Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

do you think that its high time for the sims5?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    no
    No way. It's taken them 6 years to get us to THIS point. I wouldn't trust them to make another game.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited November 2020
    yes
    Idk tbh.

If TS5 is just an even worse more monetized version of TS4, they might as well just keep going with 4.

I have to say, I'll give TS4 2 more years max though....because really how far can they stretch this engine which was not great to begin with? I'm not even sure how many more worlds they could possibly add before the game's performance actually takes a tumble, but I guess they could make packs without new worlds at a certain point. My game's already lagging real hard at certain points, which I'm not sure why, it goes from 50-60 to 20 sometimes for short periods of time. Especially in gyms. Also...I'm kind of sick of TS4's graphics and the gigantic assets and kiddie color combinations the art team does for furniture and clothing...it's so unrealistic at times. I look at the assets Freeplay has and jesus they are 10x better than TS4, creativity flows in their studio when it comes to the design of the objects.

If they were to say that at the end of the next year they'd release TS5...if it's a well done BG that focuses more on the lifesim aspects of The Sims, if it has all 7 lifestages, actual cars, good variety of starting venues, better AI and personality system, all the features from TS4 build mode with custom pool shapes and...honestly I don't even know what else they could add at this point to build mode because it's just really good, layered clothing, color wheel for hair, skin and eyes, having to buy clothes and groceries like in TS2, better short term and long term goals, fears....I honestly would not look back to TS4.

And I hope they learned their lesson and don't bring back multitasking to this extent....because it is A problem...sims not doing what we want...talking to randoms, randoms talking to them, musical chairs, animation problems etc. That and emotions and moodlets...ENOUGH with the moodlets. Did not enjoy them in 3 and they're even worse in 4. I have a crap 🐸🐸🐸🐸 ton of fun in TS2 I don't need moodlets!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    yes
    adamzaid wrote: »
    In keeping with the dead horse analogy... I'd say adding more packs to Sims 4 is like flogging a dead horse. You might get some enjoyment out of beating it, but the dead horse...well, it's still dead.
    tenor.gif

Thank you. It's like people think that one day they are going to wake up and the game will be this perfect fun thing with cars, open world, personalities, free babies etc. This just won't happen and even if it does it will be done in this downgraded Sims 4 way.

The Sims 4 is dead and if we want a better game we won't get it out of the Sims 4 anymore. Maybe we won't get it out of the Sims 5 either, who knows. But it's better to go looking for a new horse to beat than just keep beating the dead one.

isnt the sims 5 going to be online? that scares tbh im not sure many people including me will like that but we have to wait and see i guess. also i remember hearing that the sims 4 was originally going to be online but then they decided to remake it into a singleplayer game within a time frame with the same engine which is why the game has limitations, im not sure but that would clear alot of things

It's not 100% confirmed...either way if it is I'm not buying lol
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    BotchedParrotBotchedParrot Posts: 11 New Member
    other ideas for sims 5 please post
    I feel TS4 could use a bit more work, if only they'd stop adding new content. Game is expensive enough as it is and it's functionally half finished. A TS5 following the same mistakes would be a franchise killer.

If they do eventually smooth out the issues, I'd be fine if they had things like more disabilities representation (something severely lacking in TS4), and even VR capabilities (TS4 also has potential).

I'd also rather have a CAS system separate from the game if they use that sort of thing in case there's trouble with the mods, or when I just want to make a pure BG sim. I get tired of the load times switching out in TS4 for that.

That's all I can think of ATM.
  • Options
    LeosimsLeosims Posts: 47 Member
    no
    No? EA is still Developing The Sims 4,So TS5 Will be in near Future.
  • Options
    garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    yes
    YES PLEASE. I'm willing to pay a lot of money for it.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    yes
    Leosims wrote: »
    No? EA is still Developing The Sims 4,So TS5 Will be in near Future.

On the contraire. They are developing TS5 not 4. 4 is done, they are buying their time with TS4 because it gives them money. And EA likes money. It's also cheaper to do DLC with a bunch of recycled content and animations rather than a new game. But they could stop at any given moment. Although they probably won't until 5's BG is done and 4's engine cannot take any more crap before literally exploding.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    yes
    At the point where I'm going...

