Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions for the Livestream

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Can the ski lift and ski ramps be placed in any world for traveling from one place to another via buydebug?
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    ooh @catloverplayer

I never thought of that just imagine a ski mountain in outdoor retreat (or anywhere that would be awesome-) :)
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    What are activities that sims can do TOGETHER?
    Beside sledding I guess..
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited October 2020
    It has been asked before, I just really want them to answer it:

How does the plattform work?
    Can we build different levels; or is it an object?
    It looks like sims recognizes objects placed on the plattform, while standing on the lower level; does that mean we can build stages with the audience staying put in front while still being able to interact with the display, hearing music etc? Or does it count as a separate room?

Will the sims take off their shoes indoors?
    Is it tied to an object or something else?

Is there a new graveyard lot for building use by the player? Is it safe to add sim's grave stones/urns to it?

Thank you, I think this pack seems wonderful.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I would imagine that you can place those ski gondolas just as freely as you can the streetcar or the riverboat.
  • Options
    If we ever get theme parks those gondelas will come in handy.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited October 2020
    If no one has asked I finally have a question. Will sims be able to walk together and sight see side by side like in the trailer?
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    If no one has asked I finally have a question. Will sims be able to walk together and sight see side by side like in the trailer?

If they finally do that I hope beyond hope we can get slow dancing back again :)
  • Options
    The biggest, most important question of all: Will the beloved S2 penguin be making a comeback in this pack? If not, why not?
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Is there a igoloo?
    Is there new romantic interactions?
    Is there a new lifestate?

Okay, I gotta ask not the Gurus but the people asking ... why would there be an igloo in a world based on Japan? I mean, I assume you're asking because there was one in a previous game, but as Igloos are Candadian Inuit and Snowy Escape is based on Japan, I'm going to guess no.

Sorry for distracting from the purpose of the thread.

Were talking about the snowy part of the world and igloos should return.

That's not how it works. But then again, some people think Penguins and Polar Bears live together.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited October 2020
    Is there a igoloo?

Okay, I gotta ask not the Gurus but the people asking ... why would there be an igloo in a world based on Japan? I mean, I assume you're asking because there was one in a previous game, but as Igloos are Candadian Inuit and Snowy Escape is based on Japan, I'm going to guess no.

Were talking about the snowy part of the world and igloos should return.

Yes, there's snow. Most Snow-bound cultures don't actually have Igloos. As I said, they're particular to the Canadian Inuit. I'd be having the same reaction if Snowy Escape was based on Norway - and at least the Norse had colonies in what is now Canada at one time.

The logic just escapes me, but hey, if they return it could be fun, if a bit out of place.

Justin wrote: »
    Is there a igoloo?

Does it hurt to ask though? Lol

Only if people are going to be upset if they're not included.

It would be dumb for them to be upset over. I think if we would of gotten igloos we should of gotten it with seasons. Since we were able to create our own in sims 3 seasons.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    The biggest, most important question of all: Will the beloved S2 penguin be making a comeback in this pack? If not, why not?

Hopefully. We had a penguin knitted Object in Nifty Knitting so maybe.
  • Options
    KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    edited October 2020
    I wonder what new careers are in this pack? I saw one sentence about projects. Is it home designer?
    Post edited by Khrisstyne on
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

That's the question right there isn't it? These sims have never felt like they are TOGETHER on anything.
    They still can't even dance together. (face each other)
  • Options
    fullspiral wrote: »

That's the question right there isn't it? These sims have never felt like they are TOGETHER on anything.

Yes sad isnt it?
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

The most Together thing that exists in Sims 4 is the countdown to midnight on new years eve.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Those spirits shown in the trailer that only kids can see. Can the kids interact with them? And the kids bring those spirits home with them?
  • Options
    TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Those spirits shown in the trailer that only kids can see. Can the kids interact with them? And the kids bring those spirits home with them?

I have a hunch that bowing at shrines used to be a way to interact with them.
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Could you ask if they are replacing the Bowing interaction with something else? I don’t want to be shortchanged on gameplay.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Could a Japanese player let us know if there are other interactions that would be suitable with the shrine apart from bowing? Can sims ask for happiness or something like with the wishing well? Maybe meditate and get a focused mood?
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Is the bridge a build/buy object?
  • Options
    Does it snow in the Summer in the snowy location?
  • Options

The mountain top will always be snowy, but, the other two neighborhoods, with Seasons installed, will have all four seasons.
  • Options
    TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    edited October 2020
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Can sims ask for happiness or something like with the wishing well?

This is generally what you're already doing at a shrine, asking for good fortune. Bowing or clapping are the motions you make while doing so. Clapping might offend South Koreans too, though.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

The mountain top will always be snowy, but, the other two neighborhoods, with Seasons installed, will have all four seasons.

I'm talking about the part of the world that always has snow on the ground not just the mountain top.