Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SOMEBODY TO LOVE ~ BACHELOR IN PARADISE- ON HIATUS

Comments

• Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @pammiechick - Glad you enjoyed the chapter
    and luck was with them to see Dolphina. I was happy about that part, too :)
  • Options
    IrishsongIrishsong Posts: 1,754 Member
    I thought when Brianna said 'truly, madly, deeply' it was a star wars reference, but then my brain always goes to star wars.
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @SoulGal7

So cool you do research like that for this challenge. I admire that! And I respect Rick's decision to wait. Very admirable of him. He's a great guy! I didn't know the rules allowed woohoo when only two were left. Very interesting, thanks for the info.!
    It was a very big step, yes. Brianna is very lucky she got to meet Rick's 'family.' I think you're right about Rick being undecided and not sure who he really loves the most yet. Soon though...
  • Options
    ItsYukiMeItsYukiMe Posts: 71 Member
    @SoulGal7 Loved the last two chapters! I may have said this before but I love how you put so much personality into the Sims! It really feels like they've had personalities this entire time (With Snowy Escape just releasing lifestyles/sentiments) it feels like you've done that so well already!
    I cannot believe that Nami somehow found herself on fire AGAIN lol. I'm thinking her clumsiness has something to do with it, poor Nami :D
  • Options
    @Karababy52 - Ahhh, thanks for the compliment. Sometimes the research comes naturally because I am just curious about stuff. lol I have grown quite attached to these last 6 contestants and Rick.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    ItsYukiMe wrote: »
    @SoulGal7 Loved the last two chapters! I may have said this before but I love how you put so much personality into the Sims! It really feels like they've had personalities this entire time (With Snowy Escape just releasing lifestyles/sentiments) it feels like you've done that so well already!
    I cannot believe that Nami somehow found herself on fire AGAIN lol. I'm thinking her clumsiness has something to do with it, poor Nami :D

@ItsYukiMe - Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Yes, poor Nami and those toddlers! lol At least Nami didn't set herself on fire like Katrina did! And it just cracked me up that after she burned the kitchen to a crisp, she decided to make popcorn. Like, here toddlers, have some popcorn...it's healthy...it's made from corn...so yeah, eat up! And Father Winter and that expression after seeing the house. Nami did have a rough night for sure. All of these contestants seem to have developed their own little personalities. That's why I so love them all :)
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • Options
    @SoulGal7
    So will all the Solo Date-A-Thon dates be going to Rick's home? That's a great idea. :) Regardless, another great date with Raven! Loved the story you told about the waterfall! Fun they literally had to fish for their dinner. I like that! :) Of course, the romantic kiss in the water was my favorite part. ;)

Great chapter! Looking forward to reading how the rest of the Solo Date-A-Thons dates turn out too! <3
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    That was a pretty clever waterfall story and a wonderful date between Rick & Raven. Glad there was no food poisoning on this one.
  • Options
    @Karababy52 - Thanks so much for reading and commenting.
    Yes, Rick will be bringing all of the contestants to his island home and to give their input into his beach house. So, even though there will only be one, in the end, there will be reminders of the last 6 when he builds his house. I already have a beach house picked out and am testing it. I know that normally the Bachelor Challenge starts with 7 contestants, but we have had a long haul on this one, and so these final 6 are very important. I really love that water kiss myself and the animation associated with it. And I thought it would be funny to have them literally fish for their dinner. lol
  • Options
    @VanPelt81 -Thank you for reading and commenting :)
    Thank you for your compliment on my legend story. As mentioned, I kind of got some ideas from other waterfall legends, but had to incorporate some sims 4 "what if" factors. I thought they had a wonderful date, too, and are now Soulmates! Woot! And Raven was sort of the"test subject" for the new sentiments, and now they are deeply connected, which is so sweet. I only had the winner of the Solo Date Challenge go on a full day date. All of the other dates are limited to 1/2 day, where you can only do so much. But, yes, thank goodness, no food poisoning on their date.
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    One word for this date: HOT! :tongue:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    @SoulGal7
    Another great date! Octavia sure is a beautiful Sim, eh? I love redheads. :) And I love all the faces she pulled in this chapter. :D She finally got that first kiss too. Interesting that she's now smitten, but they're still just considered acquaintances. I'm not surprised she got flirty almost instantly, who wouldn't be around our handsome hunk? I think if she did only have an agenda to win his heart just to put another notch on her belt, she doesn't now. I believe she's actually got real feelings for him and though she won't come right out and say it, yet, she's fallen truly in love with him. :)

Still waiting on pins and needles for Coral's date with Rick. I so hope it goes really well! I wouldn't be opposed to a Mermaid's kiss in the water between them, but I'm guessing that can't happen because it would be considered an advantage over others. But, that doesn't mean they can't have a 'regular' kiss in the water, or elsewhere! 🤞

