Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hotels

SeanBobbyGSeanBobbyG Posts: 112 Member
I didnt see any hotels ? Surely they would have mentioned / shown them ... dont get whats so great about it if we dont get them.

Comments

• quinhobpquinhobp Posts: 220 Member
    Trivago
  • asa144asa144 Posts: 606 Member
    Just another opportunity for them to make $40 off of everybody for a small amount of content.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited October 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    this is just awful, in my head resorts and cabins mesh with snowy worlds. ski resorts anyone???

how are they justifying making us pay 40 bucks for the japanese version of jungle adventure
  • ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    You guys are surprised? They usually give us very little content for $40. This isn't surprising. Already called it before the trailer.
    He/Him
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    There are rental homes in the world.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    What is the big deal with hotels? They aren't even that interesting.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member

Those are not even things they had to program, they already had them in Outdoor Retreat.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member

Those are not even things they had to program, they already had them in Outdoor Retreat.

It depends ... If we can place rental lots in every world now it would be one of the biggest steps in TS4 history.
    edited October 2020
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member

@PlayerSinger2010 You know the story of the Fox and the Grapes? :lol: That applies perfectly here.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

@PlayerSinger2010 You know the story of the Fox and the Grapes? :lol: That applies perfectly here.

Never heard of it.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    It is so weird that they won't add resorts/hotesl to this pack, what a lost opportunity. But at the same time I'm starting to feel like this pack only exists as a way for them to add that "lifestyle & sentiments" feature, cuz everything else seems like it could fit in a game pack, maybe they spent the other half of their effort into this personality feature.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    asa144 wrote: »
    Just another opportunity for them to make $40 off of everybody for a small amount of content.

Fax, one of the features is literally the build mode.......... bye! It looks really cool but why no hotels and whats this strange map icon on the leaked world map then? This pack is a bit dissapointing compared to what I expected. It falls in the GTW and C&D pile with me.

Their using rentals but you also have the option to live there. This is a mix of a destination world and residential world. I just hope that they add the option to add rentals to any world in the November Update.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member

Sulani needs one so our sims can vacation there without other sims walking uninvited into their house.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    It is so weird that they won't add resorts/hotesl to this pack, what a lost opportunity. But at the same time I'm starting to feel like this pack only exists as a way for them to add that "lifestyle & sentiments" feature, cuz everything else seems like it could fit in a game pack, maybe they spent the other half of their effort into this personality feature.

This lifestyle & sentiments feature better be good and not annoying... I can see my Sims having weird sentiments with other Sims and a strange lifestyle that doesn't fit their actual life because the feature is buggy.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    I'm starting to wonder if it is possible to add hotels to the sims4 and do them well. I'm sure they could add some simpler version of it but could they add one where sims walk around and behave like guests and staff walk around and do tasks?
  • VeteranSimmerVeteranSimmer Posts: 7 New Member
    Maybe they will add hotels in next game pack with a summer destination? That would be a better idea. Sulani as a world doesn't have vacationing site features. I think this new EP might be one of the most fullfilling EPs, considering previous ones, I am actually happy for once. Finally there will be depth in this game with lifestyles and sentiments thing.

I think it's possible to implement hotels to the game, but if it comes with summer destination and extra summer vacation features, I wouldn't expect complex hotel managements. Or they should update remaining in Get to Work EP.
  • asa144asa144 Posts: 606 Member
    Maybe they will add hotels in next game pack with a summer destination? That would be a better idea. Sulani as a world doesn't have vacationing site features. I think this new EP might be one of the most fullfilling EPs, considering previous ones, I am actually happy for once. Finally there will be depth in this game with lifestyles and sentiments thing.

I think it's possible to implement hotels to the game, but if it comes with summer destination and extra summer vacation features, I wouldn't expect complex hotel managements. Or they should update remaining in Get to Work EP.

I think the next EP/GP will be something unrelated to vacations, as they rarely have two consecutive packs that are related. Frustratingly that kind of means that we will be waiting a while to get hotels if we do get them.
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    I really, really want to have hotels and resorts in by game but I am scared that I will no space for such a lot of lots type. Lets pay attention to Sulani.

Sulani - 14 lots. It will be perfect to have 3 or 4 hotels. Cheaper and more expensive hotels, traditional bungalows and modern resort at least. One beach SPA to relax, 2 night clubs/lounges, 2 restaurants (cheap and more fancy), 3 different open beaches, 2 bars, aquapark, local shop (one or two), museum for tourists. Several local houses for citizens and commetrial lots stuff should be added too, and some community buildings for them like shop, library and gym, It means that to create functional and amazing world, we must have at least 30 lots and it is still without lots like vet clinic, park, rental houses, karaoke bars, art centers and cafes. The fact that we can visit another world (totally different Willow Creek for example) can not justyfy this HUUUGE gap. I can not visit another part of my (not too big) country after work. How can sims visit another country or continent than?
  • m_rieuxm_rieux Posts: 1 New Member
    I personally don't think it makes sense to add in hotels. In real life AirBnb is becoming a way more popular way to stay when travelling. I know personally I never stay in them anymore, and prefer to rent AirBnb every time. What I would prefer is that they make rental lots available in every world, and as an added bonus, it would be cool if our sims could own those rental lots and make money that way.

Just my preference.