Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Prepping any sims for a snowy escape? :)

SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
So I'm quite happy about the pack and the many new outdoor activities. Been waiting for mountains for a long time and I can't wait to get sentiments in the pre-patch, which might just be the closest thing to a memory system we'll ever get :)

Anywho, I hope this kind of thread doesn't already exist but I didn't really find one, and I was wondering what sims you guys are planning to take on a Snowy Escape? Or to live in Mt. Komorebi??

Me I've made this family a week or so ago. They live in a somewhat cramped apartment in Evergreen Harbor. Marques, the family father is a cop who wants to be a writer (and may or may not be at risk of developing an affair at work). His wife Janelle is a sales floor clerk, and together they have three kids. The twins Ralf (lazy) and Isabelle (artistic), and their youngest Nelly.
QtIYpoX.png
FFJ0RtL.png

I'm planning on taking them on a family vacation to Mt. Komorebi, so right now that I have a bit of time I'm just playing them a bit to develop their stories etc. Which I'll then put on hold until we have sentiments :love:

I'm also planning on making a witch to live in Mt. Komorebi fulltime but I'd like to have the new pack outfits and hairs to make her.

Sooo what sims are you prepping???

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited November 2020
    Don't currently have pics, but I have a teen couple I'm prepping for the new pack. Philip Kelsey is an Active Bro who just finished the Bodybuilder aspiration; he'll get the new one involving extreme sports and the Adventurous trait. His girlfriend Kyoko Nagareda is a Neat Creative Sim; she finished the Painter Extraordinaire aspiration and I currently have her on Lady of the Knits. I want her to complete all the socks and sweaters before the pack releases (with the "shoes off" feature they can both show off cool socks B) ). She'll get the Proper trait, and I think I heard there's a location aspiration for things in Mt. Komorebi so she'll get that as well. I just moved them to a small house in Britchester; I may have them go to University first (commuting from home) before diving into Snowy Escape gameplay. I might do a second household with a single Sim who has the Clumsy trait to see if there are any spectacular fails on the slopes. :D
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Don't currently have pics, but I have a teen couple I'm prepping for the new pack. Philip Kelsey is an Active Bro who just finished the Bodybuilder aspiration; he'll get the new one involving extreme sports and the Adventurous trait. His girlfriend Kyoko Nagareda is a Neat Creative Sim; she finished the Painter Extraordinaire aspiration and I currently have her on Lady of the Knits. I want her to complete all the socks and sweaters before the pack releases (with the "shoes off" feature they can both show off cool socks B) ). She'll get the Proper trait, and I think I heard there's a location aspiration for things in Mt. Komorebi so she'll get that as well. I just moved them to a small house in Britchester; I may have them go to University first (commuting from home) before diving into Snowy Escape gameplay. I might do a second household with a single Sim who has the Clumsy trait to see if there are any spectacular fails on the slopes. :D

Ohh that's a lovely idea with the socks! :D I like it. I guess they will be moving to Mt. Komorebi full-time? And what degrees would you like them to get? I hope Isabelle can get her arts degree at Britechester. I kind of forgot if we can send two sims at once to get their degrees actually?
  • youilivefor92youilivefor92 Posts: 62 Member
    I've been prepping a family of two wizard sims based off of a ship from a tumblr rp I've written. In the RP they had one of those "fake dating" tropes when the guy went home with the girl to meet her family for the holidays and I plan to recreate that bit in Mt. Komorebi. Mostly I'm excited for them to go on a little ski trip together and get a little closer, if ya know what I mean. I also plan to remake my sim self and have her live in the new world and develop the skiing/snowboarding skills bc I LOVE to do both and I'm really excited to get to play around with it.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited November 2020
    The couple I am gonna send there seems to be prepping themselves ;)
    When I played them yesterday one was having the tense moodlet from work and wanting time off, they both kept thinking about planes and one of them of a (wedding?) ring when they kissed, so they seem to be in the right state of mind for a vacation including the proposal :)

They are 2 YA males, a spellcaster (for now, I am debat
    ing turning him into a merman) author and a vampire musician, I am working to reach the top of the author career with the author before Nov. 13th so after the vacation he can switch to freelance author.
    Both are keeping fit, but aren't "sport nuts", they jogg, swim, the author does yoga (mainly for his mental health though, he was depressed for a long while and still sometimes struggles with depressive moods, yoga helps him among other things), so they won't be going for mountain climbing but will ski (the author) and snowboard (the musician) and def take in the sights and relax in the bathhouse together.