EDIT:
    Oh, forgot to reply to your reply. That's great you've already picked out a house for Rick and whomever wins the competition. I love that it'll incorporate a little piece in it's design based on each contestant's suggestions. You put so much thought and meaning into this challenge, I love that! <3
  • Options
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    @SoulGal7
    Another great date! Octavia sure is a beautiful Sim, eh? I love redheads. :) And I love all the faces she pulled in this chapter. :D She finally got that first kiss too. Interesting that she's now smitten, but they're still just considered acquaintances. I'm not surprised she got flirty almost instantly, who wouldn't be around our handsome hunk? I think if she did only have an agenda to win his heart just to put another notch on her belt, she doesn't now. I believe she's actually got real feelings for him and though she won't come right out and say it, yet, she's fallen truly in love with him. :)

Still waiting on pins and needles for Coral's date with Rick. I so hope it goes really well! I wouldn't be opposed to a Mermaid's kiss in the water between them, but I'm guessing that can't happen because it would be considered an advantage over others. But, that doesn't mean they can't have a 'regular' kiss in the water, or elsewhere! 🤞

EDIT:
    Oh, forgot to reply to your reply. That's great you've already picked out a house for Rick and whomever wins the competition. I love that it'll incorporate a little piece in it's design based on each contestant's suggestions. You put so much thought and meaning into this challenge, I love that! <3

@Karababy52 - Isn't it so great that they have sentiments now!
    I agree with you on Octavia. She is totally "into" Rick. Sentiments are even better than the romance milestones...romantic interest, etc. because I think they really show a relationship between the two sims. Plus, for some reason, Octavia's relationship with Rick is glitched, stuck on Acquaintances. I think that Octavia is a bit shocked with her feelings for Rick, because she's had so many bad relationships in the past, and perhaps she can't believe this is really happening. I do believe she has true feelings for Rick. And wonderful that you caught that bit about the house plans and how these contestants are helping Rick with various parts of the house. As for Coral's date...shhh...it's a surprise! lol
  • Options
    @pammiechick - For sure, Rick's date with Octavia is hot, hot, hot! lol
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited November 2020
    Such a fun date!

And an unlikely couple...a mermaid and an angling ace? But love can conquer all. Lol
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Koal96Koal96 Posts: 16 New Member
    Octavia looks so cute, def going to download her
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Koal96 wrote: »
    Octavia looks so cute, def going to download her

@Koal96 - You can find Octavia on the gallery. Origin ID is Reiylaa made by @SummerStreak here on the forums. Octavia is quite the character. Have fun!
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    @PrincessNevaMor5, @pammiechick, @Blaze_Bard, @Nerdfashion, @Irishsong, @HillyBeth, @VanPelt81, @ItsYukiMe, @SummerStreak, @Eliveva, @aussiekarima, @Scarlly29, @kittymeow, @lisabee2, @Tirananiel, @Karababy52, @GGgkkg @AdamsEve1231@Glimmer50 @MonaSolstraale @LegacySims2017

Hi everyone! I just wanted to thank everyone for sticking with me for this challenge. There are 2 more dates to go, and then there is a Reader Elimination Vote, where 3 contestants will be heading home. I figure that this should all be wrapped up with the Finale at the end of January. Sorry, can't do it any sooner with the holidays approaching. But that means, that when they head off on their overnight get-aways, I will have the Snowy Escape Pack (I'm getting it for Christmas). Woot! So, the final 3 contestants will have get-aways with Rick, with one heading to Granite Falls, one to Selvadorada and one to Mt. Komorebi. I am pretty excited about that. :)
  • Options
    @SoulGal7

Yes! I haven't seen very many in my game play yet, but the ones my Sims have had all made sense. Love them! <3
    Bummer Octavia's relationship for Rick is stuck like that, there's no way they're just acquaintances after that date. ;) One of the things I love the most about the sentiments is that both Sims that get them don't always have the same one from their actions together. Much more realistic than how I had feared they would work.
    Great date with Naomi! I love that Research Center, all the art and sculptures are beautiful! The creators did a fantastic job with them. Very cool that someone got a pic of Dolphina, eh? ;) Happy for Naomi she finally got a kiss from Rick too! I can see how a relationship with a fisherman and a Mermaid could work, opposites attract, right? :) Naomi's Mermaid form is gorgeousl!

