Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

50x50 Lot on the Mountain

Comments

• Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    @ImSands yes, the wishing well fits it well too.
    @SheriSim57 I can access the Gallery on my phone.
    @babajayne That is a very good looking build. I especially like the toboggan roof that transcends into a curved shape. Looks as if the sims would take a ride on it.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Thank you, @Auroraskies ! Yes it does look like a fun slide, I wish!
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    I turned it into a fitness center since a gym seemed like the perfect lot type to add to Mt. Komorebi.

11-23-20_12-24-42_AM.png
    11-23-20_12-25-43_AM.png
    11-23-20_12-26-00_AM.png
    11-23-20_12-26-19_AM.png

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,435 Member
    VentusMatt wrote: »
    I turned it into a fitness center since a gym seemed like the perfect lot type to add to Mt. Komorebi.

11-23-20_12-24-42_AM.png
    11-23-20_12-25-43_AM.png
    11-23-20_12-26-00_AM.png
    11-23-20_12-26-19_AM.png

I see your building and I see that skating rink and I wish we had ice hockey in game. :smiley:
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    Ooooh, the fitness center is actually a real nice idea!
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,540 Member
    edited November 2020
    I did some rearrangements to the transplanted Ito rental home.
    It's now ready for my sims.
    11_25_20_6_49_45_AM.png

11_25_20_6_50_25_AM.png
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,380 Member
    As usual CK, you hit it out of the park! Absolutely beautiful!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,540 Member
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    As usual CK, you hit it out of the park! Absolutely beautiful!

This is so nice with the falling snow and the Japanese folk music going from the ice skating rink.
    11_26_20_2_57_28_PM.png

I like it so far, but "so far" isn't very far at all.
    11_26_20_2_59_28_PM.png

This is my first time seeing Mt Komorebi in game. I haven't done anything yet, but I will today.
    Olivia has a lot of energy for some reason and I'm glad I put in a climbing wall. She has 2 skill points already.
    11_26_20_2_59_56_PM.png

Bath room break.
    11_26_20_3_00_21_PM.png
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    My castle is ready.
    I’m using it for a multi-generational family.

I tried having a covered pool in the decking. Most of the swimming options were greyed out, though, because of the cold. My sims could jump in with the diving platform and swim laps and they didn’t get cold, but it still seemed a little too swanky to have a heated pool in the open air like that. I decided to replace it with a hot spring (and shower) but I kept the hot tub for an option to soak without showering first, great to use with guests.

There’s a sauna near the front of the property which is the perfect place to get in a mindful state before heading out for winter activities. Or you can warm up there afterwards. One of my sims sits there to wait for an acceptable sim to seduce as they walk past.

Gallery link:

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/865CCD7730DA11EB8A4E1AE2A2C073C3?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=babajayne&max=50&maxis=false

cFMEkWP.png
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,435 Member
    babajayne wrote: »
    My castle is ready.

I tried having a covered pool in the decking. Most of the swimming options were greyed out, though, because of the cold. My sims could jump in with the diving platform and swim laps and they didn’t get cold, but it still seemed a little too swanky to have a heated pool in the open air like that. I decided to replace it with a hot spring (and shower) but I kept the hot tub for an option to soak without showering first, great to use with guests.

There’s a sauna near the front of the property which is the perfect place to get in a mindful state before heading out for winter activities. Or you can warm up there afterwards. One of my sims sits there to wait for an acceptable sim to seduce as they walk past.

If you have eco lifestyle you can add the geothermal lot trait and it will keep your pool warm.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited November 2020
    Normally I turn my biggest lots into cities and malls or something. 40x30 is my ideal residential size. The lots in this world are either too big or too small for me. So I turned this into a rental cabin. It's actually residential because I wanted flexible rotational play but I use it as a rental.
    I just HAD to have that cozy rustic wood cabin in the mountains. I won't flood with too many pics but here is a few.

M4XkBjE.jpg

cilEfzb.jpg

QvxSqHM.jpg

hecrLvX.jpg

svU3lOR.jpgBy the time I finished building I didn't get to play much yet but I do recall seeing a few walk bys.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »
    babajayne wrote: »
    My castle is ready.

