Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hotels

Comments

• Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I've made a hotel. I just made it a restaurant and put rooms upstairs. It works since hotels have restaurant in them
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    What about AirBnb I want to add that in some places in Europe this type of rent is banned or limited or close to be banned. For example Palma de Mallorca, Barcelona and another regions and cities in Spain are working on it. I am not sure that they want to limit that in whole kingdom, but I know that popular places want to ban this. Due to that I preffere to have hotels too in my game, because I want to more diversity :)
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited October 2020
    All they needed to do for a hotel is to give us a reception desk for signing in so that we could rent a room like we could do in Bon Voyage for Sims 2. I really enjoyed sending my Sims on holiday. That had Vacation Homes, Hotels, and Campgrounds. None of my relatives, in real life, liked renting apartments or houses on holiday. They wanted to be pampered with room service! :)

With Dine Out I suppose one could add rooms above the restaurant as suggested above and with Spa Day stuff one could have a separate room for the pampering and a couple of bedrooms and a kitchen.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    All they needed to do for a hotel is to give us a reception desk for signing in so that we could rent a room like we could do in Bon Voyage for Sims 2. I really enjoyed sending my Sims on holiday. That had Vacation Homes, Hotels, and Campgrounds. None of my relatives, in real life, liked renting apartments or houses on holiday. They wanted to be pampered with room service! :)

With Dine Out I suppose one could add rooms above the restaurant as suggested above and with Spa Day stuff one could have a separate room for the pampering and a couple of bedrooms and a kitchen.

Rooms above restaurants and spa work great as long as you don't add stuff to them to attract lots of other sims. I loved the room service in Bon Voyage, my sims used to order lobster thermidore and eat it on their balcony overlooking the ocean. :lol:
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited October 2020
    crocobaura wrote: »

Rooms above restaurants and spa work great as long as you don't add stuff to them to attract lots of other sims. I loved the room service in Bon Voyage, my sims used to order lobster thermidore and eat it on their balcony overlooking the ocean. :lol:

Don't the lockers in Spa Day attract the number of visitors? I alway put lots of those in, plus changing rooms when I build one in Sulani. The more visitors the better I thought, so as to make more friends.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

Don't the lockers in Spa Day attract the number of visitors? I alway put lots of those in, plus changing rooms when I build one in Sulani. The more visitors the better I thought, so as to make more friends.

Well, if you want to designate some rooms as hotel bedrooms, don't put any items in them that would attract other sims in while your sim is using them, things like TV, game console, etc. You can add the locker to the spa, but not in the guest bedroom.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited October 2020
    I don't understand why the Sims team can't make hotels like dorms from Discover University. You check in at the front desk, and select the door of the room you want to stay in. The room becomes yours, and you pay every night of your stay.
    You could even add a buffet in the lobby that people could get food from. This is also a feature from Discover University.
    If we can make dormitories, there's no reason we shouldn't be able to build hotels.
    I think Maxis/ EA are either cheap or lazy for not putting this in; all the tools are already in the game!

*They do need to find a way to permanently lock doors, so when your sim leaves the hotel lot, the locks don't reset.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    logion wrote: »
    I'm starting to wonder if it is possible to add hotels to the sims4 and do them well. I'm sure they could add some simpler version of it but could they add one where sims walk around and behave like guests and staff walk around and do tasks?

They could base it off the apartment model, or university. Where you pick a room to rent and the others are filled by the game.

Kind of like S3 adventures. Except I wouldn't want my sims having to cook each meal...just go down to the dining room and order.

But it would be different than just a rental lot because it would "feel" busier and there would be other travelers there to meet.
  • Options
    YunaYuna Posts: 231 Member
    I think they add hotels with a french-romance pack or something.
  • Options
    TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    What about AirBnb I want to add that in some places in Europe this type of rent is banned or limited or close to be banned.

AirBnb listings in Japan are required to be licensed and registered with the government.

• Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    It is so weird that they won't add resorts/hotesl to this pack, what a lost opportunity. But at the same time I'm starting to feel like this pack only exists as a way for them to add that "lifestyle & sentiments" feature, cuz everything else seems like it could fit in a game pack, maybe they spent the other half of their effort into this personality feature.

Exactly! The only interesting feature that should be BG is locked behind a 40 dollar paywall while the other stuff feels like a GP. I also feel like they tried to do 2 themes in one EP: A Japanese theme and a Snow vacation theme.

Well actually Japan is known for its mountain/snowy tourist destinations so in that respect I think it makes sense to mesh the two together!
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    edited October 2020
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I'm starting to wonder if it is possible to add hotels to the sims4 and do them well. I'm sure they could add some simpler version of it but could they add one where sims walk around and behave like guests and staff walk around and do tasks?

They could base it off the apartment model, or university. Where you pick a room to rent and the others are filled by the game.

Kind of like S3 adventures. Except I wouldn't want my sims having to cook each meal...just go down to the dining room and order.

But it would be different than just a rental lot because it would "feel" busier and there would be other travelers there to meet.

Yes! Also they’ve already asked in a past survey if we’d want Hotels (with room service!!) so I know that they are capable of doing it. It may possibly be tricky, idk, but they knew that they are capable of adding it.
  • Options
    asa144asa144 Posts: 606 Member
    There is actually a hotel/resort mod. Haven't tried it out yet but it doesn't look like you can book a room exclusively for your household. Still better than nothing so kudos to the creator!
  • Options
    pallies1pallies1 Posts: 326 Member
    Lilsimsie showed a tweet that the sims team has hinted hotels! Watch her trailer reaction on yt, at 11:22 she shows the tweet. Someone from the community asks SimGuruGraham about snow depth and if there will be any hotels, and he only answers that there will be no snow depth (possible meaning that there will be hotels?!) We have to cross our fingers for that!
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Don't we already have Airbnbs in the game? I can see no difference between the rental system and Airbnbs.

I don't think hotels are coming. SimGuruGraham probably just didn't say it off the bat because it would bring hate to the pack, so they're waiting for the livestream to say there will be no hotels, because at least the livestream will show a lot more than the trailer, and the pack won't get so much hate after that.

As I said in another thread, I'm not sure how to feel about them adding the rental system to all the worlds. Since Mt. Komorebi will be both a residential and a vacation world, I'm assuming we can visit it any time, like we do with the other livable worlds. So, if I live in San Myshuno and want to go snowboarding, I can just go there and spend the day, without paying for a vacation, and just come back home at the end of the day. Same thing with Sulani. Why would I pay for a vacation there if I can go to the beach for free any given day?
  • Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    Don't we already have Airbnbs in the game? I can see no difference between the rental system and Airbnbs.

I hope a Sims airbnb would mean owing a second property, not having to pay each time sims go on holiday. I pretty much make vacation homes now on retail lots that never open. It would be nice if you could just own the second home and possibly make some money renting if they gave us a bnb option.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I can just go there and spend the day, without paying for a vacation, and just come back home at the end of the day. Same thing with Sulani. Why would I pay for a vacation there if I can go to the beach for free any given day?

@WallSims4ever

1. It's more realistic to pay for your vacation
    2. Sometimes I want to stay longer than one day and need a place to stay
    3. Putting beds or tents at a beach lot or restaurant lot just doesn't work the same,
    4. I want to own a vacation home without having to move out from my house
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    edited October 2020
    m_rieux wrote: »
    I personally don't think it makes sense to add in hotels. In real life AirBnb is becoming a way more popular way to stay when travelling. I know personally I never stay in them anymore, and prefer to rent AirBnb every time. What I would prefer is that they make rental lots available in every world, and as an added bonus, it would be cool if our sims could own those rental lots and make money that way.

Just my preference.

AirBnb is destroying the rental market, I'd suggest not using them anymore. Stay in hotels. Keep apartments and homes available for people who need a place to live instead of having empty homes purchased just to rent out for a day or two to strangers.

Anyways, I want a resort and hotel because an AirBnb doesn't give me the ability to have a cool lobby and see guests check in and use pools and amenities in a resort. Have cool staff like bellboys and room cleaners.
  • Options
    QueenEbony1113QueenEbony1113 Posts: 380 Member
    I guess if they don't give us hotels in the near future, one workaround (at least for owning a hotel, not staying in one) is to build your own hotel, but you have to live in it (residential lot), and use the roommate feature in DU to have "hotel guests"? It's not a perfect simulation of the concept, but it's better than nothing. Since I don't have DU, and one of my fave households to play is the Hotel Cortez from American Horror Story, I have my Sims lure unsuspecting passersby into the hotel and lock them in rooms. It's still fun in a way, haha. Of course this method works for this kind of storyline, but my Sims don't earn money from the guests. Not directly, anyway. I guess you can pretend that they are by cheating money per day the Sim stays in the room (if not using the roommate feature). Though once you play another household, the trapped Sims escape or teleport out of the room they were in. I mean you could technically own a restaurant and build it as a hotel but the customers will come in, eat, pay and leave, and will only use the beds when sleepy (or if you have autonomous WooHoo turned on via MCCC) and won't really stay overnight.
    2bcb85bc6df30a1fc5a19f876b8e2f22.jpg
    My real name isn't actually Ebony!
    Mainly a Fandom Simmer!
    I'd totally make Sims videos of the characters in my game but I don't know what to call my channel!
    Twitter: FrerardChild
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    There are rental homes in the world.

Those are not even things they had to program, they already had them in Outdoor Retreat.

It depends ... If we can place rental lots in every world now it would be one of the biggest steps in TS4 history.

That’s just sad. Rentals were in the first DLC pack for this game, and they were accidentally enabled in Sulani before the devs disabled it citing their mistake. With all that in mind it seems like this didn’t take much to enable (since they managed to do it by accident last year) and I don’t consider this a big step. Like not even worth a mention. Outside of Sulani I don’t see much vacation potential in any of the home worlds. Hotels would have been no better but that would require them to do work they clearly don’t want to do.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Coconut27 wrote: »
    It is so weird that they won't add resorts/hotesl to this pack, what a lost opportunity. But at the same time I'm starting to feel like this pack only exists as a way for them to add that "lifestyle & sentiments" feature, cuz everything else seems like it could fit in a game pack, maybe they spent the other half of their effort into this personality feature.

Exactly! The only interesting feature that should be BG is locked behind a 40 dollar paywall while the other stuff feels like a GP. I also feel like they tried to do 2 themes in one EP: A Japanese theme and a Snow vacation theme.

Well actually Japan is known for its mountain/snowy tourist destinations so in that respect I think it makes sense to mesh the two together!

Japan is hardly the only place for winter sports, and it’s far from anyone’s first thought. The two conflicting themes really don’t mesh well since only one zone and 3 activities involve snow. The bulk of this pack is Japan in summertime, just look at the trailer. I don’t enjoy cultures being appropriated for entertainment, but escape to Japan should have been it’s own thing instead of taking over what’s advertised as a snowy pack.
  • Options
    Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    Coconut27 wrote: »

Japan is hardly the only place for winter sports, and it’s far from anyone’s first thought. The two conflicting themes really don’t mesh well since only one zone and 3 activities involve snow. The bulk of this pack is Japan in summertime, just look at the trailer. I don’t enjoy cultures being appropriated for entertainment, but escape to Japan should have been it’s own thing instead of taking over what’s advertised as a snowy pack.

You dislike cultures for entertainmnet? What is so bad about thus? So I can play only slavic Sims?
  • Options
    waxesnostalgicwaxesnostalgic Posts: 38 Member
    Japan has lot of ski resorts. I was reading the Japan-guide site on “Snow in Japan” and it reads like an advertisement for this pack. XD (I’m new so I can’t do a link).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited October 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I don’t see why not they’ve had them in other sims series, and it wouldn’t be that much different than restaurants. I remember one series had a buffet table for sims to eat from too, also had fair games in one. I just hope we can build and change them around if we want.