Which is going to come first?

Sims5Logo.pngNikkei_Simmer_headstone.png

/sarcasm/
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    yes
    At the point where I'm going...

Which is going to come first?

Sims5Logo.pngNikkei_Simmer_headstone.png

/sarcasm/

Let's hope not the latter.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    yes
    Me too, My dad went at 75. so...hence the reason I calculated 75 for me too. Yes, I know, I'm old.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    yes
    Oh yeah, totally! I'm so sick of 4.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    mboglesbymboglesby Posts: 18 Member
    So, I was trying to find the proper discussion board to post this in (I cannot figure out how to start a new discussion). Anyway, my husband bought me a brand new MacBook Air yesterday and I was able to download the sims 3 64 bit game (finally!). Can I just say that after playing the sims 4 for so long, owning all expansions/game packs/stuff packs (except Batuu) then going back to the sims 3- my love for the game has been refreshed!
    I have played the sims since the original was launched in 2000 (don't judge my age! haha). I had most of the sims 3 expansions and stuff packs but not all, and got them installed yesterday. I have literally only been playing the sims 3 for roughly 4 hours and I am having so much more fun than I ever did with the sims 4!
    So- why is this relevant to this discussion board? Well, it got me to thinking about what I like in each game. The sims 4 gameplay [in my opinion] is super boring and lacking any randomness/difficulty however BB and CAS are fantastic, the graphics are a bit better as well. The sims 3 graphics are a bit 'flat' if you will, CAS is not as streamlined as TS4 however gameplay is a dream! I don't just mean because of cars, open world, strollers, canes, etc.; I mean I moved my freshly made sim into a house and immediately got the "opportunity" to start with a water main break!! interaction between sims is far more vibrant and there are so many different ways to play without getting bored!
    All of that to say, if and when the sims 5 is created, I sincerely hope that the developers take the best of each iteration and combine them to make a fantastic, full, vibrant game. I want the sims 5 to revamp the entire franchise and give the fans the trust we all once had in EA/Maxis! I want the next generation of the sims to have the newspapers and computers, landlines AND smartphones, dynamic interaction between sims, STORY PROGRESSION, memories, stronger family ties, more 'randomness'!!! Who else is with me? I really think the sims 5 could be a fantastic, full, vibrant game that us old timey simmers and the newbie simmers can enjoy all the same!
    I won't say that I regret spending [so much] money on the sims 4 as I had been unable to play the sims 3 for so long (due to loss of support for 32 bit games) however, I would much rather have spent that money on completing my sims 3 collection!
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    no
    Why do folk think that because 4 is crap, 5 will be brilliant?
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited November 2020
    yes
    I'd like another instalment but I have low expectations for 5. Honestly not sure why people think it'll be amazing and great value for money as EA is very much still there. With 4 they've seen they can push out tons of half baked packs per year and people will buy every one so why would they change?

I probably wouldn't play with it even if it did come out though because my favorite pack has always been island living/paradise and both were released 4 years into development
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Given that certain religions and other group are getting pander to it would make Sims 5 a nightmare. A giant fashion show that is online and the Sims family thrown under the bus. I'll pass. Thanks.
  • Options
    SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    no
    I'm happy with the Sims 4 and now they've released a pack I've always wanted (Snowy Escape) I'll probably stick with Sims 4 for a while even if they did release a Sims 5. There wasn't a snow vacation themed pack in Sims 2 or 3 so if they do make a 5, they better make a pack like this for it too.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    no
    Having spent 3 days trying to get Sims 3 to run again and recognise my store content without success after downloading it all again, I've come back to the reliable (for me) Sims 4. It's not a case of hating any other iterations, I just cannot play them without problems. I enjoyed them all, from The Sims to Sims3 when the OS supported them properly.

