Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA Says 2021 will be another big year for The Sims 4

Time to speculate. I am hopeful we'll finally get cars and sims we're not playing asking our sims to marry them in 2021

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,436 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    They say this every year.. and look what we got. (Star Wars for example). It's all just marketing Spiel and PR blablabla.

Hopefully we'll start getting stuff from the surveys now starting with Snowy Escape.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Didn't they said the same thing back in late 2019?
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Time to speculate. I am hopeful we'll finally get cars and sims we're not playing asking our sims to marry them in 2021

Cars would be nice. I know for a fact that cars can work in a closed world environment because Sims 2 had cars and Sims 3 Xbox 360 version and Sims 3 Pets Xbox 360 version had them also. And all three Sims games were in fact closed worlds.
  • Options
    0oglub_glubo00oglub_glubo0 Posts: 21 Member
    I'm also hoping that they'll expand gameplay around babies and add a height slider, because they're saying that they're working on it, but when is it going to come. I also hope it'll be base game.
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I'm hoping for growing pains from the survey with updated babies/kids/teens/elders. I also wouldn't mind a school game pack that adds daycare and schools for kids and teens. A romance pack that adds things around an attraction system. A couple of stuff packs like teen stuff or mansion and gardens.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    Another thing that would be nice is that they would focus more on game performance. Such as try compressing some of the larger files so that the game can run much smoother.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I'm hoping for growing pains from the survey with updated babies/kids/teens/elders. I also wouldn't mind a school game pack that adds daycare and schools for kids and teens. A romance pack that adds things around an attraction system. A couple of stuff packs like teen stuff or mansion and gardens.

I forgot about the growing pains. If they implement that it sounded super interesting
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    somehow I feel that by "strong year" they just mean financially, I don't think this statement has much to do with content. It's all about the sales they can make. Which is on brand for EA
    Here's the catch though. No new contents, no profit. And people are not likely to keep on buying the same thing over and over again. They are going to want some thing new once in a while. So yes new contents has to be part of the equation.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

I would really like that
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,420 Member
    It can only get better.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,018 Member
    edited November 2020
    well obviously they have to reassure everyone game is doing well and will be doing well in future i mean how else would you market the game

" no 2021 will be such a bad year for the game stop playing and go find ur old discs for other games or something"

but im very scared these days when i hear "big year" cause once you set expectations too high they will crash down in quite ugly fashion

I do have hopes we will see some cool updates in 2021 though
    seeing how even end of 2020 seems to be full of some good content despite some...rocky months

I just hope they keep on good track and don't "journey to batuu" again with packs in 2021...
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    It can only get better.
    I like the idea of getting better. But in what area are you wanting to see get better? The area of over all game performance or better contents?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,436 Member
    Imagine if they bring things to the Sims 4 Next Year like unplaybable sims asking our sims to marry them,The Brazil or Greek Island Packs and a Theme Park Expansion all from the surveys except Theme Parks. I would love somemore vacation spots like Brazil or a French Location if we get a Romance Pack. Oh and let's not forget Hotels and Resorts and More Pool Items like pool slides and pool waterfalls. I also hope we'll see photobooths return to TS4 in 2021.
  • Options
    Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    Vehicles and Photobooths maybe the first content for the 2021 Base Game Update.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Imagine if they bring things to the Sims 4 Next Year like unplaybable sims asking our sims to marry them,The Brazil or Greek Island Packs and a Theme Park Expansion all from the surveys except Theme Parks. I would love somemore vacation spots like Brazil or a French Location if we get a Romance Pack. Oh and let's not forget Hotels and Resorts and More Pool Items like pool slides and pool waterfalls. I also hope we'll see photobooths return to TS4 in 2021.
    Oh I would love to have a Greek island themed pack. I use to try to make a Greek style house in S3.
    And some Greek inspired dishes too, such as gyros.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,420 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    It can only get better.
    I like the idea of getting better. But in what area are you wanting to see get better? The area of over all game performance or better contents?

I want bug fixes, body hair and something interesting to do for my Sims. I don't want more social social meta structure like clubs or NAPs. I hope lifestyles and sentiments won't ruin the game even further.
  • Options
    sunman502 wrote: »
    It can only get better.

I want bug fixes, body hair and something interesting to do for my Sims. I don't want more social social meta structure like clubs or NAPs. I hope lifestyles and sentiments won't ruin the game even further.
    Those are some good choices. I was just remembering when I took an air boat tour of the mangrove area of the Everglades and how cool it was two years. Then I suddenly thought about what fun and interesting story telling would come from having air boats for the sims to ride in in the game. So now I'm wanting air boats in the game.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Anything is possible, but it is true that they would not just say it will be a weak year. I feel it does confirm yet another year of 4, though, and not the debut of 5.

It's nice to be optimistic, but this year was strong in the EPs and updates for me. Weak in GPs and SPs (not awful, but not my cup of tea on the latter) for me. So, hoping they will bring it all the way around for 2021.
  • Options
    Calico45 wrote: »
    Anything is possible, but it is true that they would not just say it will be a weak year. I feel it does confirm yet another year of 4, though, and not the debut of 5.

It's nice to be optimistic, but this year was strong in the EPs and updates for me. Weak in GPs and SPs (not awful, but not my cup of tea on the latter) for me. So, hoping they will bring it all the way around for 2021.
    I remember back about a year or two ago. There was talk about Sims 4 ending soon. But then a SimGuru chimed in and said that Sims 4 isn't going anywhere in the foreseeable future.