October 16 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here.

We don't need Sims 5

Comments

  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,266 Member
    edited September 7
    I think Sims 4 is too far into the number of available packs that the bugs won't be able to be fixed without something else breaking. Each pack has things that are wrong. It takes, what, a year for an expansion pack to be put together. Say that each expansion pack (not to mention the game and stuff packs) has its own set of bugs and then some of the packs are integrated into each other so you have one pack's bugs, added on to another pack's bugs that create a whole new set of bugs. 3 sets of bugs in 2 packs... multiple types of problems... layer upon layer of issues. To go back and fix anything would take more time than the entire collection is worth. Not saying that that's what happens, that's just a scenario I get when I think about it.
    "Life is like a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 2,893 Member
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    To be honest I think that if TS5 will ever appear, it will be the worst TS generation and EA will cancell that series.


    You haven't even seen TS5. But we've seen TS4 and right now it's the worst TS iteration.


    But the trajectory is downwards, the devs/gurus think it's wonderful, so any new version will be ore of the same. A different thread includes a guru quote that they are abandoning (or at least moving away from) life simulation in favor of social trends.
  • CeiCeiHCeiCeiH Posts: 44 Member
    edited September 8
    If they can make Sims 5 a combinations of what we miss in previous Sims games with the things we like about Sims 4 without it being a crash disaster then I am all for it..
    Otherwise this might be the last Sims I am giving effort in
    Post edited by CeiCeiH on
    ~~ Nothing like being a happy Simmer! We let all hell break loose!! :D ~~
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,656 Member
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    To be honest I think that if TS5 will ever appear, it will be the worst TS generation and EA will cancell that series.


    You haven't even seen TS5. But we've seen TS4 and right now it's the worst TS iteration.


    But the trajectory is downwards, the devs/gurus think it's wonderful, so any new version will be ore of the same. A different thread includes a guru quote that they are abandoning (or at least moving away from) life simulation in favor of social trends.


    I know, I read that thread. But TS5 will most likely be made on a different game engine than TS4's and that will allow the devs to add more and better features. So we'll see. It's all we can do at this point.


    I'm home!

    Our House - Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young


  • JohnHWatson71JohnHWatson71 Posts: 44 Member
    edited September 8
    At this point, I'm more excited for Paralives than for Sims 5. tbh I wouldn't be sad if there is no Sims 5.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 17,989 Member
    At this point, I'm more excited for Paralives than for Sims 5. tbh I wouldn't be sad if there is no Sims 5.

    Same. But for different reasons.
    If you want to be happy, do not dwell in the past, do not worry about the future, focus on living fully in the present.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Since I'm pretty happy with both Sims 3 and 4, I don't feel a need to play Sims 5 yet. I play other games as well, and so it's just going to be too much for me personally.


    Origin ID: Nindigo79

    A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

  • empkaileenaempkaileena Posts: 17 Member
    We do need sims 5. Sims 4 has such a dumped down engine that most of the requested feature's are not even possible, probably together with low dev skills. Sims 4 seem to be run by a bunch of students to be honest. This engine (despite being able to keep the game lagless in terms of tuned and optimization, really is not gonna make the game any better then we currently have). But as said again, I am sure this copes with low dev skill and probably time pressure aswell. Maxis is not Maxis as we know from sims 1 and 2.
  • mortiamortia Posts: 1,155 Member
    You're right. We just need Paralives.
  • DuendeDuende Posts: 174 Member
    mortia wrote: »
    You're right. We just need Paralives.

