Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mt Komorebi World Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Well, anyone here who has been reading my replies to the many world-related threads will know that I've been whining about not having a proper cold world ever since Seasons came out without one. So I'm really excited about this! The Asian architecture is a plus, because that was my second most wanted world. Perhaps now I can finally build the Barkhang Monastery from Tomb Raider II in a fitting environment.

Can't wait for the trailer, which will probably come out around 5 pm where I live. Can the day please go by faster?

No skidoos/snowmobiles though :disappointed:
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    @GracieO312 Yeah, too bad. :( But hey, maybe someone will make a mod that turns bikes into snowmobiles to get around in the mountains!
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    @GrumpyGlowfish I really thought they would as well because of the jet skis from Island Living! Maybe the skiing/snowboarding took too much animation budget? At least I can make a snowboarding Cloud now though so that's something at least...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Edd-UlNzSXw

Just not this, unfortunately...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGHAzSsL_ac

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    @GracieO312 Yeah, too bad. :( But hey, maybe someone will make a mod that turns bikes into snowmobiles to get around in the mountains!

Someone already has Arnie.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Hope I don't have to eat sushi to get the lifestyles feature.
  • Options
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Hope I don't have to eat sushi to get the lifestyles feature.

You won't.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    The world team, as usual, did a great job building this beautiful world.

I think the big gray lot in the top neighborhood is a state park where the rock climbing mountain might be located. If there is no Yeti, I plan to add the mine entrance to it and have my Yeti live there and try to frighten away interlopers.

I think the lot to the left of that lot is possibly the new bathhouse venue as it seems to be located in a snowy setting in all the pictures.

I plan on adding a Japanese restaurant to the lowest neighborhood cause shredders gotta eat, right?
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    2016112219435619095.jpg

Must see Capybaras in the hotspring
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    What if there a lot or two under Lilsimsie pink square? 🤔
  • Options
    quinhobp wrote: »
    What if there a lot or two under Lilsimsie pink square? 🤔

I doubt if there are more than the 14 that we can clearly see. But I'm happy with 14, I think that's more than I would be thinking now if lilsimsie hadn't leaked the map.

For me, four of the five in the bottom neighborhood will be residential lots with the fifth being the rental.

In the middle neighborhood, I'll have one rental and one residential. Another will be a karaoke lounge and the forth will be a Japanese restaurant. The fifth lot, the one that's incomplete, if it is a park like the area of the trailer where two sims are sitting on a bench and holding hands, will stay a park. If it isn't that area but something else, I'll make it another residential lot.

In the top neighborhood, if the far right lot is a state park, it will stay a state park. The one to it's left appears to be the new bathhouse lot, which will stay. The two on the other side of the gondola building will be high end residential lots.

I hope they go over the nap and show us lot sizes and the neighborhood names for the lantern, the archway and the mountain peak.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    The fifth lot, the one that's incomplete, if it is a park like the area of the trailer where two sims are sitting on a bench and holding hands, will stay a park. If it isn't that area but something else, I'll make it another residential lot.

I think I saw two tents in this incomplete lot, when I zoomed the map, yes possible a park but, maybe with camping feature? Don’t remember if it exists
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Perhaps it’s like the campground area in Granite Falls, from Outdoor Retreat.
  • Options
    Perhaps it’s like the campground area in Granite Falls, from Outdoor Retreat.

It is a lot like it in the snowy region and some to the south with the lakes.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    The fifth lot, the one that's incomplete, if it is a park like the area of the trailer where two sims are sitting on a bench and holding hands, will stay a park. If it isn't that area but something else, I'll make it another residential lot.

I think I saw two tents in this incomplete lot, when I zoomed the map, yes possible a park but, maybe with camping feature? Don’t remember if it exists

I don't think those orange objects are tents. I believe them to be those map signposts that appear in the trailer. We do not know what it's lot type is, so, it could be any type of unfinished lot. There appears to be two red trees and a building of some kind. It is located across the path from the graveyard, so, it could be a park that leads to that.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    So, destination or residential world? What do you think? This is giving me a lot of thoughts:
    - if it is a destination world, will we be able to buy vacation homes in the other destination worlds?
    - if it is a residential world, will we be able to add rental lots to the other residential worlds?
  • Options
    s1mszzangs1mszzang Posts: 797 Member
    troshalom wrote: »
    2016112219435619095.jpg

Must see Capybaras in the hotspring
    jigokudani-snow-monkeys_undercrimson_iStock-156265724-770x511.jpg
    More like this monkey :smiley:
  • Options
  • Options
    purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

I was just about to post this; you beat me to it!

Also, Sims team, please do this for all future packs that come with new worlds! Finally, we don't have to speculate over what is/isn't a lot and what lot types there are.
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • Options

And.... confirmed!
    By the way, a great tool provided by ea, loving this interactive map.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    The world looks so beautiful. I’ve always wanted an Asian themed world. I’m really looking forward for my sims to go there.
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    So new lot type is the bathhouse then?
  • Options

And.... confirmed!
    By the way, a great tool provided by ea, loving this interactive map.

It doesn't work so well on my android phone. It probably works great on pc though.