Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Show me your current Sim Families!

Comments

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    This is my current family:

5IJGSvj.png

Tiffany Leavitt met Kolby McGowan in the dorms of UBrite, where she was pursuing a Fine Arts degree and he was working on Drama. The two hit it off pretty quickly, and after Tiffany graduated, moved into an apartment in San Myshuno's Arts Quarter. There Tiffany started her career as a Painter while Kolby started doing auditions for soap commercials hoping to get that big break. Eventually when Tiffany was making a lot of Simoleons on Plopsy and Kolby was getting better acting gigs, they got enough money to move to an old farmhouse in Willow Creek, Kolby getting fed up with their constantly noisy neighbors. Shortly after they moved, Tiffany got pregnant with her first child and they had a whirlwind elopement. Soon afterwards, their son was born and Kolby chose to name him Carson after his favorite comedian (Johnny Carson, not Carson Daly). Tiffany is now a writer, having gotten a job offer too good to pass up, and is expecting her second child. Kolby is a Silver Screen Icon though only a Notable Newcomer on the Fame ladder. Carson inherited the Active trait from his father, and is going for the Rambunctious Scamp child's aspiration.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Does a single Sim count? I give you the Green "Family" (well soon).
    This is Lesley Green, A+ student in Communications and originally from Evergreen Harbor. Environmental activist / Simstagram star.
    I will actually create her future partner separately and play to the same point, something i usually never do; I either marry a premade or make a couple from scratch.

BKMbRjv.png
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    MelsieYTMelsieYT Posts: 289 Member
    edited September 2020
    @mia_noelle97 Well she's gorgeous! ♥ My same-sex couples usually adopt because ~realism but I loved my lesbians' genetics too much so I decided they used a donor and had them actually try for baby. The twins (I cheated with MCCC to know what she's having whoops) will probably be born in my next play session. I'm excited to see what they look like, especially the boy since he has no male parent.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,334 Member
    edited September 2020
    MelsieYT wrote: »
    @mia_noelle97 Well she's gorgeous! ♥ My same-sex couples usually adopt because ~realism but I loved my lesbians' genetics too much so I decided they used a donor and had them actually try for baby. The twins (I cheated with MCCC to know what she's having whoops) will probably be born in my next play session. I'm excited to see what they look like, especially the boy since he has no male parent.

For more realism (without mods) you could have one of them find a donor in-game. I'm sure Don Lothario would be up to it, heh heh! :D

For a gay couple they could do similar, find a surrogate mother. Perhaps Bella Goth? Heh!

I know I'm making this funny, but that's seriously the kind of thing I would do in my game world since I like born-in-game characters. :)

EDIT: Or perhaps if one of the couple had a sibling or cousin of the opposite sex, that could be a donor/surrogate for the couple. If you want to kinda cheat, you could create a sibling of one of the couple as a twin, change the sex to the opposite, do the thing, then delete the sibling afterwards. Not as interesting story wise, but the in-game genetics would be there.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    Admiral8Q wrote: »

For more realism (without mods) you could have one of them find a donor in-game. I'm sure Don Lothario would be up to it, heh heh! :D

For a gay couple they could do similar, find a surrogate mother. Perhaps Bella Goth? Heh!

I know I'm making this funny, but that's seriously the kind of thing I would do in my game world since I like born-in-game characters. :)

EDIT: Or perhaps if one of the couple had a sibling or cousin of the opposite sex, that could be a donor/surrogate for the couple. If you want to kinda cheat, you could create a sibling of one of the couple as a twin, change the sex to the opposite, do the thing, then delete the sibling afterwards. Not as interesting story wise, but the in-game genetics would be there.

I've usually just created a toddler (since we've had them) in CAS, using both same-sex spouses as the parents; storyline is that they volunteered for a study on genetically engineered offspring. (Also explains why they suddenly get an extra 50K Simoleons in their account.) So female same-sex couples always have a girl, while male couples can have either a girl or a boy. And of course I frequently have my same-sex couples adopt babies. (If we ever get improved babies, I'd like to be able to create them in CAS.)
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited September 2020
    Three months of gameplay here(coming up on four months in 10 days)! I have a feeling Ben(first born in-game generation) will be meeting great-grandchildren someday because he has a very high fitness skill level.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,334 Member
    I've usually just created a toddler (since we've had them) in CAS, using both same-sex spouses as the parents; storyline is that they volunteered for a study on genetically engineered offspring. (Also explains why they suddenly get an extra 50K Simoleons in their account.) So female same-sex couples always have a girl, while male couples can have either a girl or a boy. And of course I frequently have my same-sex couples adopt babies. (If we ever get improved babies, I'd like to be able to create them in CAS.)

