Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The sims 4 has been officially saved.

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I believe this open world is amazing. The creator showed it is possible and EA for whatever reason just didn't want to do it.

Low end machines.
    The Sims 4 feels like a failure in a many ways and this mod seems to address many of the complaints I have with the game.

I hope you have a computer beefy enough take on the mod. The modder is testing it on a high end machine. If it does indeed work for you, I do hope it solves many of the issues you have with the game.

I don't really understand why people that want open world so badly don't just play the Sims 3 especially if they have a good enough system to support it. I'm playing the Sims 3 currently and it runs perfectly fine on my desktop which is a few years old now. Is it the graphics that puts people off? I think they actually look pretty good on high settings for an eleven year old game.

I got disenchanted with TS3 when the tropical world got very buggy and never got fixed. TS4 came out shortly after that (I think my timeline is correct).
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited October 2020
    oh it is an mod but it looks good though.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I never really liked the open world of 3 my sims were to hard to keep up with and I would miss fun things they did
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 178 Member
    I believe this open world is amazing. The creator showed it is possible and EA for whatever reason just didn't want to do it.

Low end machines.
    The Sims 4 feels like a failure in a many ways and this mod seems to address many of the complaints I have with the game.

I hope you have a computer beefy enough take on the mod. The modder is testing it on a high end machine. If it does indeed work for you, I do hope it solves many of the issues you have with the game.

I don't really understand why people that want open world so badly don't just play the Sims 3 especially if they have a good enough system to support it. I'm playing the Sims 3 currently and it runs perfectly fine on my desktop which is a few years old now. Is it the graphics that puts people off? I think they actually look pretty good on high settings for an eleven year old game.

I went back to Sims 3 because of the problems with Sims 4. While I don't care if I have open worlds or not I just couldn't deal with how it was clear Sims 4 has been an event in how little EA cares.
  • Options

Low end machines.

I get EA wants to make money and considers lower end machines however people are paying at max (right now) about $600 on Sims 4 when you factor in all the packs. Just me, but if a person is willing to put that much into a game they should be willing to put that or more into the system they are running it on. Once legacy became a thing it was clear to me that it was necessary to at least get the recommended and not minimum specs for this game.
  • Options
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I believe this open world is amazing. The creator showed it is possible and EA for whatever reason just didn't want to do it. I don't care that it's dark or has jetski animations for cars. The Sims 4 feels like a failure in a many ways and this mod seems to address many of the complaints I have with the game.

Again, I'm not discounting the work he did in setting up the world. It is truly impressive. But the base set up is really very similar to both the Magic Realm and Journey to Batuu neighborhoods. One lot in a huge map with shells and/or rabbit holes. The primary difference, from my point of view, is that the mod has more stuff to interact with inside the shells and you don't need a cheat code to edit the lots, while the official neighborhoods have better lighting and more people (and therefore actually feel alive.) And are less likely to break with game updates.

The modder only could work with what Sims 4 gave him and he is showing EA can give players a semblance of an open world, but chose not too. Even if they did this with one world I'm sure many would be happy.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I believe this open world is amazing. The creator showed it is possible and EA for whatever reason just didn't want to do it. I don't care that it's dark or has jetski animations for cars. The Sims 4 feels like a failure in a many ways and this mod seems to address many of the complaints I have with the game.

Again, I'm not discounting the work he did in setting up the world. It is truly impressive. But the base set up is really very similar to both the Magic Realm and Journey to Batuu neighborhoods. One lot in a huge map with shells and/or rabbit holes. The primary difference, from my point of view, is that the mod has more stuff to interact with inside the shells and you don't need a cheat code to edit the lots, while the official neighborhoods have better lighting and more people (and therefore actually feel alive.) And are less likely to break with game updates.

The modder only could work with what Sims 4 gave him and he is showing EA can give players a semblance of an open world, but chose not too. Even if they did this with one world I'm sure many would be happy.

I understand that, and I hope a future game pack does include a mundane/normal world with the same open features as Journey to Batuu. My point is that it feels like some people believe that he did something that EA can't do, when not only can they do it, they have - just not in mundane settings. And considering how many people blasted the Magic Realm and Journey to Batuu for having the shells and rabbit holes (respectively) I feel it's putting them in a bit of an unwinable situation because while a lot of people would be happy, a lot of others would criticise them for it.
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    I don't like the rabbitholes - there's absolutely no reason for those, as TS3 showed time and time again that they weren't actually necessary. But otherwise this looks great. Being closed world is one of the worst parts of TS4 that really limits it.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    For me I do like the open world, but I love all the other features that Sims 4 just do not have. Open World expanded the world of Sims and in Sims 4 EA/Maxis took that back and put in loading screens as well as stripping all major features, like wow that really made Sims 4 GOTY material ;) (sarcasm intended).
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I honestly don't mind not having an open world... however, what truly bothers me is having a loading screen simply to go next door or across the street. The Sims 4 should've at least been able to compromise on this, such as having open neighborhoods. I mean, it's sad how we even need a loading screen when visiting a next door apartment... especially when Sims 2: Apartment Life even allowed us to do so without a loading screen!
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member

Low end machines.

I went back to Sims 3 because of the problems with Sims 4. While I don't care if I have open worlds or not I just couldn't deal with how it was clear Sims 4 has been an event in how little EA cares.

