Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is everyone mean and evil?

Seriously, whenever my sims try and get to know a game-spawned townie they have the worst traits. It seems like most are evil or mean. It becomes very difficult for my sims to have a friendly or romantic relationship with any of them because all they do is hurl insults and be unpleasant.

Sometimes even the sims who aren't evil/mean and are in a good/positive mood insult their friends, family or partner for no reason now.

Anyone else notice this?

Comments

• Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    They might be the victims of the "Roughhousing Encouraged" NAP (if you have EL), or they have points in Mischief (I avoid both). You didn't mention actual fighting, though, or if you have Seasons. But might also be Neighbourhood Brawl or Prank Day. I avoid those as well.

I'm not sure anymore if using cas.fulleditmode to change traits will do any good. Removing traits with cheats will some times make the traits "stick", and in some cases still give moodlets and behaviour connected to the removed traits. I've some times done this when making over townies from Manage Households. Might be worth a try :)
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    I don't know.

The only thing I do know for sure is that if all the premade sims were kind and friendly and full of good traits, someone would come along and create a thread asking why are all the premades nice and kind and good.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Well I don't know how the townies are randomized by the game, but I have been making a ton of sims to fill up my worlds and I just randomize their names and traits, and about 80% of them always toss out an evil trait (which I have to change to something else). It's like it's a priority.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I think it seems like those traits come up a lot because there's not a lot of traits to choose from in the first place.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    ModifienModifien Posts: 363 Member
    I've noticed the same. They're disproportionately mean and evil and I don't know why.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    I honestly haven't noticed that, except for when people fight from the "roughhousing encouraged" NAP. I've noticed a few random NPC's be rude, but at least in my games, it seems to be the exception
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    All sims act the same here no matter the traits, yours might be influenced by NAP.. (also acts the same)
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited October 2020
    I've noticed that my sims have been extra mean, but I think it's due to a mod I have that makes even nice sims occasionally toxic.

Along with that my sims have been complaining so much. If they have something to say you'd better believe the next thing following is a complaint.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    HopeyStarr wrote: »
    I've noticed that my sims have been extra mean, but I think it's due to a mod I have that makes even nice sims occasionally toxic.

Along with that my sims have been complaining so much. If they have something to say you'd better believe the next thing following is a complaint.

Mine did that too, and I got so fed up with it I started to use MCCC to tune away all that nonsense. Same with boasting/bragging. I mean, who would complain about sunny weather?? Unless its melting hot or you're a thin skinned vampire, that is.....but it seemed that whenever they were left to talk without my input, they would always complain about something.

I agree with several here, though, that randomizing will give evil/mean very very often. Along with traits I find utterly pointless, like Insider, cat/dog lover, dance machine and a plethora of others. Really wish they could add some traits that would actually affect our sims, and make them have at least some personality.
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    @Kathykins How did you MCCC out the complaints? I find the complaint dialogue options jarring and often do not fit in with the convo taking place. Like, who's going to complain to Father Winter's face? Seriously? He'll sic the gnomes on you! lol
  • Options
    Catzilla wrote: »
    @Kathykins How did you MCCC out the complaints? I find the complaint dialogue options jarring and often do not fit in with the convo taking place. Like, who's going to complain to Father Winter's face? Seriously? He'll sic the gnomes on you! lol

True, he's not one to be messed with! Never dared try to fight him for presents. He'll just sit on you and you're squished. :D

Anyway, click on sim, MCCC - MC Tuner - Enable Autonomy Scan. Close the menu. Then I usually click the floor and click Autonomy Commands. You'll get 3 choices: Currently running scan, Search all running interactions and Search all autonomous interactions. I usually pick the last one for specific searches, like "complain". I tick off all I don't want to see anymore. I think my tuner file is almost 280 lines by now, with all the stuff I've disabled :D
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Mean/evil sims are so nerfed nowadays anyway.

I remember when Parenthood was released and I had a sim who wasn't evil/mean get the insensitive and argumentative traits. He was utterly horrible at all times to the point that, when he died, the sims he lived with got a "happy he's dead" moodlet.

