Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things the 10/6/20 patch broke in your game

Comments

• Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    So I might need to make a bug report on the HQ thing but has anyone had trouble having a baby at the hospital? My sim waited hours for a doc to appear and no one came! I had to go back home to use the crib
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    So I might need to make a bug report on the HQ thing but has anyone had trouble having a baby at the hospital? My sim waited hours for a doc to appear and no one came! I had to go back home to use the crib

I had this issue the last time I played TS4 and my sim went to the hospital to give birth. It’s been an issue longer than this recent patch because I haven’t played the Sims 4 in weeks now.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    It is a known bug.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Hospital-Workers-do-nothing-when-giving-birth/td-p/6630200/page/5
    I found the bug report for it.

SimGuruNick said this,
    "We've reproduced the issue of changing the color of the surgery table causing problems, but if anyone is having problems where they didn't change the surgery table I would really appreciate your save file, thank you so much!"

Best way to get a bug fixed is to send a save file of the issue. SimGuruNick is really nice and share as much detail as you can with him. He is amazing at trying to understand bugs and will ask for clarification of the bug if needed.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    ive had the hospital bug before. its not really a new bug.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Last time i use the gave birth at hospital feature and the doctor came few hours later. not sure why my sims didnt gave birth on her own in there considering it took way too long, or maybe the feature is disabled on the hospital?
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    Evee95Evee95 Posts: 66 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    It is a known bug.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Hospital-Workers-do-nothing-when-giving-birth/td-p/6630200/page/5
    I found the bug report for it.

SimGuruNick said this,
    "We've reproduced the issue of changing the color of the surgery table causing problems, but if anyone is having problems where they didn't change the surgery table I would really appreciate your save file, thank you so much!"

Best way to get a bug fixed is to send a save file of the issue. SimGuruNick is really nice and share as much detail as you can with him. He is amazing at trying to understand bugs and will ask for clarification of the bug if needed.

The same bug happens with the interrogation table. If u recolour it to another swatch it wont work any more.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    EMSimmer30 wrote: »
    @stilljustme2 I only use MCC and it was turned off due to the patch, so no mods just vanilla game when the moving/fund glitch occurred. I tried again today and it's still unplayable. I'll be playing Sims 3 or other games till it gets fixed.

I just tested it and I still had all my funds when I chose Move Household. Not sure what's happening with your game. MCCC has been cleared by Deaderpool as not needing an update, so maybe you could reactivate mods and try again?
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,892 Member
    I haven't noticed anything new broken, think even the skin overlay I use is fine. Haven't looked in CAS to check out if ALL skintones are ok with the overlay, though....
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,441 Member
    I didn't notice anything broken in my game, but my employed sim got two calls offering her mid-level jobs in completely unrelated domains. Is this new or is it part of the story progression calls introduced by Eco Lifestyle patch?
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    Nothing! <3<3<3

I'm very sorry for those of you with broken games, though. :(

Alas, I spoke too soon. My Sims can't finish chess games anymore.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Is anyone having an issue where you lock the laptop so only your specific sim can use it, but somehow everyone else in the household is using it? Im aware you can lock it for "everyone but household" but Ive got 6 sims in uni, each with their own laptop in their respective rooms and they are constantly playing musical computers. I have mods and will be trying this in my vanilla save first, then this save with mods folder removed, but was just curious.
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I didn't notice anything broken in my game, but my employed sim got two calls offering her mid-level jobs in completely unrelated domains. Is this new or is it part of the story progression calls introduced by Eco Lifestyle patch?

I think it's from Get Famous; if your Sim has a Great or Pristine Reputation, they'll get phone calls offering them new jobs at levels well above entry-level. I had one Sim switch from Painter to Writer; I'm holding off on her husband leaving the Acting career till he gets his Global Superstar plaque for the Walk of Fame. :) (Needs that to finish his aspiration.)
  • Options
    Nothing! <3<3<3

I'm very sorry for those of you with broken games, though. :(

Alas, I spoke too soon. My Sims can't finish chess games anymore.

That's been going for a while; I know there's a thread on Answers HQ if you want to give a Me Too.