I'm not getting a Sims 5. I've had enough already.
  • Options
    IsariIsari Posts: 69 Member
    no
    No, the gameplay is getting worse and worse with each generation, I'm afraid how little personality sims will have in the sims 5. They should fix ts4 first in my opinion.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    yes
    Maybe, if Paradox doesn't release a better Life Simulation game, with everything we ever wanted for half the price and completely kill the Sims franchise like what happened with SimCity.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    edited December 2020
    no
    Unfortunately, you can't please all the fans. 3s a good game to use as an example here. It introduced some REALLY good ideas like open world, CAST, but it also made the game run horribly at times no matter how good your system is. Its removal in 4 angered old fans who want it, yet some people don't want it because it'll possibly cause huge lag again. Or 2. Some people HATED fears but people like me enjoyed its inclusion.

The big thing is, if you try to appeal to all fans in a gameplay front it'll really be difficult to pull off without riling up all communities more.

I'd prefer to settle with the older Sims games for another few years while TS5 actually takes some long dev time. Like how the Sims 2 got pushed back another while to have the aspiration feature added
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    yes
    I'm happy with the Sims 4 and now they've released a pack I've always wanted (Snowy Escape) I'll probably stick with Sims 4 for a while even if they did release a Sims 5. There wasn't a snow vacation themed pack in Sims 2 or 3 so if they do make a 5, they better make a pack like this for it too.

There hasn't been an official snow vacation theme in Sims 2 or 3 because we can actually make it ourselves in those games, lol!

• Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    no
    Alwe1507 wrote: »
    This question has been done to death 😂

Agreed, I am in no hurry for Sims 5, I am heavily financially invested in Sims 4 and am not interested in starting from scratch and I I still have a lot of the game I haven’t explored yet because I don’t play a single pack to death for three days after I buy it. I am still having great fun with this game and am in no hurry to see it off. I think there’s still a lot the devs can do with it both in terms of new dlc and enhancements and repairs to the base game.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    no
    I have Sims 2, Sims 3 and Sims 4 on my computer and I play each often. I have no desire or need to start over with Sims 5 at the moment, it would have to be something extra special from the get go to make me do so. If it is online like has been rumored then it will be a resounding No for me altogether.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Those that aren't looking forward to Sims 5, aren't going to be forced to transfer over to it, just like you weren't forced to transfer to TS3 or TS4. Will TS4 continue to be developed or have bug fixes after TS5 comes out? That's another issue, if going by past iterations, then I would say the devs would basically abandon TS4, bugs and all. But, if you're ok with how the game is now, then it should still be ok for you and you can continue to enjoy it and explore what you haven't yet done with it when TS5 comes out.

I'm looking forward TS5, if for no other reason than to just see what it will be like. Different art style? Less chunky objects with higher poly counts? No clay hair? Open world? Customizable world? Better personalities and AI? All life stages at release? Pools at release? Basements at release? Terrain Tools? Colorwheel and/or CASt? Always online?

If it's always online and multiplayer that will for sure decide for me whether I'll be getting it. If I wanted to play always online and be bothered by other people, I would just go back to Second Life.
  • Options
    CreativeMom88CreativeMom88 Posts: 53 Member
    I could not follow along with what was said. Multiple times saying Sims 1, 2, 3 & 4, and it's just one run on long sentence.
    Please someone clarify what friendlysimmers is saying.

What players need to realize first I'll say, is start saving your cash aside so you can afford to buy a new pc in the future. I will not be telling you what year, but this was a year to start saving up, but with the pandemic & many job losses, that puts a big dent in having folks start saving up. For many players, it'll take you up to 2-3 years to save up if you're low income.

I give you this heads up cuz I know they won't. Please take my advice & save up for a new pc or console device if you'll want Sims 5.
    And as with Sims 3 & 4, internet is needed to register your games, everyone should know by now that's a given, ya'll should expect that.

And unless EA gives the team the time they need to create a basegame that actually includes the basics, especially toddlers & pools, it won't be ready in time. There's NO need to rush Sims 5 at all! Products that get rushed are less in quality. Games that are given the time they need will have better quality. I appreciate a better quality made game, then one that gets rushed, causing bugs & glitches not to get fixed til afterwards.