Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Issues after patch.

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Ughhh, repairing my game takes forever and a bit. Anyone knows how many packs are there in all?
  • Options
    Madds1914Madds1914 Posts: 16 Member
    > @Toddly13 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I had this issue too after restarting my computer and restarting origin. I guess I could try launching another game, but really don't want to mess with anything else. I have Sims 4 all backed up.

yeah Id wait until the launcher or the sims gets another patch Im not reinstalling for the 3d time until I know I can play. I really do not want to restart my computer again because origin decided to tank
  • Options
    Sorry to ask, but what are lofted stairs?
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    Useful information.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    That destroys most of my community lot buildings. A simple stair like this doesn't work any more:

IMTTGsh.png
  • Options
    kkellyy15kkellyy15 Posts: 11 New Member
    Since updating, I also cannot open my game at all. I have repaired the game, I have downloaded and installed the C++ file that was mentioned earlier in the thread, and I have generated a new sims 4 file. It still won't open. The error says that the game is already running, even though I've restarted my computer multiple times. I would put a picture of the error message, but I can't attach a picture.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

I'm not sure if I'm using the right term but it's when there's an open area around the stairs like this:
    rchw4Sx.png

Whilst this is regular/non lofted stairs
    fd9yDk7.png

• Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    kkellyy15 wrote: »
    Since updating, I also cannot open my game at all. I have repaired the game, I have downloaded and installed the C++ file that was mentioned earlier in the thread, and I have generated a new sims 4 file. It still won't open. The error says that the game is already running, even though I've restarted my computer multiple times. I would put a picture of the error message, but I can't attach a picture.

Put the link to the imgur pic file and someone else will be able to quote you and the pic will show.
  • Options
    Onverser wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »

I'm not sure if I'm using the right term but it's when there's an open area around the stairs like this:

Thanks, think I figured it out from the picture alanmichael1 posted above. It's weird that the stairs don't work anymore. I'm currently waiting for the repair game to finish as I have encountered some bugs of my own.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    I've shared this on Answers HQ so if anyone seeing this can give the post a me too on there that would heavily help to get the issue noticed and fixed!

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Stairs-Broken-After-November-Patch/m-p/9717351#M160498
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I've had no problem at all except for having to tick the EA conditions before I could download the patch. I only have Windows Defender for Windows 10 though, nothing else except Rapport for my bank account. Never had a virus (touch wood)!

I don't have any mods or CC.

If you have Windows 10 you might find the problem out by clicking the notifications panel bottom right. I found, after one Windows update I had to allow Sims4 through the firewall and it worked fine after I did that. They were listed there and I could click them to get through to the permissions in Settings. (We had something like this years' ago with either Sims 2 or 3)

• Options
    My game launches fine, but it just completely crashed out of nowhere whilst playing. My sim is a scientist and upon arriving at the lab the game just went.

Really hope it's not the career that's broken as that's what my entire gameplay is centered around currently and it'd take ages to get fixed as not everybody uses it regularly :s
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,658 Member
    Glad I found put all this before patching. I won't patch now until I read it's fixed!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    foxontherun7foxontherun7 Posts: 51 Member
    February11 wrote: »
    Glad I found put all this before patching. I won't patch now until I read it's fixed!

That's smart. I was so excited about certain fixes and the new features, that I did it. I hope they do something about it soon. That's unacceptable, and doubly so because I preordered the game for Friday, and can't even open it to enjoy the added goodies!

It kills me that game-breaking patches for The Sims still happen after 20 years, even on machines that surpass the requirements.
  • Options
    MindofyMindofy Posts: 313 Member
    I threw caution to the wind, uploaded my one household and the lot, placed them into a new game save, made a copy of my saves and Tray and pulled my Mods folder. Then I went ahead and installed the patch. It appears to be completed, yet it won't launch the game. Is anyone else having this problem?

It happened to me. I had to repair the game. That fixed it.
  • Options
    tegteg87tegteg87 Posts: 305 Member
    It’s happened to me 3 or 4 times now ☹️ Haven’t repaired the game so will try that.
  • Options
    kkellyy15kkellyy15 Posts: 11 New Member
    > @catmando830 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Put the link to the imgur pic file and someone else will be able to quote you and the pic will show.

I actually figured it out! My security software was blocking the sims from opening for some reason. All fixed now.
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    Well my game just crashed even though I just repaired it. Sooo that didn't work out.
  • Options
    TigresslullabyTigresslullaby Posts: 94 Member
    Just happened to me too. No cc or mods. I'm repairing now.
    Origin id: DontBlink21

=] Happy Simming!
  • Options
    BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Mines just booted me out too. Think this needs reporting as a bug :/
  • Options
    Toddly13Toddly13 Posts: 42 Member
    Reinstalling the latest version of visual c++ runtime worked to get my game to launch. I know someone else mentioned that earlier. You have to know if you're 32 bit (the x86 link) or 64 bit (the x64 link) version of Windows. My husband is much more computer savvy, so I waited for his expertise before trying to fix anything myself. I'm going to play test now in hopes of no further crashes.

You can download using this link.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Please do head to AHQ and add a detailed report! They'll want to know what was happening when the game crashed: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/my-game-is-randomly-shutting-off/m-p/9717676#M160549
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Toddly13Toddly13 Posts: 42 Member
    Toddly13 wrote: »
    I'm going to play test now in hopes of no further crashes.

Game crashed in CAS after less than 20 minutes in game.

• Options
    spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    I have tried all these and I am still getting an error message that The Sims4 is already running and the game wont launch. I play on Windows 10 alienware, completly updated, and have uninstalled, reinstalled both Origin and sims4. Nothing works.
  • Options
    spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    You should not have to be a computer tech to play a game. This is really frustrating. I even went to EA support and they cant figure out how to fix it. The problem I am having is it says the game is already playing.