So far, I haven't really noticed anything new broken; this was a small enough patch (outside of the skin tones and free stuff) that none of the mods I use needed an update. I'd expect the next patch to be a lot bigger especially if it's right before a pack release. :|
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    My Sims were being autonomously mean to each other. No one has the mean trait. I used MCCC to fix it. I excluded mean and mischievous interactions but not before all the relationships tanked.

Also, I have to play by loading a save. If I just hit play progress is lost. Before I figured out what was happening I played trough the same New Years Eve 3 times. My game was like the groundhog day movie.

Are these things that came because of the update? Or do I have a bad mod? Or what?
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,441 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

I think it's from Get Famous; if your Sim has a Great or Pristine Reputation, they'll get phone calls offering them new jobs at levels well above entry-level. I had one Sim switch from Painter to Writer; I'm holding off on her husband leaving the Acting career till he gets his Global Superstar plaque for the Walk of Fame. :) (Needs that to finish his aspiration.)

Oh, that would make sense. My sim is trying to become a Global Superstar. :)
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    edited October 2020
    It was fine until yesterday! Then, my default eyes broke. They're the fixed versions after the last patch, so it's something new, maybe a mod conflict. And, new today, I'm now getting the red X Gallery issue (Gallery was fine yesterday!), and I can't take screenshots! I press C, the notification shows up in the corner of the screen, but nothing appears in my Screenshots folder.

Edit: The Gallery issue and screenshots problem was the antivirus thing (I had just updated AVG), it's working now. Still puzzled about the default eyes!
    Post edited by ryttu3k on
  • Options
    MelsieYTMelsieYT Posts: 289 Member
    Playing foosball. The sims just get stuck. They won't stop playing (even if I cancel the interaction) unless I reset the table.
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    I have found the old cant sleep in bed bug is back for some of my sims.
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,578 Member
    No issues to report. I also started a fresh save today and I'm finding things are working fine.
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    edited October 2020
    I seem to having quite a few issues I never had before. Routing errors - like suddenly not being able to go to a bathroom they have gone to may times before, things dropping out of the queue, sims not completing something because they get distracted by something else, not many sims seem to show up on community lots anymore, some meals they never finish eating, the option to buy a lottery ticket is no longer on the computer, and of course chess and other games and movies are still borked. My game even crashed today and I don't think that has ever happened that I remember. I don't use mods.
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    I got a weird bug just yesterday. I got a notification that "Courtney has identified the Tetra and added it to her notebook". The problem was my Sim was talking to Courtney, and I was not playing the household Courtney was in--she was merely visiting my Sim. That's never happened before, ever.

Albeit, Courtney and the Sim I was playing had originally been created as a household, together with two other Sims; which weren't in this save. Courtney replaced another Gallery Sim when I used the Copy/Paste option in MCCC. The Sim I was playing had been moved in by me; after bringing her up in CAS.
  • Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    Some of my light skinned male Sims look like they're wearing heavy blush although they are not wearing any makeup, and a sim showed up for a wedding in his underpants, which happens :D

Otherwise, my game seems to be running nicely. Well, still have to deal with the horrible randomly generated Sims, but otherwise I had a good time playing yesterday.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited October 2020
    I was suddenly missing my Sims 4 sims today and considered giving it another try but then I remembered all of it's bugs and issues and now I'm over it. I do really miss my Sims though, it's not their fault they live in a bad functioning game. :D

I hope someday the issues can be fixed or at least brought down to a bearable amount.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,031 Member
    The Gallery's not working for me. Straight-up won't show anything. My emptied my tray, deleted caches, took out my mods, made exceptions for Sims files in my anti-virus, the whole nine yards. Currently lurking in the help section and keeping up with the Gallery threads.
    ugMcxZk.jpeg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    @Gordy, I'm having trouble with the gallery too. I can see the thumbnails, but when I browse thumbnails to DL/fave/comment after about five thumbnails, the thumbnails just won't load. They'll just have the circle thing go on indefinitely so I cannot comment/DL/fave and I have to reboot the computer.

I too have deleted caches, reinstalled Origin and made exceptions in my anti-virus program. I have also posted the problem on Answers HQ but have not had a response.
    PDWxp40.jpg