The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things the 10/6/20 patch broke in your game

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 1,006 Member
    The freelance career won't complete after all tasks are done.
  • Options
    ConfutusConfutus Posts: 113 Member
    rudolpha wrote: »
    The freelance career won't complete after all tasks are done.

That was already broken from a previous patch, not the latest one. It didn't fix it, though.

• Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,055 Member
    lsnishi wrote: »
    I'm having trouble with the gallery too. I can see the thumbnails, but when I browse thumbnails to DL/fave/comment after about five thumbnails, the thumbnails just won't load. They'll just have the circle thing go on indefinitely so I cannot comment/DL/fave and I have to reboot the computer.

I too have deleted caches, reinstalled Origin and made exceptions in my anti-virus program. I have also posted the problem on Answers HQ but have not had a response.
    Idk if it'll help you, but I figured adding the game thing itself might help. I added "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4" into the exceptions along with the other things listed on the Technical Issues pages, and it started working for me.
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Thank you @Gordy. I did add the sims 4 folder into the Windows Defender's exceptions and am still having problems.
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited October 2020
    One of my child sims can't do her homework. If I hover over the homework book it says she is to tense but her mood is fine. Is anybody else having this issue? I'm currently doing a game repair to see if it helps.

Edit: I just checked my game and it seems that a repair has fixed this issue for me.
    Post edited by Sharonia on
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Anyone who repaired their game, how long did it take? I have a good amount of packs and my origin keeps freezing at the 15th download. It’s driving me crazy, I even connected my laptop to the modem and it speeds up but at the 15th pack it freezes
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Anyone who repaired their game, how long did it take? I have a good amount of packs and my origin keeps freezing at the 15th download. It’s driving me crazy, I even connected my laptop to the modem and it speeds up but at the 15th pack it freezes

It took around ten minutes for me yesterday. I have all the packs except Star Wars.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

It took around ten minutes for me yesterday. I have all the packs except Star Wars.
    Good to know, it took me atleast 30 mins and then it crashed after 3 packs failed to download, with about 4 more left to go
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member

About 20 seconds and I have everything but SW
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @SelinaKyles

Maybe there is a lot of download traffic due to the sales? not sure as I have never experienced an issue where downloading took so long so can only assume..

@catmando830

you appear to be experiencing some download issues as well and i hope that clears for you and I just wanted to say that while I know you were on the fence about Eco living from some of your previous comments I am going to assume you have gone ahead and purchased it and if so I am sure that after the thread I started and several other concerning the same pack you will finally get to the same stage as I just have where I am enjoying certain elements of the pack immensely while not actually turning it on in game so just to say there are decent workarounds if you want to play with Eco game-play and and the objects in the pack :)