Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Rid Of

How do you get rid of the 2 bars at the top of the page about the Friday highlights and the patch - there used to be an X to close them but there is not.

Comments

• Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I don’t see one for the patch? I don’t know though, I guess they really want people to check out their desperate “best of” thread.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I guess you don't? I just ignore and scroll past them, I'd forgotten they were there actually.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    There used to be an X in the far corner you could click on to close it. Does anyone have that X ?
  • Options
    ModifienModifien Posts: 363 Member
    Suffering the same. Used to have an x, no longer do.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited October 2020
    There is a dedicated thread regarding this issue:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17685297#Comment_17685297

Hopefully it will be resolved soon.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    I don’t see one for the patch? I don’t know though, I guess they really want people to check out their desperate “best of” thread.

@QueenMercy
    Why is it desperate? 🤔 The highlights thread is all about forum members and their gameplay contributions. I enjoy it.
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    It took a long time for the update banner to even show up for me, and I'm not sure the last one ever did. But I'm not seeing any Xs anywhere on it.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I also dont see a way to close them on my phone but i feel like i recall there being one. Maybe in laptobs and desktop mode?
  • Options
    EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Like @CAPTAIN_NXR7 mentioned, there is another thread on this going already.

I'll c/p my post from that thread into this one for visibility:
    EA_Leeloo wrote: »
    I double-checked and that is actually working as intended like this.
    There was an issue before where the banner disappeared it didn't come back even when it was updated or when users logged out of the forum and back in. This has been fixed but this means that there is no option to click it away. Apologies for the inconvenience, I'm hoping it isn't too disruptive. And at least, no one is missing out on any news now. :)

- Leeloo
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Like @CAPTAIN_NXR7 mentioned, there is another thread on this going already.

I'll c/p my post from that thread into this one for visibility:
    I double-checked and that is actually working as intended like this.
    There was an issue before where the banner disappeared it didn't come back even when it was updated or when users logged out of the forum and back in. This has been fixed but this means that there is no option to click it away. Apologies for the inconvenience, I'm hoping it isn't too disruptive. And at least, no one is missing out on any news now. :)

- Leeloo

It is very disruptive and distracting. I hope they change it back soon.
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    They aren't going to change it back if it's now working correctly.
  • Options
    suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    I had to go back to see what you were talking about. I didn't even notice it before. I wonder if I am looking at the right thing. It is just a couple of lines highlighted in blue and beige right?
  • Options
    suzanna13 wrote: »
    I had to go back to see what you were talking about. I didn't even notice it before. I wonder if I am looking at the right thing. It is just a couple of lines highlighted in blue and beige right?

There’s a blue banner stuck to the top of the screen announcing the Friday highlights. For a frequent visitor of the forums it can be disruptive and confusing because there is no option to X it away.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    At least it gives Simmers warning that there's a new Patch out if they haven't played for a time. Gives them time to remove mods etc. That should stay on top always with the date and avoid a lot of complaints. Should be written In CAPITALS!
  • Options
    Simburian wrote: »
    At least it gives Simmers warning that there's a new Patch out if they haven't played for a time. Gives them time to remove mods etc. That should stay on top always with the date and avoid a lot of complaints. Should be written In CAPITALS!

Ah, I can't see the patch announcement. Only the Friday Highlights.
  • Options
    ModifienModifien Posts: 363 Member
    It's not that useful when it's always there. Now I just ignore it. When something new comes, I won't even notice. :/
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Modifien wrote: »
    It's not that useful when it's always there. Now I just ignore it. When something new comes, I won't even notice. :/

That's exactly it for me! My eyes don't even see it anymore, I've totally turned off to it.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Modifien wrote: »

This. Since we're now forced to ignore it, it's easier to miss something important. Because, ya know, we're used to ignoring it. :/
  • Options
    WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    I might have used Ad Block to "block an ad on this page" lol :D
    It worked to hide it, but I don't know if it will show any actual NEW news and patch updates unless I remove it... :/
    Why can't we just have the 'x' back? :(
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    It is very distracting but i'm still not getting all of them. I can only see the one for friday highlights. The one for the patch still only shows up when i'm logged out.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    The patch one may disappear after a time when they assume everyone's installed the patch. There will probably be a note on Monday regarding the EP10 trailer on Tuesday, but that'll also disappear after the announcement probably.

As @simgirl1010 said, the Friday highlight is all about the community and showing what Simmers are talking about.I think it's kind of cool, even if I don't check it every week.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I don't even notice it. :#