The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Friday Highlights Banner

Is anyone else seeing the blue Friday Highlights Banner from October 2nd with no option to click it away?

Comments

• CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Yup. Same here!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,819 Member
    Maybe it'll resolve once this week's highlights are posted.
    I actually didn’t notice it until you mentioned it. :D
    Like you said it will probably change once this week’s highlights are posted.
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey everyone! It should all be fixed now - no more disappearing banners and the link is back, too! :)
    Hi @EA_Leeloo
    The blue banner remains stuck to the top of the screen. Checked both on tablet and PC. There is still no option to click it away...
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    @simgirl1010 @CAPTAIN_NXR7 I double-checked and that is actually working as intended like this.
    There was an issue before where the banner disappeared it didn't come back even when it was updated or when users logged out of the forum and back in. This has been fixed but this means that there is no option to click it away. Apologies for the inconvenience, I'm hoping it isn't too disruptive. And at least, no one is missing out on any news now. :)
    edited October 2020
    @EA_Leeloo , thanks for the update! That totally makes sense now. And no, it’s not disruptive at all! 😉

ETA: the option to click away banners needs to return as it is indeed disruptive. It’s difficult not to confuse an old announcement for a new one if we can’t reset and clear the page.
    Post edited by CAPTAIN_NXR7 on
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Yes, it is disruptive. For me, anyway. It bugs the plum out of my OCD, I don't want to see it there after I've already checked out the thread. Please let us have the option back to x it away.
    I think I'd like to go back to not seeing it at all. :p
    @elanorbreton & @simgirl1010 , of course I didn’t mean to speak for anyone else! 🤭
    edited October 2020
    @elanorbreton & @simgirl1010 , of course I didn’t mean to speak for anyone else! 🤭

Never even thought about that. Had to scroll back and see what your comment was. :)

ETA: I think my main problem with it is every time I log in for a second I think it's a new announcement and feel a little deflated when I realize it's not. 😄
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    No worries, didn't even notice your previous comment 😚
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member
    It's disruptive for me. It's already Sunday where I am now and the banner is still up there. I don't really care for the Friday Highlights. I don't want to see an announcement that I've already seen before.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I noticed right away it was stuck at the top since I always read them, then x out the notice. I thought perhaps it was just a mistake and would eventually go away. Since it hasn't, I went looking for a thread like this one to see if anyone else was concerned about it. I see now it was done this way purposely. I'd also like to request the option to close banner notices as in the past. Thanks! :)
    edited October 2020
    DeKay wrote: »
    It's disruptive for me. It's already Sunday where I am now and the banner is still up there. I don't really care for the Friday Highlights. I don't want to see an announcement that I've already seen before.

I need to retract my previous comment as I agree with this. After a couple of days it gets too confusing and distracting.
    The option to click it away needs to get fixed for sure!

I need to retract my previous comment as I agree with this. After a couple of days it gets too confusing and distracting.
    The option to click it away needs to get fixed for sure!

I'm guessing the mods are not working since it was the weekend. Hopefully, they can get it fixed soon.

Or at least, they should make the banner have an automatic time period of one day and will go away on its own, if they don't want to give us the X option. Tho, I think the X option is the best as not everyone comes here everyday and might miss the announcement also.
    832XG3D.gif
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Yes, it is disruptive. Please change back to old way.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I also used to click them away in the past so i would like that option back but then it seems we might go back to the original issue Leeloo mentioned. Still, i think i would prefer how things were before XD
  • ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    Please bring back the X button. It always worked in the past. The banner is distracting and ugly.
    9d9hOnJ.png
    @EA_Leeloo: Any updates on this? LOL.
    832XG3D.gif
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Mareah wrote: »
    I also used to click them away in the past so i would like that option back but then it seems we might go back to the original issue Leeloo mentioned. Still, i think i would prefer how things were before XD

I'd rather have the original issue than have the banner showing permanently.
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Mareah wrote: »

I'd rather have the original issue than have the banner showing permanently.

Now the issue is that it won't disappear. 😂
    832XG3D.gif
    edited October 2020
    I do hope that today’s forum maintenance will resolve the banner issue.

Seems like they just changed the date and link. 😂
    832XG3D.gif

Seems like they just changed the date and link. 😂

Yeah I know...I was expecting miracles. We got none. :D