If you have eco lifestyle you can add the geothermal lot trait and it will keep your pool warm.
    Good info for the record, thanks.
    I don’t have or want Eco Lifestyle- oh well!
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,411 Member
    Great buildings everyone.

I also created an ice skating stadium (fitness center).

jC4XaEr.png

mJeYJqz.png
  • Options
    It looks nice.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,411 Member
    edited December 2020
    fullspiral wrote: »
    What are people doing with that empty residential lot on the mountain in Snowy Escape?

I normally don't play on big lots at all. I never know what to do with all that space.

What have you been using it for? Show me what you've got and your ideas for it!

I haven't done anything yet but I suggest placing a cabin there and making it a rental.

This will work
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byJyZ5AIJQw
  • Options
    Echo17121Echo17121 Posts: 88 Member
    @alanmichael1 what lot setting did you use? I made a gym with a rink and nobody would use the rink when it was set to gym. I tried community lot (eco) and generic as well. I think I have left it on generic because a sim went to the rink but it stinks to kinda lose the gym vibe.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    It's a gym. I created a club for winter activities to fill the rink.
    Post edited by alanmichael1 on
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,411 Member
    Echo17121 wrote: »
    @alanmichael1 what lot setting did you use? I made a gym with a rink and nobody would use the rink when it was set to gym. I tried community lot (eco) and generic as well. I think I have left it on generic because a sim went to the rink but it stinks to kinda lose the gym vibe.

This was fixed in a patch a while back. It seems to be broken again as sims dont want to use skating rinks.
  • Options
    Montrase102Montrase102 Posts: 330 Member
    A bit different, but I built a Sumo Beya. A residence for Sumo Wrestlers who live with their trainer

cZ30U8Z.png
    Ds4KlSQ.png
    qAxxJQd.png
  • Options

This was fixed in a patch a while back. It seems to be broken again as sims dont want to use skating rinks.

I think they use the rinks in the public space, but only seldom on community lots. This is far too restrictive in TS4. Visitors on the new Onsen lots for example won't use pools, normal hot tubs, saunas or massage tables autonomously in my game - what a waste!
  • Options
    I like the Sumo Beya idea. How do you simulate the training/fighting @Montrase102?
  • Options
    Echo17121Echo17121 Posts: 88 Member

I think they use the rinks in the public space, but only seldom on community lots. This is far too restrictive in TS4. Visitors on the new Onsen lots for example won't use pools, normal hot tubs, saunas or massage tables autonomously in my game - what a waste!

Agreed, I used LittleMsSam's mod to hire spa people for the spa stuff I added to it and only my sims will use it if I direct them.
    The gym thing bothered me more though because I don't want my sims to be the only ones using the skating rink.

• Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,480 Member
    edited December 2020
    Why of course I built a Mountain Rescue and Research base. First thing I did when I got the pack. It’s been on the gallery for a while:
    Name: Mountain Rescue ‘n Research
    Gallery ID: CPTN_NXR7
    NO CC. NO MOO.

For the brave mountaineers ‘n such. I still haven’t used that hot pot on the table. Been too busy training the lads. 😂
    Note: Rescue dog not included. He just wouldn’t get out of the way while I was taking the real estate shots. Lazy beast.
    There’s also a rec room, a research room, a gym, a shower house and a dog training area. I didn’t include all those images.
    The Front:
    MR-001.jpg
    The Climbing Box:
    MR-003.jpg
    Courtyard with Gym.MR-002.jpg
    Inside The Climbing Box:
    MR-003-01.jpg
    Porch 1:
    MR-004.jpg
    Porch 2:
    MR-005.jpg
    Entrance Hall:
    MR-006.jpg
    Kitchen:
    MR-007.jpg
    Dining: (again, don’t mind the dog)
    MR-008.jpg
    Sleeping Quarters:
    MR-009.jpg

• Options
    Montrase102Montrase102 Posts: 330 Member
    I like the Sumo Beya idea. How do you simulate the training/fighting @Montrase102?

Thats the part where I have to use my imagination. I basically have them work out and spar each other. It would be cool to have wrestling animations.
  • Options
    Oh, I agree, that would be a nice addition. Thank you.
    You could make them angry and then to dance, for the stomping; but yes, we do have little floating pictures of what we imagine, around us, when playing.