That's kinda cool actually. Because that's how real-life cloning works. Years ago I worked at a place that was doing experiments on cloning with Salmon. (I didn't do the science work, just the labor work on the site, heh) I watched how it was done. They could clone a single fish from the genetics, or combine genetics of 2 or more fish to make a clone. The "gender" didn't matter. Fun Fact, salmon start out with no "gender". Called "Greens". It's not until they hit their version of puberty that 'gender' is decided naturally in the fish. It basically depends on the hormones floating around in the water. If there is not enough male hormones, then it may become male, if there is more than enough male hormones it may become female. Or vis-versa, not enough female hormones, or more than enough. (More complicated, but that's the basics) That's 20 something years ago now I worked there.

Same kind of thing can be done in any animal, including Humans, but it's a taboo and highly illegal in most countries to even experiment with it on Humans.

To make a Sims joke now though, maybe Vlad isn't an 'immortal', but actually clones himself every century or so? :D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member

5IJGSvj.png

Tiffany Leavitt met Kolby McGowan in the dorms of UBrite, where she was pursuing a Fine Arts degree and he was working on Drama. The two hit it off pretty quickly, and after Tiffany graduated, moved into an apartment in San Myshuno's Arts Quarter. There Tiffany started her career as a Painter while Kolby started doing auditions for soap commercials hoping to get that big break. Eventually when Tiffany was making a lot of Simoleons on Plopsy and Kolby was getting better acting gigs, they got enough money to move to an old farmhouse in Willow Creek, Kolby getting fed up with their constantly noisy neighbors. Shortly after they moved, Tiffany got pregnant with her first child and they had a whirlwind elopement. Soon afterwards, their son was born and Kolby chose to name him Carson after his favorite comedian (Johnny Carson, not Carson Daly). Tiffany is now a writer, having gotten a job offer too good to pass up, and is expecting her second child. Kolby is a Silver Screen Icon though only a Notable Newcomer on the Fame ladder. Carson inherited the Active trait from his father, and is going for the Rambunctious Scamp child's aspiration.

I guess having something in common being artistic in different ways got them together. Hooray for moving up and on to a better situation. Carson is a cutie. Are you hoping for a girl this time around or don't you care?
  • Options
    Does a single Sim count? I give you the Green "Family" (well soon).
    This is Lesley Green, A+ student in Communications and originally from Evergreen Harbor. Environmental activist / Simstagram star.
    I will actually create her future partner separately and play to the same point, something i usually never do; I either marry a premade or make a couple from scratch.

BKMbRjv.png

All sims count. After all a single sim is soon a pair in a lot of case. It seems like that is true. Why are they not getting married yet? Have they met?
    If they have is there a reason you are waiting? Lesley is Lovely and smart as well. A good catch for her future partner.
  • Options

That would be interesting to use a donor. I hope you will share pics when they grow up.
  • Options
    Admiral8Q wrote: »

That is a good idea. I probably if I did play same sex couples would do that too.
  • Options
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    Three months of gameplay here(coming up on four months in 10 days)! I have a feeling Ben(first born in-game generation) will be meeting great-grandchildren someday because he has a very high fitness skill level.

Wow I love Emma's looks. She is stunning. You have an awesome family tree. I used to try to do those on there, but since MCC makes my families very complicated kids with other sims besides their spouses sometimes 3 or more fathers, things go too complicated and boy you couldn't even see the whole family tree in one screen I had to move it over to see the whole tree in bits and parts and that didn't work for me. I love how clean and neat that tree is, and how wonderful your genetics are.
  • Options
    mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member

Thank you! For me it depends on the couple, but since I love playing legacies and seeing the genetics throughout all of the generations, my gay couples usually have biological children, although sometimes I still have them adopt. Princeton and Henry (Georgia's dads) have another child who is adopted (who I haven't shown yet).
  • Options
    mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    Also, I thought it might be time for some updated pictures:

Paige passed away last time I played. I put her tombstone next to Iggy's in the family cemetery I made:
    Lk4Llwv.png

The twins are teens now. Here's Ezra (with Paige before she died)
    IWXUPqZ.png

