Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The patch to fix the patch borked my game (Nov 17)

Comments

• Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    my game shut down I suppose because the update was waiting to download. which it did. I can play the game because i have the sims icon on my desktop, but I cant play it through Origin, origin wont load.
  • Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Open Origin by clicking on the Origin icon, not the game. Click on the word Origin in the upper left. Select play offline. Exit Origin, disconnect from the internet and then start the game. You should be good to go.
  • Options
    Vines12Vines12 Posts: 100 Member
    when i open a sims profile it doesnt open it just plays the music, also when it does open it doesnt show the family relationship such as father or sister just says friend :/
  • Options
    KJeeKJee Posts: 2 New Member
    Game was working fine until today's patch - I can't load exiting games - it just plumbob spins forever. When starting a new game when I get to "Select a World to Move Into" - there are no worlds to select :-(
  • Options
    KJeeKJee Posts: 2 New Member
    > @KJee said:
    > Game was working fine until today's patch - I can't load exiting games - it just plumbob spins forever. When starting a new game when I get to "Select a World to Move Into" - there are no worlds to select :-(

Repair game has fixed loading game
  • Options
    BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 638 Member
    So I got the patch to fix the game which did fix the issue with the game crashing but now the game is super slow; my sims don't respond when I tell them to eat or go do something. They just stand there, almost frozen, but the time is still going. It's also slow to switch between simmies in a household. Their reactions/moodlets are also slow to register. I had my sim play video games (because her fun was low), then she went to eat. After she got off the video game, her moodlet was white (fine). While she's eating, her aura was purple for focused. When I check the moodlet, it says she was focused from a good gaming session but she was actively eating and should have had that moodlet earlier. It's weird, I didn't have these problems prior to the hot fix patch today.
  • Options
    smurf45bluesmurf45blue Posts: 39 Member
    it fixed my lagging in game that all i had to happen in the the game this new patch just came out tonight fixed my game
  • Options
    CarimeAnn_22CarimeAnn_22 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @ShuffleJ said:
    > RESOLVED: Repair Game in the Origin Sims 4 game settings got me to the map. Hopefully that was the last of the problems.

This worked for me! Game is still loading slow and is a little glitchy, but it's not stuck in the loading screen any more.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited November 2020
    EdithV wrote: »
    How do you avoid the update? When I open origin it’ll update automatically is there a way to stop this?

Don't worry about avoiding the update. If you hit the loading screen problem after the update, repair the game in Origin.

I would prefer to avoid it for now, is there a way?
    Don't know if you can skip the update. But I wouldn't recommend doing so do to performance reasons. Plus I wouldn't recommend skipping if you plan to buy any future packs for the game. Since you'll need all updates in order to play any future packs for the game.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited November 2020
    Will there be any followup patch for this infinite loading issue and slow performance?
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    This time I was lucky and the patch worked well for me.
  • Options
    izecson wrote: »
    Will there be any followup patch for this infinite loading issue and slow performance?
    I'm sure there will be at some point in time. These things take time because there's a lot of data to search through. Finding the cause of one bug in The Sims is like looking for a needle in a haystack.
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,184 Member
    I'm hearing that a lot of people on Twitter are experiencing the same issue. This is insane. I don't understand why there are so many issues coming from these updates.

Little song that people who work on programming like to sing. "99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs. Take one down, patch it out. 138 little bugs in the code." Face it people, you want EA to keep adding more and more stuff onto one single game you're going to have bugs like this all the time.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Reading quickly through Answers HQ, some players suggest that the new problems can be fixed by adjusting Sophos Antivirus. My Norton stayed calm this time.
  • Options
    I'm hearing that a lot of people on Twitter are experiencing the same issue. This is insane. I don't understand why there are so many issues coming from these updates.

Little song that people who work on programming like to sing. "99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs. Take one down, patch it out. 138 little bugs in the code." Face it people, you want EA to keep adding more and more stuff onto one single game you're going to have bugs like this all the time.
    This is very true. And is why I had called for compressing some of the larger files in order to make the game run smoother. Conan Exiles by Funcom is also having the same problems as Sims 4 is having. Conan Exiles is a sandbox game just like The Sims is. The more that Funcom adds to Conan Exiles, the more unstable the game becomes and more and more bugs get piled onto it. Now thankfully the team at Funcon has caught onto this problem and is already compressing those larger files to make Conan Exiles more stable and run smoother and faster.
    I love the song: 99 little bugs in the code. That was good! :)
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    I'm glad that I haven't experienced any major issues with either patch. The only issue that I am having is that my when I go to my save to load one up they take a little longer to load up but I can live with that.
  • Options
    VentusMatt wrote: »
    I'm glad that I haven't experienced any major issues with either patch. The only issue that I am having is that my when I go to my save to load one up they take a little longer to load up but I can live with that.
    The slowing of the game when it comes to loading is largely do to the amount of stuff that's been added to the game. This is primarily to do with the platform. The more stuff that's added to the game, the longer it takes for the platform to find it all and load it. Hence the longer load time.
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,970 Member
    Since the patch last week caused the crashing issue, which only happened once for me, I haven’t played the game and was waiting for a hot fix. Thankfully this seems to be OK. I haven’t usually had issues after patches, seems like last week was the exception *sigh*.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I'm happy to say the patch to the patch seems to have fixed the crashing problem I was having yesterday. I played for a few hours today and didn't have any problems.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I had no issues with the patch today. I backed up my game before installing it though just in case.
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    How do you avoid the update? When I open origin it’ll update automatically is there a way to stop this?

Don't worry about avoiding the update. If you hit the loading screen problem after the update, repair the game in Origin.

You go into settings in Origin and turn off the auto update there, its a little bit down the screen. I have mine turned off
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,658 Member
    edited November 2020
    Colorist40 wrote: »

You could play in offline mode

If I turn off my computer WiFi will that allow me to open origin without the patch updating

Go into origin, settings on the left and scroll down to go off line. That's how I've been avoiding the patch update for now. You don't have to physically turn off your whole wifi.
    And like smurfy77 above said, make sure you have automatic updates turned off.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Thanks to everyone who helped! I will update I just want to skip it for a few days
  • Options
    BioconneterBioconneter Posts: 2 New Member
    Have a look at this list of Sims4 bugs and problems, including recent censorship incident.
    It is best to read this in PC because there are too many images.

https://codeberg.org/thesims/sims4-problems

Please consider sharing this website if you think it is useful.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Same boat Too. my game was working fine before.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif