Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you feel about the "Opposite Attracted" sentiment?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    netney52 wrote: »
    I don’t see what the issue is. Opposites attract in real life whether that is friendships, romantic relationships, work relationships etc. If anything it adds more realism to the game a lot of simmers ask for.

I feel the same. It can be challenge to deal with opposite traits and a fun way to have different Sims in one household.

I agree I have one household which spring to mind who are very much opposite the guy is outgoing and flirty and the female is a loner and not romantic at all and they now have a baby. It adds more interesting gameplay and households.
  • Options
    LeaselmaryLeaselmary Posts: 108 Member
    edited November 2020
    It's ok. If you make opposite sims date each other it's nice that they recognise it.

And Sims 4 does have memories since the base game. It's very inconvinient to use and most players don't know it exist, but it does have memories. How it works - you make a screenshot, go to sreenshots and turn a screenshot into memory. You can select whose memory it is. The game can tell if i is a happy memory or flirty or angry.

What memories really need is the ability to filter memories by sim. Than it would work fine.
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I think my concern has been misunderstood. Yes, of course I can date someone that likes onions, even thoug I don't like it. But I'm talking about a sim who hates children marrying someone that lieks children and their chemistry saying that they are great opposites, when in fact they would find it hard to maintain a healthy relationship.
    Someone that is neat would be constantly annoyed by someone who has a slob behaviour and is lazy enough not to wash their stuff. Not that they wouldn't ever be together, but they would have it harder, not easier and not happier than people who match their expectations.
    No one will ever match you 100%, and no one should expect that. But I don't see how an evil sim and a good sim would have a prettier, healthier and easier marriage.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Not concerned at all. Maybe there is a way to turn them off in 'game options'.
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I'm pretty sure that sentiment only occurs if you make opposite sims be romantic first.
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Ooh I get what you mean now, no i dont think for an example evil and good sim would go well together and a family oriented sim and a hates children sim would go well together, however sims in the sims 4 dont flirt autonomously unless your sim does it first, I agree with @Simtown15
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    I was watching this video by ironseagull, and I noticed this sentiment for the first time. But I don't feel cool about it. Like, in my experience, opposites don't attract when it comes to dating, and even in Sims 3 if two sims had opposing traits, it would be harder for them to get together, not easier. I'm really concerned about this sentiment.

Edit: In real life there are some people who like more challenging romantic interests, and some people who seek for people that are completely different than they are, so to me it would be ok if it wasn't something every sim could achieve, like if this was a perk/quirk/advantage of a trait. maybe adventurous (for those sims who like a challenge), or seducer (for those flirty sims who don't want any barriers when dating)... etc.

We've already got that in game -- just look at Bob and Eliza Pancakes and their traits.

Several saves ago, I did an experiment. I played the two of them long enough to get them in a bad relationship, then divorced them. I moved them out of the family home into different worlds (Bob, IIRC, was in Oasis Springs and Eliza was in a nice little cottage in Windenburg) and then played my other family to see whom MCCC would pair them with; I turned on marriage notifications so I could keep track of them.

MCCC married them to each other.

Can't stop fate, I guess. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)