May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

50x50 Lot on the Mountain

What are people doing with that empty residential lot on the mountain in Snowy Escape?

I normally don't play on big lots at all. I never know what to do with all that space.

What have you been using it for? Show me what you've got and your ideas for it!

Comments

• Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    I plan to build a house for my family in my main save, but I haven't gotten to it yet - other things I want to do outside of TS4 are preventing me from having the 5-6 hours of straight play I'd need for it.

I'll post it when it's done, but it probably won't be sooner than the next weekend, if that.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 763 Member
    I made the lot a national park. I tweaked one I found on the gallery. It had an ice rink, food stall and some picnic tables. I added a tent area, a sauna area, a fire pit with logs.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,574 Member
    I don't normally play on large Lots, but I did think it would be nice to have one residential on the mountain. I found this one, made by ptamsin and it is not overly large or crowded, which I like, though you could easily add more to it if you feel it's too empty:

11-22-20_1-02-42%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

More pics under the spoiler.
    11-22-20_1-02-58%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

11-22-20_1-03-12%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

11-22-20_1-03-29%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited November 2020
    Good question, and answers. I look forward to more suggestions. I always make the large lots communal places, reserving the small lots for residentials.

I have yet to decide what to do with that lot in the mountain though, as I do not want repetition to the rest of my world, and also to utilize the snowy mountain aspect.

One idea is to make a monastery, with a large temple and court yard. Give it lot assignment residential, and create a large household of unrelated sims to be the monks. Make one famous, to attract the masses, have the lot trait Celebrity Lot. Place some items down to simulate religious life, and have large parties inviting only the criminal sims in the world. I think I see a path for the young Ito girl..
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I think mine will end up being some kind of retreat or temple. I could also see turning it into some sort of hidden palace. I haven't had any hikers yet. I've only recently sent a few vacationers who were getting to grips with skiing & snowboarding so I haven't gotten to that part yet. I have sent them to the onsen and they've used the vending machines.

So, it's early days for me but unless it's a palace or similar, I probably wouldn't make it residential. I won't put a single family home up there, I don't think.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Oh, that is a good idea, of having it be a place of a hidden palace - a bit wrong folklore; but the Snow Queen, Ice Queen from the HC Andersen story or the Narnia Books would be great. All snow-covered, there could be lots of figures, locked in time, representing all the wanderers who dared to enter; a labyrithic garden and a cold, cold castle.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Oh, that is a good idea, of having it be a place of a hidden palace - a bit wrong folklore; but the Snow Queen, Ice Queen from the HC Andersen story or the Narnia Books would be great. All snow-covered, there could be lots of figures, locked in time, representing all the wanderers who dared to enter; a labyrithic garden and a cold, cold castle.

Yep, this is basically what I was thinking. I don't think the folklore is all wrong. I haven't read enough folktales or myths from Japan or the broader region, but I've seen enough to think that it wouldn't be far-fetched in that setting either.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    One I found, the Yuki-Onna, could be made into a ghost; death by frost.. the lot could be made a foresty place, snow-covered thickly placed trees only, no habitat for the weary traveller to rest. Perhaps the wishing well for childless couples to wish for company..
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,500 Member
    I love the temple or monastery ideas! I have a household of Nun-ish Sims who are hiding/protecting a teen with a mystical destiny and they need a more isolated place than Windenburg. Can that lot be residential? I was under the impression it was a special lot.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    I think the OP means the lot to the right of the Onsen on the map, which lot assignment can be changed. The lot at the peak of the Mountain is 20X20, and that cannot be changed, but is locked to 'summit'.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,500 Member
    I think the OP means the lot to the right of the Onsen on the map, which lot assignment can be changed. The lot at the peak of the Mountain is 20X20, and that cannot be changed, but is locked to 'summit'.

Ohh, okay. Thanks for clarifying. I thought that sounded huge for a summit, lol.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Mine became a nightclub. I was wanting a campsite and have the nightclub where the onsen is but as the onsen lot has to be an onsen the nightclub got moved to the 50x50 lot. Oddly it’s one of my more popular mt komorebi lots on the gallery and personally I think it’s not that great a build and I am rubbish building on big lots so it was a challenge for me. It does amuse me what people will download the lots I think are rubbish tend to get more downloads. I usually upload everything I build.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited November 2020
    I found a really nice 50x50 ski lodge on the gallery which fits perfectly

11-22-20-6-47-21-PM.png

I checked and it's called Kiyomatsu Point Ski Lodge by goldengeep on the gallery
  • Options
    .. and that was a very buffy-ish narrative. I like it.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited November 2020
    Some great ideas guys. Thanks, and keep them coming.

I haven't played in the area yet at all. Does that lot get a lot of walk-bys? Or no, because it's at the end with not much beyond it?
  • Options
    j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    I was thinking of making it a ski resort (generic lot type I guess? In Sulani I use the pool lot type) and turning the other rentals into maybe a restaurant or shops or somewhere to use the rock climing wall, and leave residential and rental lots to the other neighborhoods.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,789 Member
    edited November 2020
    I'm pretty sure I'll place a ski lodge there. I haven't even been up there yet as I've been busy building.

Thank you @Onverser for positing the information and pic on the ski lodge. I will definitely check that out. :sunglasses:

I just found a video he posted for this and there are lots of Sims there which answered my question about the foot traffic--nice.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aMBn_YD5IA
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    ImSandsImSands Posts: 333 Member
    I found this amazing Japanese Temple in the Gallery that I added to the 50x50 lot. Its lot type is National Park if I recall.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/F31BCB7027CA11EB8019D434B4652DF6

It uses MOO quite a lot so I ended up modifying it quite a bit to make many of the areas more usable. And combined with LittleMS Sam's Auto Employees mod to make the NPCs show up, I find it works really nice there.

• Options
    It uses the lot trait Ancient Spirits, from IL, that’s a good idea!
    That could be used for the forest as well, and the bug spawner with the blue light and eery sound, from Outdoors Retreat.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,998 Member
    ImSands wrote: »
    I found this amazing Japanese Temple in the Gallery that I added to the 50x50 lot. Its lot type is National Park if I recall.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/F31BCB7027CA11EB8019D434B4652DF6

It uses MOO quite a lot so I ended up modifying it quite a bit to make many of the areas more usable. And combined with LittleMS Sam's Auto Employees mod to make the NPCs show up, I find it works really nice there.

@ImSands did they bring back the app for phones to look at gallery builds?
  • Options
    ImSandsImSands Posts: 333 Member
    @SheriSim57 I don't know. I'm on a computer.
    @Auroraskies I really liked that as well, using the Island spirits trait. I kept that. I also added the wishing well. I'm still tinkering with the lot to see what else I might add or modify.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,545 Member
    I need a large rental for six sims or more, so I copied the Ito house and added more bedrooms.
    11_23_20_12_47_57_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

11_23_20_12_48_13_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    This is what I built, inspired by Himeji Castle in Japan. I'm still working on it, but I will be sharing it to the gallery after I've playtested it... probably in a few days. My gallery ID is also babajayne.

gq6blfS.png

ArDtceG.png
  • Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    I found a lovely restaurant in the Gallery and placed that, it works nicely, but I might eventually find a smaller restaurant to use in one of the not snowy neighborhoods and turn the 50x50 into a luxury rental.

I really dislike how few lots are available in the snowy area, or really how few lots are available in general.
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    ^I've had to clear a few lots just to build houses for family members that have grown up and moved out their parents homes.

Anyway, I'm going to move one of my family members there.