Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Name A Pack You Couldn’t Play Without Mods

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    I absolutely need NAPS tamed by mods. Also... Base Game I guess since I use mod to overhaul whims, Meaningfull Stories and mod to get rid of idle chat.
    As for others it depends on current bugs presented. Sometimes until devs fix something from their end you just need to use mods to make the game playable. Especially in it's current state.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    edited November 2020
    Base game. :p

Seriously though, tough call. I suppose it is playable without any mods or CC. I sometimes start playing after a patch that disables mods, or after I have uploaded something to the gallery. Personally, it feels like being in the stone ages or something. Though the graphics are still good. It was seeing some mods on youtube videos that got me interested in buying the game in the first place.
    Don't get me wrong, this game is awesome and the packs are too.

Since I haven't had much time or energy to play much last couple months, I've mostly been creating or modifying items in Studio. Adding more colours and swatches to clothing is my new thing. I started out making paintings, decals, posters. Dabbled a little with doors and rugs.

Haven't done meshes yet. It's complicated.

As for the scripted mods, that's still beyond me, though I would like to learn how to do something simple like reticulating splines...
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited November 2020
    I definitely don't feel like I need mods to play with any of the packs. That being said, I do find that some of the behaviors associated with the packs have to be modded out, like vampire growling or mermaid cooing and the dreaded react in disgust thing that famous people do. MCCC is really the only mod I consider essential for all packs. But you can do a lot of the things it does manually without mods. I have a No Cheat save where I play without cheats or mods on. I have a lot of fun with that save for different reasons than my other saves but I still do have fun with it.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    I'm sorry but...... there's none lol. I need a mod for every single pack
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    The only one I can think of for a pack is ECO Living. I barely got it, just the other day. I immediately set it to the minimum in settings. However, if it causes problems on every world, I may disable NAPs with a mod. Haven't had a chance to even play the world itself yet.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I’m considering buying some add-on packs for console and I’m worried because we can’t use mods that I’ll run into some unfixable and frustrating issues.

Can you name any packs that would be totally unbearable for you to play if you couldn’t use any mods to fix the issues or make tweaks?

The only pack that totally broke my game was Eco Living and they have a toggle to turn off NAPs so that was solved in game. You don't need mods to play this game.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I don’t use mods, so I guess there isn’t one..... lol
  • Options
    kiwicronekiwicrone Posts: 30 Member
    Never use mods and don't download CC content in the sims 4. I am happy with it overall. I do use mods in sims 3.
  • Options
    YunaYuna Posts: 231 Member
    for me every pack needed mods... even base game.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    All my add-ons enhance Packs

Realm of Magic
    Custom Spells
    add Seasons and Weather Spell
    add Vampire Spell
    add Potions Rename
    add Spells rename
    Add Upgrade Enchantments
    Add Children can do Magic
    Herbalism can be done at Cauldon
    Add Forbidden Magic Spells - Cast a Plague (GtW), Drain Life Force (Vampires), Bee Swarm (Seasons)

Vampires
    Eternal Night in Forgotten Hollow
    Plasma 2 Blood Mod

Added More Build Content (particularly for Doors, Windows, Light Fixtures for different Room Height Levels):
    Romantic Garden, Vintage Glamour, Dine Out, Pets, Seasons, Get together.
    Liberated Debug Objects for all owned Packs

Get Together
    More Group Icons

Seasons
    More Holiday Traditions
    More Holiday Icons

Those would be my basic mods that make the Game more fun. I'm still looking fore More mods that add more spells.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Jess_KimbaJess_Kimba Posts: 20 Member
    All of them.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    It's a weird feeling reading this thread when I play complete vanilla game.
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Nearly all the packs. I guess majority of SPs are fine without mods but the rest introduce at least one thing that gets on my nerves. Some worse than others.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    edited November 2020
    All of them, except Vampires, strangely, but City Living may be the worst with the way Seasons interferes with the festivals, luckily there is that mod by Bienchen83 that makes it sunny and clear when there is a festival.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    TantalusTantalus Posts: 200 Member
    Thats easy lol. Life Eco Style, of course. Worst addition to the game, ever. Because it doesnt work at all. So before the last patches i always used the eco life style behaviour fixer, now im not using it, since i dont know if it is still compatible. I see my sims doing weird stuff all the time, getting stuck all the time, devs still didnt fix sims washing dishes, or using the dish washer, sims keep using tables that are a mile from them to lay down empty plates when they have one shiny table in front of them, and so on. Also, sims constantly trying to do pushups or drinking water, still not fixed after all this time. Really tired of this game and its numerous ignored bugs. Eco life style could be great, but devs refuse to fix it. Like the majority of the game, unfortunately.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Tantalus wrote: »
    Thats easy lol. Life Eco Style, of course. Worst addition to the game, ever. Because it doesnt work at all. So before the last patches i always used the eco life style behaviour fixer, now im not using it, since i dont know if it is still compatible. I see my sims doing weird stuff all the time, getting stuck all the time, devs still didnt fix sims washing dishes, or using the dish washer, sims keep using tables that are a mile from them to lay down empty plates when they have one shiny table in front of them, and so on. Also, sims constantly trying to do pushups or drinking water, still not fixed after all this time. Really tired of this game and its numerous ignored bugs. Eco life style could be great, but devs refuse to fix it. Like the majority of the game, unfortunately.

I was wondering about that. I recently bought Eco, Star Wars, and Knitting in a bundle. I had a Sim in a San Myshuno apartment go all the way to the opposite end of the floor to prepare cooking in the bowl on the bathroom counter, then all the ways back to the kitchen to put it in the stove. I checked the kitchen counters, there was plenty of spots available there. I wonder it that's an "ECO" bug?

If Eco Living is so full of bugs, I may actually disable it from my game if there are no good mod fixes, which is unfortunate since it seems to have alot of cool stuff in it.

Probably the major skintone patch that EA is working on is taking up most of the time instead of fixing bugs. I wonder how "bugged" that skintone patch will be when released, heh!
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png