Those 2 are my fav couple in my game, I think I got the most detailed backstory for each of them and the most plans in comparison to my other sims, I just really like them and they are so cute together...I also can't wait to see what Lifestyles and especially Sentiments will do to them, hoping for alot of sweet sentiments for those two.

They also own a dog btw (Dante, the cutes corgie), so he's gotta come with them to Mount K, cuz he loves his humans too much to be left with a sitter at home.

Sorry I do not have any pics, I might make some when they are at Mt. K. though.

I'll also make a new sim living in Mt.K, visually I am gonna base her on one of my fav comic book characters Kabuki, she's gonna be active and very adventurous so besides doing all the mountainclimbing and snowboarding, she'll take trips to the jungle and sulani at least.
    Maybe I'll have her live with her (child) sibling she takes care of, but I am not sure on that one yet.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

I've been prepping a family of two wizard sims based off of a ship from a tumblr rp I've written. In the RP they had one of those "fake dating" tropes when the guy went home with the girl to meet her family for the holidays and I plan to recreate that bit in Mt. Komorebi. Mostly I'm excited for them to go on a little ski trip together and get a little closer, if ya know what I mean. I also plan to remake my sim self and have her live in the new world and develop the skiing/snowboarding skills bc I LOVE to do both and I'm really excited to get to play around with it.

Yes the skiing and snowboarding look so good!! I'm sure our sims will love it <3

@RavenSpit sounds like a really lovely couple that will feel right at home in the new world! I personally love playing with mermaids (counter to my expectations), especially because I like their weather powers lol.

Can't wait to see your pics, both of Dante and his hoomans and of the new sim!
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited November 2020
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Ohh that's a lovely idea with the socks! :D I like it. I guess they will be moving to Mt. Komorebi full-time? And what degrees would you like them to get? I hope Isabelle can get her arts degree at Britechester. I kind of forgot if we can send two sims at once to get their degrees actually?

I think you can, but it's tricky if they're both living on campus; it'll probably be easier if they're commuting from off campus (just like sending them to different rabbit-hole jobs). Philip's likely majoring in whatever course covers the Athlete career, naturally, although he's got quite a few skill points in programming so he could possibly go into computer engineering. Kyoko will likely be Fine Arts, but I'm thinking of putting her in the Arts Critic career because I haven't tried that career yet (I did Food Critic once). I also might have her switch jobs a few times because I want her to do the Renaissance Sim aspiration, maybe switch back and forth between that and the new location one.

I'm thinking having them do a couple of university terms, then go off to Mt. Komorebi for a winter sports vacation and to explore her Asian roots (the backstory is that their parents were friends when both of them were little, but just after they became teens the two couples mysteriously vanished without a trace off the coast of Sulani in a freak storm -- the locals claim the storm was caused by an angry mermaid but everyone knows that's ridiculous, right?.....) I'll probably move them permanently after they graduate from University.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I haven’t created them yet. But I have a new storyline about a Japanese-“American” mother and daughter who move to “Japan” because of her mother’s new job. She’s left all alone all the time and has to make new friends and tries her hand at winter sports which she’s never done before. I’ll be sharing this story on my Simblr ✨✨
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• CorvinowCorvinow Posts: 73 Member
    I have the perfect sim totally by accident. It’s my current heir, who is still a little lost on what to do with her life now that she’s on her own. When I read the details about the pack I turned off aging so she’s still a young adult by friday.

I plan to send her there on a trip with her younger brother’s family and during that trip she’ll decide to stay. She lost her father when she was still a teen and became a bit of a rebel since then. I think this pack it’ll be perfect for her story, she can find balance in life once again and move on with the legacy
    Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw If you've a ready mind, where those of wit and learning will always find their kind
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    My 5 star influencer sim "Milky Way" (not her real name) is going to have her life expanded upon with the new EP.

ZHXcKTB.png

Originally from Mt. Komorebi, she moved to San Myshuno to get away from her overbearing parents pressuring her to not only "find a proper man to marry" but as well as have a more active role in managing the family restaurant. Milky's lack of interest in helping to keep the family business going was a source of constant strain between her and her father. When she first started putting effort into her SimTube and Simstagram channels, her parents found it absolutely disgraceful and would not tolerate their daughter "throwing her life away behind a camera for people to laugh at". It goes without saying that Milky does not have a great relationship with her parents. Once she was old enough and had some money put away, she had left Mt. Komorebi to live her own life.

