Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Prepping any sims for a snowy escape? :)

Comments

• Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I have a rotational save where I started 8 couples in Newcrest, with the goal of their families intertwining and taking over all the other worlds in the very best lots. I downloaded the original couples from the gallery, and the couple who will move to Mt. K is Peter and Amanda Hensley. Maybe their creator reads these forums, that could be fun!

Peter is very active and as Mr. Solar System, he’s ready for all the new physical activities. He’ll ski and snowboard, and he’ll definitely be rock climbing. Amanda is a Personal Re-Imager (stylist) and just took up knitting, but her main hobby is cheating. She’s a dirty cheater who needs to get herself 6 more boyfriends. Peter is usually out for a run or something while she’s messing around and he’s only caught her flirting once.

I’m thinking of moving them to the 50x50 lot on the mountain so Peter has constant access to the slopes. They have a pit bull and 2 kids - Trinity is already married (with twins) and living in Windenburg. Erik is at university and he’ll eventually move to the new family estate. He’s active, self-absorbed and erratic. He’s going to marry Julia Denton who was part of another family I got from the gallery. When they have kids there’s going to be cousins to sled with and I just can’t wait to see how it all plays out.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    Prepping? Well,

I have several households working on their climbing and gym training.

I've built a lot in Forgotten Hollow ready to be rented out to unsuspecting Sims and have also put in a bar there so that they can meet up with Vlad over a beer in his natural habitat.

I'm starting this as a new Save in Winter time, so am now leaving it until the pack comes out as I want to see if or where the skating rink is in it and see the mountain in it's full winter glory.

I've made several new households who have a lot of winter clothes to wear already but have a knitting room in one house to make more of the woolly jumpers.

I doubt I will have time for any of my Sims to climb Mt. Komorebi anytime soon.

A rental lot in FH is ... such a brilliant idea. Might finally make me use that world again for something :joy:
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Prepping? Well,

I've built a lot in Forgotten Hollow ready to be rented out to unsuspecting Sims and have also put in a bar there so that they can meet up with Vlad over a beer in his natural habitat.

I'm starting this as a new Save in Winter time, so am now leaving it until the pack comes out as I want to see if or where the skating rink is in it and see the mountain in it's full winter glory.

I've made several new households who have a lot of winter clothes to wear already but have a knitting room in one house to make more of the woolly jumpers.

A rental lot in FH is ... such a brilliant idea. Might finally make me use that world again for something :joy:

Make sure you've got a crypt handy!
  • Options
    Prepping? Well,

Make sure you've got a crypt handy!

Haha will do :D
  • Options
    kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    edited November 2020
    The sims I have plans with in Snowy Escape are my three families I'm playing rotationally. The households consist of three siblings and their families. I haven't played with them for a while, but I believe this EP and the sentiments and all will give that game some more depth.

First there's the oldest sister, Beatrice. She's divorced (I never even made a husband for her), and her (child) daughter Penelope. She's on top of the business career and in my game I pretend she's running the business empire the family owns. Then there's the younger sister, Delilah, who has two daughters Ella (teen) and Antoinette (child), she's a widow, but also, I never even bothered to make her a husband. She's registered in the bureau of labor or whatever as a writer, but doesn't really work much, because the family is rich from all the money their business empire makes (money cheats). And last there's the youngest brother Devon, who's in the social media career in public relations (of course for the family businesses). He has a wife, Sophie, who doesn't work, and three kids, Timothy (teen), Alice (child) and Charlotte (toddler).

First I'm sending the three siblings for a vacation in the new world, but leave Sophie home with Timothy and Charlotte, because Charlotte is too young to ski, and Timothy is a nerd and isn't interested. The rest of them I'll temporarily move to same household, so that I can control all of them. Also, there will be some tension between the kids, since Antoinette and Alice are best friends with each other, but Penelope is a bit younger than them, and is always left out.

After they come home, Beatrice will have to temporarily relocate to Japan to expand the business, and she will move into the new world with her daughter. I will, however move in some random sim to "house watch" their current home, in case I want them to move back in, so that nothing happens to it.

