Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Issues after patch.

Comments

• Options
    Toddly13Toddly13 Posts: 42 Member
    @SimQARobo I sent you a message with the info copied. I don't have the option to attach a file.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
  • Options
    SimQARoboSimQARobo Posts: 248 SimQA
    Toddly13 wrote: »
    @SimQARobo I sent you a message with the info copied. I don't have the option to attach a file.

Thank you! Can you please share the error message that you're seeing?
    If I don't actively respond here, I'm sorry. I can get a bit busy over at https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
  • Options
    SimQARobo wrote: »
    @catmando830 @Madds1914

What Operating System are you running?

I think Windows 10

OK thank you, that's helpful.
    If I don't actively respond here, I'm sorry. I can get a bit busy over at https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
  • Options
    Madds1914Madds1914 Posts: 16 Member
    > @SimQARobo said:
    > @Madds1914
    >
    > What Operating System are you running?

latest version of windows (windows 10) on a surface pro
  • Options
    citramicitrami Posts: 5 New Member
    > @SimQARobo said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > That should be fine :) . Just send me the link. Thank you!

The text is too long to send in a PM there, and I can't find where you PM you directly. Can I send it across two comments here? Would that be alright?
  • Options
    @catmando830 @Madds1914

Did you have a previous version of Windows installed on it before? (Windows 7, etc) Or was it always Win10?
  • Options
    > @SimQARobo said:
    > @catmando830 @Madds1914
    >
    > Did you have a previous version of Windows installed on it before? (Windows 7, etc) Or was it always Win10?

Always windows 10 i got this laptop over the summer
  • Options
    @SimQARobo

The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may solve this problem.

The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may solve this problem.
  • Options
    > @Toddly13 said:
    > @SimQARobo
    >
    > The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may solve this problem.
    >
    > The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may solve this problem.

yo i got the second error too
  • Options
    > @Toddly13 said:
    > @SimQARobo
    >
    > The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may solve this problem.
    >
    > The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may solve this problem.

not after restarting i have both errors woo
  • Options
    citrami wrote: »
    > @SimQARobo said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > That should be fine :) . Just send me the link. Thank you!

The text is too long to send in a PM there, and I can't find where you PM you directly. Can I send it across two comments here? Would that be alright?

Can you send it through my profile page?

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/profile/SimQARobo

If not, then I think it's OK to post in two comments here in this thread.
  • Options
    foxontherun7foxontherun7 Posts: 51 Member
    edited November 2020
    I threw caution to the wind, uploaded my one household and the lot, placed them into a new game save, made a copy of my saves and Tray and pulled my Mods folder. Then I went ahead and installed the patch. It appears to be completed, yet it won't launch the game. Is anyone else having this problem?

I am! I don't have any mods or CC (I decided to play vanilla for once in my life starting with The Sims 4, heh) in this game at all. I've tried repairing the game several times, clearing Origin's cache, restarting multiple times to no avail. Someone had suggested deleting the localthumb file, but that didn't help either - I didn't see it in there, but I had cleared game cache files last night after having some lag in the game. Super frustrated, because my machine can more than handle the game, and when even my IT guy hubby can't figure it out, I feel defeated. You'd think after 20 years, game breaking updates would be a thing of the past!

Edited to add, I don't get an error message about missing files or anything like that, it just straight up decided to be extra and insolent, and not load.

• Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I'm just not going to install the patch until they fix the patch. I just started playing a new Sim and I don't want to muck it up.
  • Options
    like even before the update the game would crash pretty often the only way i got around it was saving CONSTANTLY
    I also had mods in but they were mostly just clothes and decorations. The only script mods were MCC and UI cheats extension mod.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited November 2020
    So, the stairs aren't broken; the invisible fence trick is broken.

Yes, lofted stairs are broken because the trick to create them is now causing the stairs to not function. If you have stairs like this in your builds they will be broken because of this.
  • Options
    > @SimQARobo
    I also uninstalled and I cannot delete the files
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I always save every 6 minutes. If my save eventually screws up, it screws up I suppose.
  • Options
    akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    netney52 wrote: »
    My game had that odd message come up from Windows my virus protection thing warned me against my sims game too. Oddly my test file is really slow and glitchy in a 2 sim household but my main save of 2 years of a 6 sim household works fine with no glitching at all. This game baffles me so much. I’m sorry for those of you who can’t load saves that must be so frustrating.

I had the warning too. Do you have Norton Antivirus? I think it could be the cause for the whole problem.

You are exactly right. This was what caused my problem. I got a message saying something about "can't verify signature". All I had to do was select "always allow" and that fixed it.
  • Options
    I think origin may be the problem I launched it and instant error messages
  • Options
    Madds1914 wrote: »
    > @SimQARobo
    I also uninstalled and I cannot delete the files

Which files?
  • Options
    LehmanLegacyLehmanLegacy Posts: 176 Member
    I have just been trying to figure out what had gone wrong with my Legacy house that has had the same family living in it for nearly eight generations!

Thankfully the foyer isn’t *that* pretty so I won’t mind having the cut off top. Hopefully someone figures a workaround though.. 😶
  • Options
    > @SimQARobo said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Which file

justgenerally the sims 4 game files. i didnt want them cluttering up space. when i exited origin i could.

I just booted up origin and got the error messages so it may be the launcher? but its never had big errors before
  • Options
    still have the electronic arts files
  • Options
    Madds1914 wrote: »
    I think origin may be the problem I launched it and instant error messages

I had this issue too after restarting my computer and restarting origin. I guess I could try launching another game, but really don't want to mess with anything else. I have Sims 4 all backed up.