    I agree! I will dig deep into my pockets and actually pay for Paralives since the team actually cares about our concerns and ideas.
    At this point, Sims 4 is like a really bad show that your friend recommended that you watch, and you don't enjoy it, yet they keep telling you, "Don't worry it gets better" or "Keep watching, it's gonna get more exciting".

    tenor.gif?itemid=15495627
    gCQKjq4.png

  • wsteffi30wsteffi30 Posts: 112 Member


    I started playing The Sims with TS1. I liked it and I played it for a long time. Somehow I missed the boat on TS2. My next gameplay was with TS3. I still play TS3. I downloaded TS4 and played off and on for a couple of weeks and then I uninstalled it because I didn't like it. I prefer TS3 to any of the other sims games. I've been watching the work on Paralives and I'd probably check it out. If TS5 could be like the first three games but without the loading screens and have an open world, I'm all for that. However, I don't believe that's going to be the case. I follow the Sims game news because I like the Sims but if TS5 is anything like TS 4, I probably wouldn't bother with it.
  • Earcat1Earcat1 Posts: 3 New Member
    We don't need TheSims5 if it would be as terrible as TheSims4 is. We need something more like TheSims3, or they should continue updating TheSims3.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,528 Member
    I'm not playing right now because they ruined my cc windows and doors. I don't see this game getting any better. If they don't step it up for sims 5, I think they're over.
  • Mw93Mw93 Posts: 32 Member
    I didn't even upgrade to the sims4 because of how much of a rip off the sims 4 series is, if ea isn't going to fix sims 4, what's next micro transactions in the sims 5? like an energy system? Sims 5 wouldn't be an improvement just a further step backward.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 5,588 Member
    I doubt if any simmers will like a Sims 5 but it'll probably attract a new group of fans anyway and leave us all behind.

    I'm just happy with Sims 4 for as long as it goes on. I've got 2,3 & 4 on my laptop but Sims 4 is more Sims as I like it. I'd love to play "The Sims"again though just to enjoy the magic worlds. If Sims 5 had the enchantment and humour of that I'd love it. <3
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 461 Member
    Earcat1 wrote: »
    We don't need TheSims5 if it would be as terrible as TheSims4 is. We need something more like TheSims3, or they should continue updating TheSims3.


    Sims 3 has been finished for years now-it's never getting new updates because there's no reason to go back and keep updating an outdated 32-bit game.

    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 6,714 Member
    at this point in time i would say its pretty much time for the sims5
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery



    Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

    1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 7,087 Member
    You can only cram so much into a Glass Box before it shatters. :smirk:
    RiverMcIrishFanatic_rs.jpg
    Nikkei_Simmer's Sims 3 Blog - For more Sims 3 stories...

    "The only conceivable use for a vampire is as a sharpened stick tester." ~ Haruo Chikamori, werewolf
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 2,893 Member
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    To be honest I think that if TS5 will ever appear, it will be the worst TS generation and EA will cancell that series.


    You haven't even seen TS5. But we've seen TS4 and right now it's the worst TS iteration.


    But the trajectory is downwards, the devs/gurus think it's wonderful, so any new version will be ore of the same. A different thread includes a guru quote that they are abandoning (or at least moving away from) life simulation in favor of social trends.


    I know, I read that thread. But TS5 will most likely be made on a different game engine than TS4's and that will allow the devs to add more and better features. So we'll see. It's all we can do at this point.


    Yes, likely a new engine, but will they make the most of it or just use it to shovel the same old... ? Need a new team at least as much as a new engine.

    Loved that Blue Angels, video! Thank you for sharing. One of the coolest parts was the take of by the C 130 Hercules, almost as hot as the others. The 'Herky Bird' btw, is capable of operating on aircraft carriers, both landing and taking off. Have photos somewhere, impressive thing to see.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,158 Member

    Here’s hoping the competitor Paralives can push EA/Maxis to do better as well. :)

    Paralives is already having an influence on TS4 development. Their introductory trailer debuted over a year ago and the innovation had nearly the entire community abuzz. If not for that trailer, I doubt that there would have been the recent windows and doors update for TS4.