Can't really wait to get this EP :)
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    In a manner of speaking, I suppose I am. My YA Global Superstar, Rock Star, Concert Virtuoso, is now the father of four. Three toddlers (the twin girls came close on the heels of the first child) and a newborn. He's also very busy trying to keep up with his career. The concerts, the albums, the photoshoots, the Meet & Greets. I'm certain he's well ready to take some time off.

Is this the same one who was living with his sister and her husband??

Yes, he was. Then he and his younger brother and his girlfriend rented another castle from said brother-in-law. I finally moved them into Erik's newly built mansion very recently. And Erik needs some time off. LOL

OHZxK4A.jpg

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    In a manner of speaking, I suppose I am. My YA Global Superstar, Rock Star, Concert Virtuoso, is now the father of four. Three toddlers (the twin girls came close on the heels of the first child) and a newborn. He's also very busy trying to keep up with his career. The concerts, the albums, the photoshoots, the Meet & Greets. I'm certain he's well ready to take some time off.

Is this the same one who was living with his sister and her husband??

Yes, he was. Then he and his younger brother and his girlfriend rented another castle from said brother-in-law. I finally moved them into Erik's newly built mansion very recently. And Erik needs some time off. LOL

OHZxK4A.jpg

He needs some rest haha!!!
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    In preparation for Snowy Escape, I decided to revisit an old idea I had years ago. The Travellis were supposed to be an Italian family of five that travelled a lot (as their name suggests), with every member being an expert on a different vacation destination. However, it didn't really work out because we only had Granite Falls and Selvadorada at the time, and even though I created the sims in CAS and furnished an apartment for them in San Myshuno, I never actually moved them in and played with them.

Now that we have a much bigger sim world with a variety of interesting places to go, I brought them back from the family bin, but narrowed them down to one married couple, which I find a lot easier to manage. While they go everywhere together and don't really have favourite destinations like the members of the original family did, they still have somewhat different ideas of what a perfect vacation looks like.

travellic7kky.jpg

Tiziano (the one with the black hair) is all about culture. A former chef with a special interest in foreign cuisine, he's most interested in getting to know the people, taking photos of and with them, learning all about their customs and of course their food! He has figured out how to prepare snacks that never spoil before going anywhere, and if all else fails, he's still a decent fisherman. Other hobbies of his include playing the guitar and singing his own songs. His traits are Outgoing, Proper (once the pack is out), Active, and Essence of Flavour (from the food aspiration).

Matteo comes from an academic background and is used to getting to the bottom of things. Not satisfied with merely admiring the beauty of the Selvadoradian temples, he must find out who built them in the first place and what the not-heaven is going on in StrangerVille, reach the top of Mt. Komorebi and slide down from there on his snowboard. Whenever he's not busy exploring, he likes to write about his findings and share them with the world. His traits are Adventurous (once the pack is out), Loves the Outdoors, Bookworm, and Quick Learner (from a knowledge aspiration).
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Here she is everyone, the little witch girl (I think she's a witch anyway, might also be a vampire but my gut says witch lol) that will eventually become the snowy mountain witch: Sayuri Yamamoto!
    ODZbRxR.png
    ETA: also little side note, I forgot how much I loved playing with these witches in TS4! :love: Plus, having both a witch and a vampire, I really don't think it's any easier to max out witches than vampires, I always feel with vampires it goes a little faster for some reason. But I love both these occults & the mermaids <3
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    Nice Sim. He definitely needs a break. @GalacticGal

Love those Sims. I like the backstories as well. @GrumpyGlowfish

I like the idea of a snowy mountain witch! Very interesting @SimTrippy
    He/Him
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Nice Sim. He definitely needs a break. @GalacticGal

Love those Sims. I like the backstories as well. @GrumpyGlowfish

I like the idea of a snowy mountain witch! Very interesting @SimTrippy

Thank you. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Not yet. I'm planning on having my Sims do a little vacationing first to get the feel of it and explore. Then, I'll play around a little more. I want to make a young BD Wong. I love him
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

This is the Itos. Toddler Hoshiko is max skills and ready to age up, but I've been holding off until after she goes sledging :) Parents have just bummed through life so far, I plan to make one do the new career. When the patch hits they'll be going to a rental I've built in Sulani for a few days before settling down in the new town.