I decided that a few years later, she gets a surprise call from her oldest sibling. She's getting married (Milky suspects the marriage is arranged) and it would mean alot if Milky came home for the ceremony. She does want to go...but she's definitely not looking forward to dealing with her parents after 3 years of no contact.
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,572 Member
    I have a few ideas for Sims going into it. Obviously a Harajuku/Decora inspired Sim is a must and he or she will likely be a social media icon. I have a very traditional Japanese inspired Sim who is also a mermaid that's going to follow the spiritual traditions of Mt Komorebi. Once I have the pack I can add the traits and play her properly. And of course a normal family that mixes normal sim game play with new careers/aspirations. Some of the SE traits will spill over to some of my older sims as I think Proper is brilliant as a trait.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited November 2020
    I’m trying to get one of my sims kids through University so that I can start his life in the new world with his fiancée right now but when he has graduated then they will get married. This is my favorite family because I played the child’s parents without kids trying to solve the Strangerville Mystery so they are my favorite Strangerville family.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    edited November 2020
    I have a family I’ve played for a couple generations that is currently just a single mom and her toddler son living off the grid in Evergreen Harbor.

Mom (Melissa who is actually my profile sim) gets bored of life easily. She went to university and got her degree but was quickly dissatisfied with being a stylist. She enjoyed it for a stint of course but has now decided she will make her money to support her son Miles through crafting, painting and gardening. She wants to be able to take her son traveling around the sim world when he gets a little older so she is saving as much as she can at the moment. She also has a hankering for trying new things and experiencing new cultures. She’s a bit unsettled and indecisive with her life goals. So the question is will one of these adventures lead her to a new home, hobby or even career? Who knows? With this sim anything can happen.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited November 2020
    @RavenSpit sounds like a really lovely couple that will feel right at home in the new world! I personally love playing with mermaids (counter to my expectations), especially because I like their weather powers lol.

I love mermaids in general, my evil mermaid is a blast to play :)
    Also if I turn him into a merman he can test the new swimable waters in MtK.

So, I could not wait and made my Mt K local sim, her name is Ukiko Usagi (cause I love rabbits).
    ukiko01zmklz.jpg
    for now her only fixed trait is "active", will wait for the EP to really finish her with the new traits and aspirations and clothing, but so far I am liking her.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

You all have such lovely stories and sims!!! <3

@stilljustme2 yes I think that'll be easier too :/ too bad, I really love having sims live on campus haha. Maybe I'll give it a try, but from what I remember, you're right that it usually works better from home.

@RavenSpit haha I'm like you, I couldn't wait either :joy: but I'm not good at making Asian sims (honestly I'm not good at making a specific kind of sim in general). Also, I decided not to make the main sim but play her background story! So these are her parents, Haru And Yua:
    FE1wAFi.png
    MWaH47Y.png

Yua's ancestors were originally from Mt. Komorebi, but had to leave the country in a hurry due to social unrest. She barely remembers anything but the pain of having lost her family, so Yua's never been back to Mt. Komorebi. But she couldn't quite rid herself of her love for the outdoors and nature, meditation, or her bloodline. Yua was born a Mt. Komorebi spellcaster.

She's married to Haru, a vampire, and they will have two children. The girl will want to go back and explore her heritage in Mt. Komorebi, where eventually she'll stay, thereby returning the spellcaster family to its ancestral home.

It's a bit vague lol but I found this amazing build on the gallery for them to live in, and I'm excited to play through their stories. Here are some screenshots from the build even though I'm far from done redecorating soo :sweat_smile:
    ZiYgOWd.png
    J5jmsAU.png
    dl75YQ2.png

• amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    edited November 2020
    Oh I wish I could post pics on mobile (I’m without a computer for a few days!) But I’ve absolutely been prepping some sims for SE!

The latest generation of my legacy aged up to young adults not long ago and I’ve been kind of lost over what to do with them, but now I just have to send the three of them to live in Mt Komorebi to complete the new aspirations and complete an excursion to the mountain peak. I’ve been preparing some sims to move into the world for my main three to befriend as well, though I would much prefer it if they uploaded the trailer sims onto the gallery that I can use. Most of the sims in my worlds are trailer sims 😂
    Oh I wish I could post pics on mobile (I’m without a computer for a few days!) But I’ve absolutely been prepping some sims for SE!

