Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We don't need Sims 5

1789101113...Next

Comments

• Options
    QuinnikoliteQuinnikolite Posts: 14 New Member
    > @PeculiarPlumbob said:
    > I'm just afraid that S5 will be another disappointment... I'm also not looking forward to having to wait another 4 years for seasons and other typical expansions. Although, I also don't want them to put out the basic packs first because then we will look back at them years later and see the ''Luxury Party Stuff Effect'' where we realize that the pack didn't really have anything in it.

Same here. I'm hoping Paralives will come out sooner than Sims 5 though, because then EA will have to try to compete if they don't want to completely go under.

But sadly, given the disaster of Sims 4 (I played it for about a week before going right back to Sims 3 for the last year and a half), I am more inclined to give Paralives a try before the Sims anymore (they completely broke my trust!), so Sims 5 better come hard!
  • Options
    DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    > @PeculiarPlumbob said:
    > I'm just afraid that S5 will be another disappointment... I'm also not looking forward to having to wait another 4 years for seasons and other typical expansions. Although, I also don't want them to put out the basic packs first because then we will look back at them years later and see the ''Luxury Party Stuff Effect'' where we realize that the pack didn't really have anything in it.

Same here. I'm hoping Paralives will come out sooner than Sims 5 though, because then EA will have to try to compete if they don't want to completely go under.

But sadly, given the disaster of Sims 4 (I played it for about a week before going right back to Sims 3 for the last year and a half), I am more inclined to give Paralives a try before the Sims anymore (they completely broke my trust!), so Sims 5 better come hard!

mehh if Paralives surpasses the Sims which shouldn't be difficult if the developers of Paralives actually put effort in it since EA is king at making half finished beta games at best while they throw their effort at devising ways to put lootboxes and ingame microtransactions in EA will simply pull the plug killing the series entirely or just continue their ways as long as enough people still dish out the $$$ to make it profitable
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    mehh if Paralives surpasses the Sims

Paralives does indeed seem to have some pretty awesome features. However, the thing that I really don't like about it is the appearance of the characters themselves. I think the Sims in TS4 have a much better appearance. That's just my opinion though.

• Options
    OmairaOmaira Posts: 666 Member
    If you gave the current team the TS2 engine to work with and told them to make a completely new game experience from the ground up, could they match what the TS2 team did?

They do seem intent lately on a cycle of discarding players who are no longer profitable, and searching for a new, more usable batch every time their product fails to enrapture the masses enough.

Even P.T. Barnum ran out of them eventually.

"Discarding players who are not longer profitable?"
    Well I might have become one of those players as what they are selling is not "value for money", so I am not buying it. Here is a challenge for "The Team": give me something worth it and I will buy it!
    I bought everything, yes EVERYTHING from the sims 3, the first sims game I played and still playing! I did not even waited for it to go on sale I bought it on the release day, full price, even the Katie Perry and Movie Stuff which I never installed but are there in pristine condition in their respective boxes, and all of the Store Content despite the fact that a lot of it is not installed in my game, all the worlds.
    All of it mostly premium content.
    If EA were to offer me five times the amount of money I spent on the sims 3 I would decline their offer, I would not sell this game for anything, yet I would part with the sims 4 now, this very minute, as a matter of fact I do want my money back! This game is broken beyond repairs! it's a write off, I only have the base game and 11 packs all in all, all bought on the sales so....please EA, offer me a refund, I'll take it.
    I have bought The Sims 2 Super Edition for Mac on the Apple Store site for £28.99 (worth every penny!) So yes.. keep discarding unprofitable players like me, you hear me? then LISTEN, please.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Omaira wrote: »
    If you gave the current team the TS2 engine to work with and told them to make a completely new game experience from the ground up, could they match what the TS2 team did?

They do seem intent lately on a cycle of discarding players who are no longer profitable, and searching for a new, more usable batch every time their product fails to enrapture the masses enough.

"Discarding players who are not longer profitable?"
    Well I might have become one of those players as what they are selling is not "value for money", so I am not buying it. Here is a challenge for "The Team": give me something worth it and I will buy it!
    I bought everything, yes EVERYTHING from the sims 3, the first sims game I played and still playing! I did not even waited for it to go on sale I bought it on the release day, full price, even the Katie Perry and Movie Stuff which I never installed but are there in pristine condition in their respective boxes, and all of the Store Content despite the fact that a lot of it is not installed in my game, all the worlds.
    All of it mostly premium content.
    If EA were to offer me five times the amount of money I spent on the sims 3 I would decline their offer, I would not sell this game for anything, yet I would part with the sims 4 now, this very minute, as a matter of fact I do want my money back! This game is broken beyond repairs! it's a write off, I only have the base game and 11 packs all in all, all bought on the sales so....please EA, offer me a refund, I'll take it.
    I have bought The Sims 2 Super Edition for Mac on the Apple Store site for £28.99 (worth every penny!) So yes.. keep discarding unprofitable players like me, you hear me? then LISTEN, please.

If you have a Mac you might be interested in this.....

https://simscommunity.info/2020/10/21/the-sims-3-mac-64bit-version-has-started-rolling-out-on-origin/

Apparently we poor Windows users have to still put up with the old 32bit version.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited October 2020
    rjssim wrote: »

Paralives does indeed seem to have some pretty awesome features. However, the thing that I really don't like about it is the appearance of the characters themselves. I think the Sims in TS4 have a much better appearance. That's just my opinion though.