I’m playing the Sims 3 now for the exact same reason. I‘ve grown tired of all the bugs that never get fixed and poor functioning of sims in the Sims 4. My sims in the Sims 4 won’t even sit down to watch TV or eat without being instructed to. They pick up their pets and it glitches around their body. They stand around doing nothing for long lengths of time and the idle chatting is just plain irritating.

I know that the Sims 3 has it’s own share of bugs but they are far less annoying and at least the sims act more human in the Sims 3. I find that I’m enjoying playing it so much more than I ever did with the Sims 4. So much so that I actually have trouble turning it off when I need to sleep.
  • Options

I understand that, and I hope a future game pack does include a mundane/normal world with the same open features as Journey to Batuu. My point is that it feels like some people believe that he did something that EA can't do, when not only can they do it, they have - just not in mundane settings. And considering how many people blasted the Magic Realm and Journey to Batuu for having the shells and rabbit holes (respectively) I feel it's putting them in a bit of an unwinable situation because while a lot of people would be happy, a lot of others would criticise them for it.

I could be wrong, but I think the critique came from how EA set them up. Batuu was getting panned anyway you look at it because it just doesn't fit the game or the idea Sims 4 seemed to be. If that was the case I still believe Realm of Magic would have just been called Harry Potter. They then made it out like you could do so much with Batuu and come to find out you really couldn't. I spent a short about of time in the Magic Realm before deleting the file so I can't really comment on it as I skipped out on videos where that pack was played. I think EA put their self in an unwinnable situation. This mod is exciting because it is what players have been asking for and in watching videos the modder intends to expand so players can access more of the world over time. I would have been happy with the base game being similar to this mod and as they added on packs they either expanded to allow us to access more of the world and/or they have the loading screen for the side worlds. This modder is getting criticized as well so my motto is just in a situation like this is you look to make as many people happy as possible and EA hasn't seemed to be thinking like that with Sims 4.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I have been keeping an eye on that mod, impressed with it so far.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

Low end machines.

I get EA wants to make money and considers lower end machines however people are paying at max (right now) about $600 on Sims 4 when you factor in all the packs. Just me, but if a person is willing to put that much into a game they should be willing to put that or more into the system they are running it on. Once legacy became a thing it was clear to me that it was necessary to at least get the recommended and not minimum specs for this game.
    Preach it. Yeah bothers me how much people are willing to pay on packs, but won't upgrade their system to play games on. That is just asking for computer death and electrical issues.

More about it: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/gaming/resources/how-to-fix-your-low-frame-rate.html

Patches do take memory, so I know people are asking for bug fixes, but as more patches are added onto the game, the slower a computer is going to run. That legacy update was helpful because Sims 4 has more than reached a breaking point that their DLC can't cater to low end machines anymore and neither can the patches.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »

Low end machines.

Preach it. Yeah bothers me how much people are willing to pay on packs, but won't upgrade their system to play games on. That is just asking for computer death and electrical issues.

More about it: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/gaming/resources/how-to-fix-your-low-frame-rate.html

Patches do take memory, so I know people are asking for bug fixes, but as more patches are added onto the game, the slower a computer is going to run. That legacy update was helpful because Sims 4 has more than reached a breaking point that their DLC can't cater to low end machines anymore and neither can the patches.

When an developer caters to those that use low end systems especially when it comes to Sims 4 it Imo hurt those that use mid range to high end and I am referring also to purging Sims 4 of features that made the Sims series more creative because low end was not getting any bells and whistles that higher systems was enjoying. EA/Maxis dumped the scaling system and went with one system that benefitted low end users and left out others in the mix looking at the gimped systems EA/Maxis does use and not tweak what they had. I am glad there are other devs that decided to press on and demand higher specs as they want to see what their program is capable of doing and not be on crutches.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Maybe for the same reason people unhappy with Sims 4 and who hate Sims 3 don't return to Sims 2.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    MooshygirlMooshygirl Posts: 119 Member
    This is what SIMMING is about! This Fan made pack looks fantastic! *Sims 5 when it happens has to have open worlds like in 3,like this mod, with cars and trains etc., and CAS should allow us to creates Sims with different heights!! If they can make a "Wierd Science" style boob enhancing slider, we can have tall and petite Simms! Right?
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I’m not interested in an open world or in this mod myself, but I’m happy that it’s available for those of you who do want an open world.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited November 2020
    I don't know how I feel about this. Modder is obviously talented but I feel like his best talent is showing off and talking up a good game.
    Plus he seems to make mods and then quickly move onto the next because I've been watching him for a while now. That's why I never downloaded any of his mods, not sure if they even get updated properly or if all of them are fully released.
    Just my opinion from personal observation though.

Plus the only way to get more sims in this world would maybe be to use mccomand to raise the limit of how many sims a zone. Might not even work though. Even with the limit raised evergreen harbor is dead for some reason.

I just want packed sims in the neighborhood engaging in activities like they show on the trailers 😂😂 but I've come to accept it as a sim thing.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    The only thing that will save it for me is a personality trait overhaul.

Same. If my sims had personality id go back to playing.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Idk why this is such a big deal. The lack of open world is the least of my problems! My main game is The Sims 2 and it has even less of an open world! I played The Sims 3 for a while, but I actually disliked the open world because it caused extreme lag and error code 12.
  • Options
    GuillaumeSnowGuillaumeSnow Posts: 87 Member
    Can you even build in this so called "open-world"? Because all I see are rabbit-holes. How exciting...