The latest generation of my legacy aged up to young adults not long ago and I’ve been kind of lost over what to do with them, but now I just have to send the three of them to live in Mt Komorebi to complete the new aspirations and complete an excursion to the mountain peak. I’ve been preparing some sims to move into the world for my main three to befriend as well, though I would much prefer it if they uploaded the trailer sims onto the gallery that I can use. Most of the sims in my worlds are trailer sims 😂

You can use Imgur in your phone’s browser ✨

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,500 Member
    In a manner of speaking, I suppose I am. My YA Global Superstar, Rock Star, Concert Virtuoso, is now the father of four. Three toddlers (the twin girls came close on the heels of the first child) and a newborn. He's also very busy trying to keep up with his career. The concerts, the albums, the photoshoots, the Meet & Greets. I'm certain he's well ready to take some time off.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    In a manner of speaking, I suppose I am. My YA Global Superstar, Rock Star, Concert Virtuoso, is now the father of four. Three toddlers (the twin girls came close on the heels of the first child) and a newborn. He's also very busy trying to keep up with his career. The concerts, the albums, the photoshoots, the Meet & Greets. I'm certain he's well ready to take some time off.

Is this the same one who was living with his sister and her husband??

• ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    Might use this family to explore SE. Will probably give them makeovers when it releases.
    BJFg9Hj.png

I'll probably play with this Sim as well.
    ODXfmLf.png
    He/Him
  • stenopelixstenopelix Posts: 385 Member
    I might add some pics later, does anyone know the french graphic novel series "Yoko Tsuno"? I made Yoko for Jungle Adventures and now I added her friends Vic, Knut and her adopted daughter Morgentau. She will take them to Japan to meet her parents.
    stenopelix wrote: »
    I might add some pics later, does anyone know the french graphic novel series "Yoko Tsuno"? I made Yoko for Jungle Adventures and now I added her friends Vic, Knut and her adopted daughter Morgentau. She will take them to Japan to meet her parents.

Ohhh yes I do know that! As a kid I only had like one single Yoko Tsuno comic book but I can't even remember how many times I read it. I loved the art and the characters. What a cool idea to have her as a character :love:
  • nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member
    I stopped playing altogether since the EP announcement because I don't want to burn myself out before the introduction of Sentiments and Lifestyles :blush:
    My 5 star influencer sim "Milky Way" (not her real name) is going to have her life expanded upon with the new EP.

ZHXcKTB.png

Originally from Mt. Komorebi, she moved to San Myshuno to get away from her overbearing parents pressuring her to not only "find a proper man to marry" but as well as have a more active role in managing the family restaurant. Milky's lack of interest in helping to keep the family business going was a source of constant strain between her and her father. When she first started putting effort into her SimTube and Simstagram channels, her parents found it absolutely disgraceful and would not tolerate their daughter "throwing her life away behind a camera for people to laugh at". It goes without saying that Milky does not have a great relationship with her parents. Once she was old enough and had some money put away, she had left Mt. Komorebi to live her own life.

I decided that a few years later, she gets a surprise call from her oldest sibling. She's getting married (Milky suspects the marriage is arranged) and it would mean alot if Milky came home for the ceremony. She does want to go...but she's definitely not looking forward to dealing with her parents after 3 years of no contact.

She is very pretty. Somehow missed her when I scrolled down the first time. I love the story too. 🙂
    He/Him
    RavenSpit wrote: »

I love mermaids in general, my evil mermaid is a blast to play :)
    Also if I turn him into a merman he can test the new swimable waters in MtK.

So, I could not wait and made my Mt K local sim, her name is Ukiko Usagi (cause I love rabbits).
    ukiko01zmklz.jpg
    for now her only fixed trait is "active", will wait for the EP to really finish her with the new traits and aspirations and clothing, but so far I am liking her.

Very cute! I can't wait to play in the new world. I probably won't have my Sims live there, but I wil definitely send them on vacation in Mt K.
    He/Him
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited November 2020
    Prepping? Well,

I have several households working on their climbing and gym training.

I've built a lot in Forgotten Hollow ready to be rented out to unsuspecting Sims and have also put in a bar there so that they can meet up with Vlad over a beer in his natural habitat.

I'm starting this as a new Save in Winter time, so am now leaving it until the pack comes out as I want to see if or where the skating rink is in it and see the mountain in it's full winter glory.

I've made several new households who have a lot of winter clothes to wear already but have a knitting room in one house to make more of the woolly jumpers.

I doubt I will have time for any of my Sims to climb Mt. Komorebi anytime soon.