    Personally, I find it hilarious that an indie game had to come along in order to get the multibillion-dollar EA/Maxis to realize that they can no longer rest on their laurels. Paralives has earned my money and support for the simple reason that it's making EA/Maxis sit up and take notice. At last, there's a serious contender for the life simulation crown and possibly another hefty contender on the way. I'll take a look at those before I ever voluntarily get back on the Sims merry-go-round again.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Cynna wrote: »

    Here’s hoping the competitor Paralives can push EA/Maxis to do better as well. :)

    Paralives is already having an influence on TS4 development. Their introductory trailer debuted over a year ago and the innovation had nearly the entire community abuzz. If not for that trailer, I doubt that there would have been the recent windows and doors update for TS4.

    Personally, I find it hilarious that an indie game had to come along in order to get the multibillion-dollar EA/Maxis to realize that they can no longer rest on their laurels. Paralives has earned my money and support for the simple reason that it's making EA/Maxis sit up and take notice. At last, there's a serious contender for the life simulation crown and possibly another hefty contender on the way. I'll take a look at those before I ever voluntarily get back on the Sims merry-go-round again.

    Have you all seen the latest sneak peek of Paralives? Zip-lining, jumping into a swimming pool from the roof of a house, taking off one's shoes when going inside, and tipping a book on a bookcase to open a sliding door into a secret room. All this plus pets, seasons, and weather in the base game. Hear that, EA? THE BASE GAME.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,158 Member
    Stdlr9 wrote: »

    Have you all seen the latest sneak peek of Paralives? Zip-lining, jumping into a swimming pool from the roof of a house, taking off one's shoes when going inside, and tipping a book on a bookcase to open a sliding door into a secret room. All this plus pets, seasons, and weather in the base game. Hear that, EA? THE BASE GAME.

    Yep.

    The Para taking his shoes off when he came into the house gave me hope that the rest of the game will be as detailed. As a person who always goes barefoot at home, that gameplay trailer spoke to me on a level similar to TS2's trailer when it revealed that Sims were finally going to have fingers. It seems a simple thing and yet, I'm so excited by the potential significance for the rest of the game. The developer is headed in the right direction as far as this player is concerned.

    I can't wait to see what Paradox brings to the table.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,069 Member
    At this point, TS4 has been the perfect example of the sunk cost fallacy for me. I keep buying packs because I’ve invested time/money into the game so I have unrealistic hopes that if I throw more money at it, it will improve. Still always the same square gameplay mechanics being plugged into round holes....something isn’t quite clicking. But I’m ready to throw in the towel on this iteration and move on to TS5! 😎😎
  • bellagoth_bellagoth_ Posts: 877 Member
    you say we don't need ts5 because ts4 is perfectly fine. i beg to differ. the game was coded in a wrong way and basically all the flaws you see and the things you say are missing in ts4 won't be fixed because the game was never coded for such changes, and ea is not going to do it, because all of these changes would suppose a high cost that they won't spend for some free updates. adding more packs to a flawed product will never satisfy people, if anything it will keep boring the fandom who will end up abandoning the game.
    but a sims 5 is only necessary it it'll be better than ts4. otherwise the franchise should end with the current iteration.
    i'm hopeful it will be better because i believe all the mistakes done in ts4 won't carry to ts5
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited September 27
    bellagoth_ wrote: »
    you say we don't need ts5 because ts4 is perfectly fine. i beg to differ. the game was coded in a wrong way and basically all the flaws you see and the things you say are missing in ts4 won't be fixed because the game was never coded for such changes, and ea is not going to do it, because all of these changes would suppose a high cost that they won't spend for some free updates. adding more packs to a flawed product will never satisfy people, if anything it will keep boring the fandom who will end up abandoning the game.
    but a sims 5 is only necessary it it'll be better than ts4. otherwise the franchise should end with the current iteration.
    i'm hopeful it will be better because i believe all the mistakes done in ts4 won't carry to ts5

    ...you hope... ;)

    I, on the other hand, am not so positive that they've learned their lesson.
    RiverMcIrishFanatic_rs.jpg
    Nikkei_Simmer's Sims 3 Blog - For more Sims 3 stories...

    "The only conceivable use for a vampire is as a sharpened stick tester." ~ Haruo Chikamori, werewolf
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top