I cannot for the life of me recreate that secenario.
  • Options
    FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    I guess the game tries to balance overall Sims traits, including Evil and Mean. I also bet that few players uses widely both traits so the game needs to generate more townies with them.

I say that because I've been playing recently with Darth Vader on Other Households tab as townie and he always shows up anywhere (generally one of the few Evil/Mean Sims that respawns at the current lot and its zone).
  • Options
    Kathykins wrote: »
    Catzilla wrote: »

True, he's not one to be messed with! Never dared try to fight him for presents. He'll just sit on you and you're squished. :D

Anyway, click on sim, MCCC - MC Tuner - Enable Autonomy Scan. Close the menu. Then I usually click the floor and click Autonomy Commands. You'll get 3 choices: Currently running scan, Search all running interactions and Search all autonomous interactions. I usually pick the last one for specific searches, like "complain". I tick off all I don't want to see anymore. I think my tuner file is almost 280 lines by now, with all the stuff I've disabled :D

That's a good idea! I'm going to try it out with MCCC.

The complaining was so bad I had sims in a three way conversation complain back to back to back. I was like, "When did y'all get so negative?" :lol:
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    It's an inside joke on the expense of the forums.
  • Options
    asa144asa144 Posts: 606 Member
    HopeyStarr wrote: »

Are you talking about Slice of Life? That would explain why even my normal sims are being ruder than usual.
  • Options
    @asa144 Yep, that's the one.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I always delete them or use MCC to fix issues when I start a new save. Right now I have a problem with my Sims automatously being mean and mischievous to family and household members.

I was playing last night and it took me a while to figure out why relationships were declining. I sent my 5 Sims to watch TV and paid attention to the conversations and sure enough my Sims were being mean and mischievous to each other. I had to use MCCC to turn off mean and mischievous interactions.

Before I turned the interactions off the parents relationship tanked so much that they had the option to become enemies. Maybe update related if others have problems.
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    There are a lot of mean/evil Sims. When I'm playing, I go through the bin now and then and cas.fulleditmode all the townies to weed them out. I usually change out mean/evil for good just to ensure they don't go back to their wicked ways. Or delete them.

I also stick all the ones with the same last name into households together and make them related, but that wasn't the question.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    i havent noticed it in my game but doesnt mean its there. there are always going to be a lot of mean and evil sims. there really isnt much traits to choose from so the combinations sims have can be interesting. and of course NAP can make sims act mean or micheiveous.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    If you own DU, sims that attended rival universities can be mean/mischievous to each other. The rivalry lives on.
  • Options
    Pallies656602Pallies656602 Posts: 24 Member
    > @asa144 said:
    > Seriously, whenever my sims try and get to know a game-spawned townie they have the worst traits. It seems like most are evil or mean. It becomes very difficult for my sims to have a friendly or romantic relationship with any of them because all they do is hurl insults and be unpleasant.
    >
    > Sometimes even the sims who aren't evil/mean and are in a good/positive mood insult their friends, family or partner for no reason now.
    >
    > Anyone else notice this?

I thought i was the only one and that it was something with my game. Since the september 3th patch i noticed that all the spawned sims in my game are either mean, evil, kleptomaniac or all 3 traits at the same time. It was something that i hadn't noticed before. Even if i make a sim myself i have to put him directly in game otherwise he/she spawns with one or all forementioned traits. It has indeed become to the point that she can't find someone to get friends with or romanticly involved with. I do have mods but not the ones mentioned above.
  • Options
    Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    I find when ever I try to randomize a sim's traits it will you usually give me evil or mean trait on the first roll.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Noticed that as well. The entire RANDOM sim creation system should disappear forever and things need to start making sense. It ruins all the effort we put into our game and storytelling.
    How hard would it be for a developer to code this thing in: just make a series of combinations of logic sim traits that go well together, linked with a job and life choice preferences (I'd prefer gender/age romantic interests, a hobby or two and an aspiration and to throw those into the 'randomizer'. Like this we would never see weird sims again, but let's say: a YA male who is only interested in somewhat older ladies, has the romantic, good kisser and self confidence trait and would probably work at the gym :smiley: He loves to work out and drinks at the bar. Probably aspires to be a Casanova of some sort.

We need at least a system like that.