually there will be no sims 4, and there will be a newer sims. For now they mean all sims game they have available.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    I'm interested in this waterworld concept though...

Me too! It's literally the only thing that made me think 'oohh! Yeah, I want that! The Sims needs more of that.'
  • Options
    YamsisimsYamsisims Posts: 111 Member
    Onverser wrote: »

Possibly, but the only game that's linked to the videos and this article is Sims 4, on the "How would you like to play" at the bottom of the page it only gives the option of pc or console. Even more confusing is that it says it
    Requires The Sims 4 (sold separately) and all game updates. For PC, see minimum system requirements for the pack
    as if it's dlc.

The have to do that in the disclaimer to keep the legal departments happy. SimsVIP even has an article confirming it is just a marketing campaign for the franchise as a whole.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    As long as its moving in a Sims 5 direction im good. But if theyre just rebranding sims 4 again i cri

If the base game was more solid i wouldnt mind if they kept adding dlc forever but its not like that for me.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    Yamsisims wrote: »

as if it's dlc.

The have to do that in the disclaimer to keep the legal departments happy. SimsVIP even has an article confirming it is just a marketing campaign for the franchise as a whole.

the franchise as a whole? i mean maybe, but it says that requires sims 4 which would be ts4 marketing and if it's a campaign to promote the sims 4 isn't a bit obvious to say that requires the sims 4 to play? lmao but whatever the law says. also ts4 mermaids are from island living meaning it would require sims 4 and also island living, same with the cats ad
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Wait can we actually do that in the Sims 4 the water world? It looks awesome :D
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    @pepperjax1230 I wish. We can't even dive underwater like that in ts4.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited December 2020
    @fruitsbasket101 maybe we can one day 😉 I have a feeling they may give us underwater lots. Especially since they don't plan on ending this any time soon.

To answer the OP from my understanding I think it's a rebranding. They didn't call it the sims 4.5 for nothing. Sure they list all their games because they would be happy if someone brought something regardless of which part. But the sims 4.5 is the main attraction because it's still going. And they said there is much planned for it.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    bella_goth wrote: »
    Yamsisims wrote: »

as if it's dlc.

the franchise as a whole? i mean maybe, but it says that requires sims 4 which would be ts4 marketing and if it's a campaign to promote the sims 4 isn't a bit obvious to say that requires the sims 4 to play? lmao but whatever the law says. also ts4 mermaids are from island living meaning it would require sims 4 and also island living, same with the cats ad

I think the page is advertising the Sims franchise as a whole. The disclaimer doesn't relate to the video ads specifically. The videos all say something like "not all images appear in game."

This disclaimer is more likely about the text "How would you like to play?" and the links in that section to places where the Sims 4 can be purchased. I think it's just a standard legal disclaimer and just copied/pasted from their expansion/game/stuff pack pages, which is why it doesn't seem to make sense.

See - here is the exact same text and links and disclaimer on
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    @haneul but those are actual packs for the sims 4

yeah it's probably just marketing for ts4. but ea should stop doing these useless ads & instead give that budget to devs.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    bella_goth wrote: »
    @haneul but those are actual packs for the sims 4

yeah it's probably just marketing for ts4. but ea should stop doing these useless ads & instead give that budget to devs so we can actually have a better game, but instead they rely too much on misleading trailers to promote their content

I know they're Sims 4 packs. My point is that they used a template/just copied and pasted that section over into this new page, changed the links, and left the disclaimer the same. They forgot to make the disclaimer make sense when the link is to the base game and not an expansion/game/stuff pack. That's all.

I think these ads may work too. They target a new audience that might be curious about the game. :neutral:
  • Options
    edited December 2020
  • Options
    @haneul so it's just ea being lazy and misleading? yeah nothing new then