Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape Official Countdown Thread (Now Available)!!!!

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,463 Member
    Today is Patch Day!!!!!!

yaay
    I was just wondering what to do this evening, totally forgot the patch was coming lol. That's what work does to your mind 😆

Sadly I won't get to download it when it comes out cause I have a Doctor's appointment I've got to go to.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Today is Patch Day!!!!!!

yaay
    I was just wondering what to do this evening, totally forgot the patch was coming lol. That's what work does to your mind 😆

Sadly I won't get to download it when it comes out cause I have a Doctor's appointment I've got to go to.

its okay the update will still be there waiting for you I just hope my internet works till I can update I don't want to have to wait longer then I have to ether and at least you have something to think about at the doctors I know it makes it go quicker for me when thats the case @catloverplayer
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    installing the patch right now
  • Options
    Hallie22Hallie22 Posts: 64 Member
    My sims suddenly forgot how to walk up or down the stairs, after I updated the game.
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    @Hallie22 my Sim can walk up and down stairs fine and it's like 90° stairs lol. I hope it's just a minor glitch that resolves itself
  • Options
    Hallie22 wrote: »
    My sims suddenly forgot how to walk up or down the stairs, after I updated the game.

Saw this mentioned on Twitter as well.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I admit I haven't done much with the new update, but after backing up my files and installing it I did launch the game to see if I would have those start up problems I have seen floating around. It launched properly on my end (though fairly slowly...) and nothing seems amiss. So that is good.

I did not actually bother load a save, though. With it being so close to SE, I might as well wait.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,574 Member
    I've been visiting all my Lots, I'm like 'where can I stick a platform on this one?' :D

Platform mania.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    I've been visiting all my Lots, I'm like 'where can I stick a platform on this one?' :D

Platform mania.

i'm scared to update.
  • Options
    bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    First time I'm actually excited! Getting ready to pre-order either from Steam or stay with EA. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,574 Member
    edited November 2020
    bluzkat65 wrote: »
    First time I'm actually excited! Getting ready to pre-order either from Steam or stay with EA. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks
    Don't even get me started on Steam lol. Had some bad experiences there, but I'm sure they are fine for most people.

@friendsfan367 yes, it is quite scary when you read about people's games not starting or crashing after the update. I made sure to remove my one mod first and I have no cc, so far so good *crosses fingers*

That sure was an epic bug fix list this time!

Edit: Proudly presenting my first platform ROFL:
    11-10-20_8-32-37%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0
  • Options
    Today is Patch Day!!!!!!

yaay

but usually you take the day off anyway. so you still get play time. i thought it comes oout in the middle of the night though. on preordrs
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

Yay!!

Meaningful Stories and Fitness Controls are unaffected by the patch :smiley:

So far all my need-to-have-stuff have been working in the game. I am so so happy. Now I am waiting for the all clear on MCCC and just giving it a few days to see if anything comes up. Looks very good so far and it was great to see so many bug-fixes.
  • Options
    BigMeetchBigMeetch Posts: 1 New Member
    Since the snowy escape expansion focuses on Japanese culture, it would be cool to see a Marie Kondo cameo! My sims would love a visit from the tidying up lady :)
  • Options
    Hallie22Hallie22 Posts: 64 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    @Hallie22 my Sim can walk up and down stairs fine and it's like 90° stairs lol. I hope it's just a minor glitch that resolves itself

Yes I figured out what the problem was. I had a fence in front of the stairs, so that I could delete more floor pieces. But that trick doesn't work anymore.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Ill have to check the stairs i gave my test sim a little platform bedroom. Now shes vactioning in del sol my resorts are a little big for one sim buy no reason she cant invite others to join. Not that she would cause she crazy but its nice all the same.
    And looks like the stairs there are working so far
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited November 2020

Yes I figured out what the problem was. I had a fence in front of the stairs, so that I could delete more floor pieces. But that trick doesn't work anymore.

Oh so that's the problem :( Having the same issue. Was playing Valhalla until now (and that is amazing so far lol), so I only just did a quick check of the new patch and couldn't walk up or down the stairs anymore. Thanks for mentioning this, will fix it tomorrow - or well temp fix it while we're waiting for the sims team to really fix it :D
  • Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Oh so that's the problem :( Having the same issue. Was playing Valhalla until now (and that is amazing so far lol), so I only just did a quick check of the new patch and couldn't walk up or down the stairs anymore. Thanks for mentioning this, will fix it tomorrow - or well temp fix it while we're waiting for the sims team to really fix it :D

i was praticing buiding and the stairs leading to the front door disapeared.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I hope my game repair will be finished by the time the expansion releases. It's being so painfully slow.
  • Options
    Not long to go till the ep is out, at least I'll have something other than uni work to distract me with what's happening with my dad right now.
  • Options
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I hope my game repair will be finished by the time the expansion releases. It's being so painfully slow.

The last time I did that it took me almost 8 hours. It's the base game that makes it take so long.
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    And soon, it will be two more days!

I guess I better get that patch installed, huh?
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    2 Days!!!!
  • Options
    alonzo had a more intresting day than me. he got fired and had a baby well his girlfriend did. kieran also had a bad day moved him back to alonzos he hates his new sister and had a monster under his bed hes also not crazy about alonzos girlfriend.

hopefully cat won't mind. i played the triplet i was talking about the other day. hes divorced this is whats happened pre snowy escape. my coffee maker died again so sims is my only entertainment.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Lol I dreamt that I went skiing and that they'd patched in the bunny slope 😂