Here's Phoebe with her girlfriend Leah
    zkPi0wA.png

Georgia is a teen now, and her dads adopted another child named Andy
    MdK4oC7.png
    eaR3wYo.png

Hanna is a teen, and Erik and Kacey had another child named Aspen
    PT8FpqL.png
    tmhTBbx.png
  • Options
    ConfutusConfutus Posts: 113 Member
    edited October 2020
    The family I have been playing longest is the family of Martin Elcone, who married Liberty Lee. Martin died, (I believe in a kitchen fire) leaving Liberty as the widowed mother of three children. Martin remains as a ghost, although he has less and less interaction with his widow and children.
    Liberty had quit her job in the Astronaut program to be a full-time caretaker, and did not return to the work force, but spent most of her time and income raising the children. She supplemented the family income, mostly with woodworking. She spent most of their savings remodeling their Streamlet Single house and the family finances have remained barely adequate. Now that children are older, Liberty has recently attempted self employment as a programmer, but her first gig has not gone well and she is contemplating a return to the full time work force in order to pursue her lifetime ambition as a Renaissance Sim. She has not been physically active and has gained a great deal of weight. She has recently used an Elixir of youth to prevent aging into the elder age group.
    Their eldest, who bears the unlikely name of Xzavier Elcone, was initially in the medical career and was just old enough to become the primary breadwinner for the family when his his father died. He has quit that career and begun work as a Code Monkey. He has enough experience that he expects to rise quickly, although since he actually has more experience with Video Gaming, he nay not rise as quickly as he thinks he will. He has so far not been much interested in dating and establishing his own family, although his mother wishes he would start.
    The second son, Hibbert Elcone, developed an interest in art. He is still in High School, but as an artistic genius already has substantial skill as a painter. His development has been rather one dimensional and has mostly excluded social development, but he now is trying to broaden his interests.
    Their youngest, a daughter named Elora Elcone, is by far the most social of the family and is still in grade school. She was only a baby when her father died but is on good terms with his ghost. She has been feeling confined in her interactions with the family, which is active and busy in spite of their comparative poverty, and wants to get out and socialize more.
    No pics yet (I haven't quite figured out how to get them out).
    Post edited by Confutus on
  • Options
    blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,373 Member
    Connor and Clara's three kids have grown into young adults now
    The two on the left are Hunter Brooks and his partner Luna Villareal, the middle is Roza Brooks and the right two are Henry Brooks and his partner Raina Doyle-Reyes (Kolby and Ravens daughter)
    7kFxx78.png
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Jace Destin (L) and Ty Antares (R) are my current household, and a family as of their recent marriage. Jace is a copy of a Sim that was a gift of the CAS randomizer, with whom I first explored the base game and my first Game Pack, which was Spa Day. Ty was another gift of the CAS randomizer, much more recent, created to replace Jace's San Myshuno neighbors, who were intrusive and disruptive.

brIn8Vg.png

rtlF3za.png

Wax3nbr.png

These two began as neighbors, but quickly became close, so I gave them a dedicated save in which they can share a home, play-testing my Journey to Batuu builds and exploring the new Game Pack. Getting married was their idea, not mine (mutual Whims). Now, they are wishing to have children, which will mean adding another sub-level to their underground homestead, to have the space they will need.
  • Options
    Liberty Elcone got stiffed by the client in her first gig as a freelancer, so she quit that and entered the culinary career. She feels seriously underemployed, given that she has top skills in Logic and as a Handyman and can mentor those, but hopes to work up her current career ladder rapidly. Martin's ghost was becoming a nuisance, so Liberty released him to the Netherworld. She has begun thinking about remarriage, but getting her children established with their own homes and families is a higher priority.
    Xzavier (The X is silent) has achieved his aspiration to be a Computer Whiz and now aspires to become a Renaissance Sim, like his parents, but is in no hurry to quit his employment.
    Hibbert is now about to graduate from High School, and has a head start on a career as a Painter.
    Elora has graduated from Elementary school and is entering High School. She was a happy toddler and is naturally self-assured. She is also creative, with an aspiration to be a Friend of the World (although school comes first). In looks she presently resembles her mother more than either of her brothers resemble their parents. (Still no pics...I'm a new member).
    I erred in my earlier report. Their home was merely remodeled and expanded, not built from scratch, but that was expensive enough. Even after selling off the childhood equipment, it still feels too cramped for much socializing.
  • Options
    Colorist40 wrote: »

5IJGSvj.png

I guess having something in common being artistic in different ways got them together. Hooray for moving up and on to a better situation. Carson is a cutie. Are you hoping for a girl this time around or don't you care?