Yeah, right now that's my biggest issue with that game. I guess I'm a visual snob, not only do I want a fulfilling game with beautiful graphics, but I also need characters with semi-decent aesthetics too since you're looking at them the entire time you're playing. And, right now they look like a 2D comic book. But, I did read on Twitter that they just hired a new team member who will be working to improve the Parafolks, so hopefully that helps.
  • Options
    @Simburian, thank you so much for the link, I do have a Mac partitioned to Windows as the game never played well on Mac. But I am very interested on this news to convert it to 64 bit. I had read something would be happening but I did not know when.
    As the game is installed on the Windows side I suppose it will not affect me as to having to uninstall it or not as this 64 bit version will go into the Mac.
    The sims 2 version is on the Mac side and going well, it was released by Aspyr, I think.
    Mac users have always complained about the game not liking Mac or vice versa, so I know how you feel about just being released for Mac on 64 bit and not Windows. I sure hope they sort this soon as a lot more people use Windows, and the game will be so much better too!
    This would also keep a lot of people happy, and we do need some happiness at the moment. The Sims 3 is really such a great game, the fact that you can have all your sims doing different things at different parts of the world and switch from one to the other is priceless!
    So thank you for the info. I will keep an eye open for any development.
  • Options
    Well the Sims 2 aren't particularly pretty either but they are adorable. As for beauty, as they say is in the eyes of the beholder. I prefer fun filled characters with soul rather than pathetic...empty beauty. And by the way the sims 4 are ugly to me, so plasticky! I really don't like them at all, just as in real life I do not like all the plastic surgery some people have done which makes them all look the same with frozen features, I can understand it if it is reconstructive or needed but ..well some people end up looking gross!. Just my point of view.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    All I'll say, if they repeat the same thing in sims 5 it sure will be entertaining.

Guaranteed.
    14579010.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    ...(edited for brevity)

Upvoted for the last sentence.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    rjssim wrote: »

Yeah, right now that's my biggest issue with that game. I guess I'm a visual snob, not only do I want a fulfilling game with beautiful graphics, but I also need characters with semi-decent aesthetics too since you're looking at them the entire time you're playing. And, right now they look like a 2D comic book. But, I did read on Twitter that they just hired a new team member who will be working to improve the Parafolks, so hopefully that helps.

That's cool. Hopefully, the characters will end up looking better in the final product. Other than that, everything else looks great.
  • Options
    All I'll say, if they repeat the same thing in sims 5 it sure will be entertaining.

Guaranteed.
    14579010.jpg

Well I have my pick fork ready. This is my ring... I mean...game! MINE!
  • Options
    TibbinovaTibbinova Posts: 1 New Member
    I agree. I say improve on the sims 4. Mainly with past features and new ideas. Some how make it open world. An opinion multiplayer mode. (Kind of like playing Minecraft together but sims.) And please have Sims be play Everywhere on pc and Xbox. I’m torn between Xbox and PC. Look at how bad the launch was. Also look at other game with sequels they are not usually that good. I wish they would add on to the sims 4 with a major update and paste Sims 5 the upgrade. :)
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    This is a pictorial representation of the Sims 4. If you keep trying to "improve" on a game with no focus and no direction, You end up with doors and stairs leading no-where. Much like what happened with the Winchester mansion. https://www.insider.com/tour-photos-winchester-mansion-2019-8

The end result being a mish-mash of uncoordinated EPs, GPs and SPs that have no conceivable gameplay *cough* Journey to Bachoo... Oh sorry, Batuu...I must be allergic to something.
    It has 160 bedrooms, 40 staircases, 13 bathrooms, and 47 fireplaces. There are a whopping 10,000 windows and 2,000 doors.

See a similarity?
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    I do. Read through the whole article and found it very interesting. Another parallel, the house is quite good looking.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    This is a pictorial representation of the Sims 4. If you keep trying to "improve" on a game with no focus and no direction, You end up with doors and stairs leading no-where. Much like what happened with the Winchester mansion. https://www.insider.com/tour-photos-winchester-mansion-2019-8

The end result being a mish-mash of uncoordinated EPs, GPs and SPs that have no conceivable gameplay *cough* Journey to Bachoo... Oh sorry, Batuu...I must be allergic to something.
    It has 160 bedrooms, 40 staircases, 13 bathrooms, and 47 fireplaces. There are a whopping 10,000 windows and 2,000 doors.

See a similarity?

That poor lady would have been better building houses in the Sims games! If she felt safer that way that's fine with me.

Sims 4 gives you several ways to play and how you play it and what enjoyment you get out of it depends on you. I join up all that mish-mash as you call it and make my own games out of it, even Batuu. Everything is useful sometimes.

( I hate Spiritualists like poison, as that one who might have put that haunt theory to her had a lot to answer for. I was so depressed once I went to a famous one where I live and he told me the date I would die and that is not far off now. I'll breathe a sight of relief if I get to the year after. You may not believe but what they say still haunts you.)
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    I don't need Sims 5, because I don't believe that it would be an improvement. The Sims franchise was great, once, but all things come to an end. Better let it die with dignity, instead of having Sims 5 crash and burn.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I am personally looking forward to a potential Sims 5, but I want Sims 4 to be the best it can possibly be before we move on. The recent sentiments added alongside the upcoming skin tone overhaul is a sign that the game is moving in the right direction, sure six years after launch but honestly better late than never. Sims 4 is my favourite of the franchise, so anything added to my favourite Sims game is only a plus for me. I look forward to seeing what content and base game additions we get for the remainder of the Sims 4's development.
  • Options
    SuperbusSuperbus Posts: 5 New Member
    In taking to account that it has been six years in passing since the release of the Sims 4, I do believe that a new release of the game would benefit from the technological advances made in that time, in particular techniques that have been developed in seamless loading which would pave way for a more expansive and open world which I have felt the Sims 4 to be lacking in comparison to its predecessor, the Sims 3.
    However, as applies to all in the gaming industry, the worth of the Sims 5 would wholly depend upon the development team and the circumstances in which they are placed under.