Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are male sims lacking in this game??

Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
Do you think male sims (all ages) are lacking in this game? (Ex. CAS items, interactions)

What do you think needs to be improved for them?

Are male sims lacking in this game?? 232 votes

Yes
75% 175 votes
No
24% 57 votes

Comments

• Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,128 Member
    Seems pretty equal to me
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    If anything there are too many of them.

Of course if there are not enough of something be it male, female, dog, cat -
    you can always make more in CAS or download them from the Gallery.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    What's the motive behind this poll?
  • Options
    AnnLee87 wrote: »

The plot thickens.
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    edited October 2020
    I generally only play female sims unless I need a "donor" for kids. Even then, it's usually a random hookup. Male sims just look too plastic for me to like. The beards are awful, the clothes are boxy or the pants fit weird. Clothes have never looked good on male sims. Nothing fits right.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Male Sims need pants that stretch past their ankles.

Yes! We don't all wear tight fitting, slightly too short trousers!! (Pants - US 😉)
  • Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    Yes, and it was even worse in Sims 3.

I mean sure you can create good looking male sims, but if you play with multiple male Sims dressing them so they look good and are not all dressed the same without using cc is a challenge. I almost exclusively make male Sims, cause I don't like most premades, and I really wish I had more to work with fashion wise. The hats are especially bad.

I would be happy if they just gave us better jeans, nicer suits, and more workout options.
  • Options
    OceancatOceancat Posts: 21 Member
    I think so, every new pack focuses mostly on female YA sims
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited October 2020
    The males need more clothing variety. There are a few options but they all look so much the same to me. I know they can wear the female clothes too and that does open up a few more options, but it would be nice to see them get a little bit more tailored to them that doesn't look like something from another pack.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    Flexono1 wrote: »
    bulge slider when :D equality an' all that

That's fair. We can change the proportions of the women, so why not men?
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited October 2020

This I'd love to see. :wink:
    We females got too much going for us anyway. :p I think it's high time the fella's get some attention and better clothing choices.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,468 Member

That's fair. We can change the proportions of the women, so why not men?
    Indeed I wonder. Equality is one thing. What about representation ‘n all...🧐
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    AnnLee87 wrote: »

The plot thickens.

🤣🤣 I know lol
  • Options
    A more important question is: where the heck is the body hair?

I agree with you, I like my men sims too have hairy legs and arms and too be more manly 😂 @CAPTAIN_NXR7
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited October 2020
    Definitely the cas is so limited compared to females and then gets even worse for male kids and toddlers. For a while I’ve noticed we get very few single male sims and rarely have them as the forefront in the trailers. We need more for our male sims and I’m worried we won’t get them as the game seems so geared towards females and especially young adult females. I really wanted the snowy escape gameplay trailer to be the little boy from the initial trailer as the narrative as it would have been different and shown more family gameplay. Instead we got another young adult female sim 😞
  • Options
    And most of the mens Jean's are like really tight and looking like their cat has died 😂 maybe baggy them up abit soo they would look more comfortable and put passed their ankles
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,406 Member
    And by the way the new trailer is a complete flop men-wise.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,468 Member

That trailer isn’t even made for men. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Honestly though, the men do need some love, body hair, better clothes and actual better hair options. Don't get me wrong. I love some of the hair and shirts they have but those pants make them look like they are fighting floods on a daily basis.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    There are a few things I'd like to see more of with regards to male sims.

Beauty. Sometimes you want pretty sims in the game. Female sims are by default usually very pretty or cute from the get-go but the male sims by default require major overhauls and a lot of fiddling to remove the dorky to full-on yikes. I'd like to see good looking male sims turn up more often in cas and the random townies.

Eligible bachelors. There aren't quite enough of them. In old and new packs, there are lots of couples and unattached female sims (I'm talking about key characters and the ones who are the usual sims you see around) but not as many unattached male sims, I'd like to see more single male sims. They should not have the noncommittal trait either.

Bare ankles. I'd love to see more long pants for male sims. Most of the pants are too short, like above the ankles too short, and you can only pair them with boots or you get a Steve Urkle thing going on. It's hard to be hip in highwaters.

Voices. I'd love to have a few more voice tones to choose from. There's one I never use because all I hear is Homer Simpson and I totally can't take Homer seriously. That voice is forever typecast and can not be used for anyone but Homer. ;)

• Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited October 2020

That trailer isn’t even made for men. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Certainly not, but I also can't imagine that women like this kind of agitated voice acting they give us since Island Living. Perhaps American taste?