She had another boy, Sean, named for the best James Bond ever (Sean Connery). Sean is a Geek and is going for the Whiz Kid aspiration. Kolby is up to B-lister; might have him change jobs once he gets the Job Hopper fame perk. Tiffany is going for the Super Parent aspiration and is on the last section. Carson just needs to get to level 10 Motor, and then I'm aging him up to Teen. I was running into some glitches with them in their old save, so I've started them in a new save and a different house that has a pool, so that should help get the Motor level up. Kolby had surgery so he could no longer get anyone pregnant, but Tiffany wants a little girl so they'll probably adopt, maybe once Carson moves out.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,131 Member
    I'm not sure if this qualifies as a family, since they don't have any kids. But Tevin and Stacey Diggs are married, and are on their way up. Tevin is an aspiring mansion baron, and real estate is his thing. Stacey is in the painting career, and she's quite good with her own works.

9a1nw8B.png
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    The Elcone family has moved, from their remodeled and expanded Streamlet Single, to Garden Essence, still in the Foundry Cove area. Yes, this is the same house Liberty lived in before she married, and it looks rather poor and barren compared to how it was furnished when she lived there. Travis and Summer have both passed on, and Liberty really didn't want to come back, but they couldn't afford anything in the next better neighborhood. The one positive is that there is room for expansion.
    Liberty didn't like working as dishwasher in a restaurant. She's been cooking for her own family for years and is approaching culinary mastery out of necessity, not because she likes it or anything about the restaurant business. She doesn't like starting over as a green Astronaut, either, but with her expertise in Logic, she is thinking about Scientist for her next career change. The prospect of all the harvestables from the neighborhood garden close by and all the research that could be done with the microscope and observatory that her children have promised to`buy for her was the only thing that made the move bearable.
    Xzavier likes his job in Computer Programming and is approaching the upper tier and a respectable income. In spite of his Renaissance Sim aspiration, he is in no hurry to change careers. Hibbert just graduated from High School and is eagerly anticipating his first job as a Palette Cleaner, although he was overqualified for that job well before he finished Elementary School. Elora has started High School, but still feels excessively confined and restricted to home, and is thinking about starting a club. Her mother put her foot down when Elora wanted a part-time job too, and has decreed that she can either run a club or have a part time job, not both, until she graduates.
    Now that Liberty no longer has to chase toddlers, she wants to get out and exercise more and trim down a bit. Elora could stand to lose some weight, too. So could Xzavier, although he claims to be big-boned and that it wouldn't make much difference. Hibbert still looks slim and trim, but with the family diet and limited exercise, that may not last long.
    Post edited by Confutus on
  • Options
    So now I get to show the family:

Liberty Elcone. She hasn't changed...very much.
    66N67zV.png

Xzavier Elcone. # 1 son
    5JDa2u5.png

Hibbert Elcone. #2 son, in High School
    8X7ZeGJ.png

Elora Elcone. Daughter, in Elementary School.
    wjB2P0y.png
  • Options
    Hibbert Elcone after High School and his sister Elora, as a teenager, in the studio room of their new digs.

BE3CRvB.png
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Thank you everyone for sharing all of your great Sim families! I love them all! I also love reading their stories!

I have a little update on Leonardo and his little family.

His pregnant wife aged up to an Adult:

Q0Mhmxv.jpg

And then little Lilli Marie was born:

miAA0Fu.jpg

Here they are all living their best life in their little home:

pcLd9fi.png

And this is their little home in a family-friendly neighbourhood in Newcrest:

ii7Z1Zc.png

xTYuW4e.png

• Options
    MelsieYTMelsieYT Posts: 289 Member
    Maddie and Daisy had twins! Maddie is the oldest daughter of my founding sims. These babies are the first members of gen 3.

aebda45182ed9bbba0cde4ab9e2c2ff47dfd5066.png
    fd4912722869b45d26f05847e84e8d30bf65b18a.png
    5faac43c92dd81a513038039d1ecf4d13d44520a.png

The Gen 2 heir with his little nephew! He doesn't have kids of his own yet but I'm sure his sister's kids are giving him some serious baby fever. It doesn't help that he's also family-oriented.

fcc7e481e3ed4b415e993d1b04b99e5df6792fe8.png