Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Platforms roofs and walls

Every time I put in a platform, the roof disappears. Am I the only one? Also, if I put it against the wall, the wall disappears to. Putting the roof and/or wall back will sometimes make the whole platform disappear. I think I saw some of the Game changers experiencing this last week but I believed it was footage from August/September-ish. You would think if it was a bug, it would have been fixed by the patch.

Comments

• Options
    Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,168 Member
    I'm glad you put this "out there". I have run into the same problem. I am building a house with a few different levels, and it is SO tricky. I finally skipped the roof thing altogether - I will fix it at the end. I also discovered that if I wanted to have decorative platforms on top of a regular platform, I had to draw walls the size of the decor, then select that piece separately and raise it above the rest. I also found that sometimes when I select just one platform to adjust, all the other platforms adjust, too. And don't even get me started with platforms and stairs. I really like having this tool, but dang - they made it so hard to use!!
  • Options
    SomeChick1SomeChick1 Posts: 535 Member
    And they've known since AUGUST they were problematic and decided to just release it anyway.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited November 2020
    To avoid this problem (walls and ceilings erasing), just use the room tool to build your platforms inside houses instead of the new platform tool. The room tool has the new up/down arrows for platforms so you can use that instead. Build your "room" and use the new up/down arrows to raise or lower a platform, and then delete any walls you don't want around the platform.

The reason why the platform tool is erasing walls and ceilings/roofs is because the game is reading the platform as a new room... and a platform has no walls or ceilings, thus this new "room" won't either. But if you use the room tool instead, any existing walls/ceilings will stay put.

In a nutshell: Use the platform tool outside, use the room tool inside.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    @AncientMuse I'm not sure what the room tool has to do with anything but build the platform outside and move it inside to avoid the issue, worked perfectly. Thanks!
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    SomeChick1 wrote: »
    @AncientMuse I'm not sure what the room tool has to do with anything but build the platform outside and move it inside to avoid the issue, worked perfectly. Thanks!

If you use the room tool to build a platform inside of a house instead of the platform tool, you won't have the problem of the walls/roofs disappearing. No need to build a platform outside and then move it into the house. Just use the room tool inside instead of the platform tool.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    Okay, I see what you're saying. I didn't realize all floors worked just like platforms. But placing a room - I still have to delete the walls so I'm still probably going to create the platforms outside. Thanks for the tips/tricks though.
  • Options
    estella_deeestella_dee Posts: 263 Member
    Basically the platform tool is another variety of the room tool. It's literally like having a room with walls already, and then overlapping it with another room using the room tool. It will delete the walls that you overlapped it with. I dont think they will fix this, because of how platforms are considered by the game. But I do hope they find a better alternative than walls disappearing.
  • Options
    MiciMici Posts: 1 New Member
    I hope they fix this because it's a bug and or error and it makes building tiny homes impossit xD This is why I have a cracked version right here it's not worth my money if they don't take us seriously and we have to constantly find workarounds
  • Options
    ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    I have had similar issues, I usually just draw a fence around where I want the new platform to be then raise it.

Anyone else have a problem when you raise one platform it causes a platform attached but in a different room to sink several levels? I was attempting a build but adjusting the room heights over and over because they kept glitching was too much, I had to ditch it.