Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires and Doors

I was just wondering is there away to keep your door(s) unlocked and vampires out? Or do you have to keep your doors locked to keep them out? I'm asking cause its getting annoying having to unlock when I have people over and lock up agian when they leave so that vampire guy doesn't come drink my sims. I was just wondering is there a way to prevent that with an unlocked door or do I need to keep my doors locked? ;);)

Comments

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I think the no trespassing option maybe works to keep them away.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Hang garlic braid in front of the door.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I know there is a lot trait to prevent unwanted guests and the garlic works wonders.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    TantalusTantalus Posts: 200 Member
    edited December 2020
    There is a specific door option to dont allow vampires into your home. You dont need to lock the door. In fact, locking the door in this game is one of the worst things you could do, unless you have an isolated sim of course. Locking doors cause more problems and inconvenients than anything else. Mostly because the locking door mechanic is completely dumb and pointless.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,695 Member
    edited December 2020
    I'm not sure whether this depends on what packs are installed (I have EPs & GPs but a couple), but I got the Vampire pack couple months ago, and no vampire has ever walked into any house uninvited. I was a bit worried when Vlad showed up st the Free Will Show house (a video series of mine where all contenders go by free will), but he only politely knocked on their door, waited outside for maybe an hour, and then left. I just recorded a new episode and he showed up again, he seemed to gain a certain contact with one of the contenders, but never entered the house and eventually he left. The door is not locked, and thee is no sign on the lot to keep him away (I assume that is what the no trespassing is about?).
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    There is a mod to keep vampires away.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Again, you dont need any mod lol. THERE IS AN OPTION when you click in the interact option of any door that keeps vampires out. And it works, it has always worked (must be one of the few things that actually work in this game) at least for me in the past two years.

And yes vampires and Vlad will show up (they have done so in every single sim household i play) but if you use that option, they cant enter your house. They will wait and leave.
  • Options
    Tantalus wrote: »
    Again, you dont need any mod lol. THERE IS AN OPTION when you click in the interact option of any door that keeps vampires out. And it works, it has always worked (must be one of the few things that actually work in this game) at least for me in the past two years.

And yes vampires and Vlad will show up (they have done so in every single sim household i play) but if you use that option, they cant enter your house. They will wait and leave.

Does it say specifically "lock out vampires" ?
  • Options
    edited December 2020

It doesnt say "lock". It says "unauthorize" that it is, in the case of vampires, basically the same. But yes, it says "vampires".
  • Options
    Tantalus wrote: »

Yes, it does.

I'll have to look very closely for that, because then I can not use any mods, as that was the only one I was using. Thanks
  • Options
    I think that option only shows on main doors. I dont know if vampires will use other doors to enter even if they are not authorized to get inside, but it never happened to me these two years ive been playing.
  • Options
    Btw: If you don't succeed in keeping them out, you could perhaps access their household and check each vampire's vamp traits. I think there is one that allows them to access locked houses (don't recall the exact spelling) - turning this trait off might be of some help. I think only a few vamps have this trait by default. Probably Vlad and the Valtore siblings.
  • Options
    Btw: If you don't succeed in keeping them out, you could perhaps access their household and check each vampire's vamp traits. I think there is one that allows them to access locked houses (don't recall the exact spelling) - turning this trait off might be of some help. I think only a few vamps have this trait by default. Probably Vlad and the Valtore siblings.

Well maybe I will still use my mod, just to be on the safe side.
  • Options
    I dont recommend using mods when you dont have to. Specially if they are script mods. Also, specially these days that the game is a bug forest.
  • Options
    the last time I didn't have that mod turned on I had to go back in time to save my Sim.
  • Options
    HoneydewHoneydew Posts: 520 Member
    So when you talk about garlic are you talking about the garlic that you have to grow in aa garden or is there some kind of garlic already hang or put somewhere and if so where would you find something like that?
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,145 Member
    There's a No Trespassing option on the front door of the house that disallows Vampires. It's part of the actual Sims 4 game.
  • Options
    Honeydew wrote: »
    So when you talk about garlic are you talking about the garlic that you have to grow in aa garden or is there some kind of garlic already hang or put somewhere and if so where would you find something like that?

Garlic plants came with the Vamp pack. They grow in the wild, but you can (probably) also buy seeds. If you read up on Vampire Lore I think you get a garlic reaching one of the first levels. Sims at a certain level of the Lore (I think lvl 5 or 6) can craft garlic decors that can be hang on the wall and that will keep vampires at distance. With the game, one of the houses is filled with garlic decor, so if you don't want the time an work crafting them, you could probably move a sim in there, filling their inventory and move to their right address. I assume the garlic products can be stored in a sim's inventory. Humans will not react to garlic, but when playing a vamp you will see a cloud surrounding the garlics, looking rather discusting.
  • Options
    sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    edited December 2020
    @Honeydew Both! Your sim can craft garlic braids/wreath to hang on the wall if they have 2 or more garlics in their inventory or simply plant them like a garden plant. The garlic braid and wreath is linked to the Vampire lore skill. But you can find them under the Wall Decorations in build mode with the show hidden objects cheat. I find its just easier just to plant garlic though. Its funny watching poor Vlad's reaction. He usually throws up and flies off in disgust lol
  • Options
    LCREYLCREY Posts: 6 New Member
    Sorry this is slightly off topic. Are there any mods to make the vampire's powers work every time?