VQSYIbL.png

Oh and Hoshiko is an alien so who knows where my play will go!
  • Options
    CelSims wrote: »
    This is the Itos. Toddler Hoshiko is max skills and ready to age up, but I've been holding off until after she goes sledging :) Parents have just bummed through life so far, I plan to make one do the new career. When the patch hits they'll be going to a rental I've built in Sulani for a few days before settling down in the new town.

VQSYIbL.png

Beautiful family!! <3

Thank you @ironknight35 :blush:
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

VQSYIbL.png

Beautiful family!! <3

Thank you :) I am quite attached to them which is unusual when they're normal sims haha. I created the guy, Yakeru, but his wife, Kimeyo, was born to my girl doing the 100 baby challenge, so she has my legacy family genes. Which means another baby is planned at some point.
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    You're welcome! @SimTrippy and @GalacticGal :)
    He/Him
  • Options

VQSYIbL.png

Beautiful family!! <3

Thank you :) I am quite attached to them which is unusual when they're normal sims haha. I created the guy, Yakeru, but his wife, Kimeyo, was born to my girl doing the 100 baby challenge, so she has my legacy family genes. Which means another baby is planned at some point.

I'm always so in awe of people who manage to actually do the 100 baby challenge. That plum would drive me completely nuts :joy:
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    I'm not really prepping anyone, I'm going to go on vacation with my current family and move another family on Japanese origin there. But I don't think that needs preparation.
    But, I'm making new townies for Mt. Komorebi. I'm going to create some clubs of “natives” to hang out at the bar, lounge, etc, so I will see more of my sims and less of Nancy Landgraab.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Wish I had screenshots, oh well, I have a few families to move into the new world, 1) a lovely mountain Kami to move into the mountain, 2) A large family (that I plan on splitting into two different households) who are a slice of life story I've been working on for over a year and 3) a Japanese Youkai/sorcerer and his wife.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I'm not really doing anything right now beyond playing my normal rotation, but I have a few plans.

For vacations: Lucas Munch has been the kind of guy who has a basic business career but spends his weekends camping. He's about to become an Adult and I can see a mini midlife crisis driving him to be more daring and take up mountain climbing as well. I have some plans for his daughter to marry a sim in the athlete career, so having them meet on the slopes would work very well also, once she's old enough.
    And my retirement village is also always looking for new ways to spice up their days, so a trip to the new world would suit them. Some would probably stick to the relaxing parts, others might give the bunny slopes a go. Elders have so much free time vacations and hobbies are nice additions for them.
    I might have the rich boy who's wooing the orphaned Yuki Behr take her on an all expenses paid vacation to propose. Right now they're still teens but it might make a nice story after they age up, especially since she is at least part Japanese.

And the kids who I plan on having enter the engineering careers when they grow up will both move to the new world because of the Japan and robots connection. I think I'll have my first ever servos built there.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    procYCM.png
    haUnjU5.png
    This is my alter ego, Ninja Jeremia Ryu Sakura-oi AKA Jeremia The Ninja. He is a Japanese ninja warrior who was from Tokyo, Japan. He's about to live in Mt. Komorebi, just because was from Japan.
  • Options
    kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member
    Since my legacy sim passed, I decided to make a new save to play in for Snowy Escape (as my original plans have been thwarted with her untimely passing). This is Yuna! She's an athletic gal living in Evergreen Harbor (YAY for those bug fixes!!). She's working on cleaning up the environment, selling things on Plopsy, and will definitely be ready to hit the slopes and climb a mountain in a few days. :smile:
    50588939087_db829b74a8_k.jpg
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Townies I'm working on.
    aUG3iFkXeMk.jpg
    Not sure who I'm going to move into a house and who will be homeless. I also have other sims that will fit perfectly in Mount Komorebi... actually, too many! 😅
    4G8Otkdoy8U.jpg
    sGlPjvkzwkw.jpg
  • Options
    LeaselmaryLeaselmary Posts: 108 Member
    I love to play with premades, and with Snowy Escape I plan to use Akira Kibo with Miko Ojo. They'll live in mn.Komorebi for a while but then I will return them to San Myshuno and use the mount for vacations.
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    I have a sim with a broken heart, that wants to find a romance in the mountains. I’m still deciding whether to do it as a holiday or just move there.
    I’ve been playing her since the announcement, started of as a homeless teen now a hopeful graduate.