Of course I've stuck with you, I would've even if Coral wasn't in this competition. I love this story you've created for everyone and, of course, you already know how I feel about your talent for writing. It makes sense to have a break during the holidays, busy time for everyone! The overnight dates sound like they'll be lots of fun for you to write and for the contestants! I hope Coral makes it that far and if she does, excited to find out which vacation world she'll visit with Rick! \o/ <3
  • Options
    @Karababy52 - Thanks so much for reading and always making some wonderful and thoughtful comments. During their 1/2 day together - and I really have to watch the time here when they have it - I am always kind of excited when something pops up and says a new sentiment was gained. I know that with the Snowy Escape pack there are even more sentiments, so that, too is kind of exciting. Or maybe the three last contestants will all go to Mt. Komorebi, but do different things, like hiking, rock climbing or skiing/snowboarding. Not sure as yet. Then, they would all get some new sentiments (maybe) lol. It is another beautiful world and I can't wait to test it out when I get it.
    It's funny that during Octavia's date, Rick did have the whim to have "First Kiss" with Octavia, but with Naomi, he only had "kiss someone". Heck, Rick has some reward traits that I got for him, and one is Great Kisser, so no wonder all these sims look like they are "in heaven" when they kiss Rick. lol
  • Options
    @SoulGal7 It's my pleasure! :) I think I need to get my Sim(s) out more. :D Hard to get any sentiments toward other Sims when they're mostly homebodies with their noses glued to the grindstone. She'll get out more soon though, most of the quests left in the challenge I'm doing at the moment involve interaction with other Sims and not so skill based. I'm excited to see what kind of sentiments she might get, I guess there's over 50 just added to the base game.

Anyway, sending them all to Mt. Komorebi, but doing different activities sounds like a fun idea! The world in that pack looks so beautiful with so many opportunities for romantic (the floating lights on the river during a festival come to mind) and action screenshots. Plus, in the town below the mountain, Sims can swim in a lake if they want to or need to *cough* Mermaids *cough* do it. ;) Just in case some of the finalists or at least a certain one (lol) happens to be a finalist. 🤞 I'm hoping Santa brings me a copy of the pack too!
    Huh, that's very interesting considering the fact he was just, and remains, 'acquaintances' with Octavia, but is 'Lovebirds' with Naomi. You'd think his whims would've been the other way around eh? I have never used that reward trait, which is surprising since I love romance. I wondered why I'd never seen that half-hooded eye animation I saw on the three ladies in previous solo dates (Coral, Brianna, Raven) just before Rick kissed them. They did look like they were about to experience something heavenly. Now I know why! Well, the fact they all love him and he's incredibly gorgeous probably helped as well. <3
  • Options
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    @SoulGal7 It's my pleasure! :) I think I need to get my Sim(s) out more. :D Hard to get any sentiments toward other Sims when they're mostly homebodies with their noses glued to the grindstone. She'll get out more soon though, most of the quests left in the challenge I'm doing at the moment involve interaction with other Sims and not so skill based. I'm excited to see what kind of sentiments she might get, I guess there's over 50 just added to the base game.

Anyway, sending them all to Mt. Komorebi, but doing different activities sounds like a fun idea! The world in that pack looks so beautiful with so many opportunities for romantic (the floating lights on the river during a festival come to mind) and action screenshots. Plus, in the town below the mountain, Sims can swim in a lake if they want to or need to *cough* Mermaids *cough* do it. ;) Just in case some of the finalists or at least a certain one (lol) happens to be a finalist. 🤞 I'm hoping Santa brings me a copy of the pack too!
    Huh, that's very interesting considering the fact he was just, and remains, 'acquaintances' with Octavia, but is 'Lovebirds' with Naomi. You'd think his whims would've been the other way around eh? I have never used that reward trait, which is surprising since I love romance. I wondered why I'd never seen that half-hooded eye animation I saw on the three ladies in previous solo dates (Coral, Brianna, Raven) just before Rick kissed them. They did look like they were about to experience something heavenly. Now I know why! Well, the fact they all love him and he's incredibly gorgeous probably helped as well. <3

@Karababy52
    Yes, as mentioned, there is a glitch with Rick and Octavia's relationship, and I have done everything to try to fix it, but it just won't go up from Acquaintances, even though they are fully green in friends and pretty much the same with romance. Plus, if they were acquaintances, Rick wouldn't have been able to kiss her and she would have just rejected it. It's just some weird glitch & I just have to put up with it. Thinking about the new pack now, I think the last 3 might all go there on their overnight date, because I wouldn't want just one sim to get the extra sentiments and not the others. Trying to make things as fair as possible. There are so many gorgeous builds for Mt. Komorebi right now on the gallery, so they could probably stay at different chalets. I just don't want to be repetitive and that's why I was thinking of 3 different locations. Plus, I do love Selvadorada and Granite Falls. Still thinking about it and once I actually get the pack, will test it out. Love that there is swimming in a lake there for *cough* mermaids! lol