Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mt Komorebi World Discussion Thread

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,418 Member
Hopefully the trailer will reveal details about this world Tomorrow. This is the place to discuss this world that is coming with the Snowy Escape.

Comments

• Options
    quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    If confirmed the neighborhood that seems like the swiss alps, then I think the “Mt Komorebi Simsie” will become one of my favorites worlds
  • Options
    AlpineCuriosityAlpineCuriosity Posts: 2,521 Member
    I love everything so far! My sims are going to spend a looot of time in this world for sure ^^
  • Options
    I wonder if it will snow in the part that don't have snow in the winter.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited October 2020
    I hope the ski lift isn't a rabbit hole.... I'd love to be able to get a bird's eyeview of the mountaintop (and the town below) as we're riding up the ski lift.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    I hope the ski lift isn't a rabbit hole.... I'd love to be able to get a bird's eyeview of the mountaintop (and the town below) as we're riding up the ski lift.

Agreed but I don't think the game engine will support letting us see sims in the air. The space ship our sims can fly in Battu is a rabbithole unforutanly but we'll see.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I did find the amount of lots a but small unfortunately. That's my only complaint. I actually really dig the Asian theme
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    edited October 2020
    I tried to enlarge the world image and depixelate it with a tool, well, don't know if worked well, but in case someone want to take a look...

enlarge-4x-Ejpj-Cxj-X0-AAg45.jpg

can download the image here (6MB): https://ibb.co/0JW9wHj

if we figure out this is not the true world (somehow???), i delete this
  • Options
    MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    I love the snow neighbourhood, and that bottom right neighbourhood of green! I don’t usually live in the concrete sections, but maybe it could be nice to put all of my bars/shops/lounges there?

What do you guys think the very top right lot is? In the snow, big grey square. It looks residential, but it has no house?
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,441 Member
    I love the snow neighbourhood, and that bottom right neighbourhood of green! I don’t usually live in the concrete sections, but maybe it could be nice to put all of my bars/shops/lounges there?

What do you guys think the very top right lot is? In the snow, big grey square. It looks residential, but it has no house?

Maybe it's a cave where Yeti lives or a natural hot springs park. The ground terrain looks like rock.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Well, anyone here who has been reading my replies to the many world-related threads will know that I've been whining about not having a proper cold world ever since Seasons came out without one. So I'm really excited about this! The Asian architecture is a plus, because that was my second most wanted world. Perhaps now I can finally build the Barkhang Monastery from Tomb Raider II in a fitting environment.

Can't wait for the trailer, which will probably come out around 5 pm where I live. Can the day please go by faster?
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,148 Member
    It looks like japanese inspired, somehow I hope now to see some apes in a hot spring.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member

Is there going to be snow skiing? I only saw a pic of sledding and snowboarding. Skiing would be cool, I wonder if they have to skill up to be good at it or if they will automatically be a pro. It would be fun to see inept sims roll down the hill because they couldn't stand up on their skis. LOL
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,410 Member

Is there going to be snow skiing? I only saw a pic of sledding and snowboarding. Skiing would be cool, I wonder if they have to skill up to be good at it or if they will automatically be a pro. It would be fun to see inept sims roll down the hill because they couldn't stand up on their skis. LOL

We got to vote on the features a while back and skiing was one of the options. Sadly I don't think it made the cut since we're not seeing it in the pictures.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,441 Member
    edited October 2020
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    A snow-activity pack without skiing would just be absurd.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,915 Member
    edited October 2020
    quinhobp wrote: »
    I tried to enlarge the world image and depixelate it with a tool, well, don't know if worked well, but in case someone want to take a look...

enlarge-4x-Ejpj-Cxj-X0-AAg45.jpg

can download the image here (6MB): https://ibb.co/0JW9wHj

if we figure out this is not the true world (somehow???), i delete this

At the top of the picture it has the legend "Summit World" so your guess is as good as mine. It could be an earlier render for the game-changers to build their houses for the game on. They've changed the name since it appears.

I used Windows paint on a copy which worked well when zoomed!
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I wanted more activities for so long 😍😍😍😍😍
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Yes, skiing was confirmed in the trailer!
  • Options
    The blog said the world has rental lots plural.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    It gives me Shang Simla vibes

9N4m2AK.png
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,358 Member
    Not since I saw the pack info for Jungle Adventures (The pack was already released by the time I started playing) have I been excited about exploring a Sim World.

Selvadorada may be my favorite world, but this looks likely to be a close second - and when you take into account that I generally don't like snow and cold, that's saying something. I'm going to be very curious to see how Seasons impacts things.
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I hope the festival mentioned in the blog quiz is similar to the Sapporo snow festival. This world is just perfect for it!
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    A snow-activity pack without skiing would just be absurd.

In fact, there is. Check out for more details on this blog.

OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I hope the festival mentioned in the blog quiz is similar to the Sapporo snow festival. This world is just perfect for it!

Yep, when I first saw the teaser, I've mentioned that it's inspired by Hokkaido, then the trailer has confirmed my assumption! :D
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited October 2020

I think it'll just be the case that your sims will go into the lift, you wont be able to see them in it but the camera will follow them until it gets to the top. If the leak is real it looks like there's multiple lots in the mountain area so your sim could stay in one of the lots up there and use the ski lift and the winter sports without a loading screen

Guessing with the train it'll work so your sim walks over to it, gets in and then it leaves followed by a loading screen and you arrive at the next area, similar to how you can travel around the world in Brindleton without going to map view.