Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5: What would you like to see

I personally would like a cross between the Sims 4 and Sims 3.

Small Neighborhoods/Worlds like the Sims 4 but each one is an open Neighborhood/World. So you only have to wait for the loading screen when traveling to another Neighborhood/World.

I like having many different looking places to live like the Sims 4 but hate that in order to visit my neighbors I have to wait for a load screen.

Free The Babies Please!

I love the toddler beds from the Sims 4 but prefer the toddlers from the Sims 3.

Bring back the Lifetime Happiness & skill journals from Sims 3 but keep the emotions for skill building from the Sims 4.

All occult’s from Sims 3 but let the aliens be more like the Sims 4.

Nectar Making, Cars, Strollers, Bikes for all ages.

More control over building and lot placement like Sims 3 but keep the main build buy aspects of The Sims 4.

Keep the childcare from Sims 4 but if you’re staying in your home world you can choose a babysitter instead.

Please Do Not Make It a Multiplayer Game. That is what the Sims 4 was supposed to be and it has limited the gameplay and functionality. I liked Simport from the Sims 3 and how you had your own studio & page on the exchange.

I have more ideas but would love to hear yours!

Let’s give the Devs a view of what we envision for the Sims 5!

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2020
    1. Semi Open Worlds/connected to each other as a new one is added.
    Open neighborhoods, I do not want my Sim to be able to walk up to the edge of a property then go through a loading screen even though the lot is just across the street and or next door.

2. Personality is everything in The Sims. No ifs and or buts. I never want to again see a good Sim automously do mean interactions just because somehow they were able to gain autonomously a mischief skill. They should have never been able to gain one anyway. And especially not if I didn't push them to learn one.

Evil Sims should be evil not wish for hugs and being friends with someone I just told them to insult or punch. :confused:

#Traits Matter

3. There better be setting the table in TS5, No excuses. I'm not waiting four or five years for that to be added later. Go play TS2, Maxis, and tell me why it took years to add that in TS4.

4. Real conversations about things Sims care about as individuals (no group think) and or events that had actually occured. No more willy nilly speech bubbles that don't mean anything and are just a random set of thought and speech bubbles they cycle through. Again, go figure out how TS2 did this, please.

5. There better be consequences, if I have my Sim lay out of work they better get fired. No more hand holding, oh, look the cute clothes, mindset. If my Sim is stupid enough to start cooking without any cooking skills I am going to expect a fire will kill them, dead. Not pull a fire extinguisher from their rear end. And there better be firefighters.

If they want to add if a Sim hasn't paid their taxes then yeah, firefighters to their place might not show up. But consequences/cause and effect matters.

If I don't feed my Sims I expect they won't have any hidden food in a pocket...c'mon.

6. I never again want to see what EA/Maxis cares about in a game. If I see that then they can buy it and play it.

7. Stupid Sims, if someone is cooking a full meal, they better not start cooking, too. #Awareness Matters

8. If a Sim betrays another there better be more consequences for that, why make my Sim a doormat.

9. A full family set. No more crib babies, no more wait for toddlers, no more giant teens.

10. No more scripted play, I love the life simulator, If I wanted to play scripted play and quests there are thousands of games and dozens of companies who do it better.

11. Group activites, after four generations of this series, I expect more than two Sims to be able to join in on some fun actitivty. You did it way back in 1998 for The Sims, why you watered that down to two or even one is beyond lack of effort.

12. Fishing, is a group activity many times, but in TS4 it's a lone one, and you are telling me no, people don't actually talk and or sit in a boat while they fish, or have a drink while they hold a rod and reel...nor build a relationship. Where have you been? My family did this as a group activity sometimes, down on a river bank. Elders telling the rest of us how to fish and what to do. It built relationships with friends and family, we were not running all over the place to find a specific fish just to fertilize some wilted plant. Priorties. Again, figure out the programming in TS2 so Sims can talk, join, and build a relationship while fishing.

13. Collecting....ok, we get this because some at the top like collecting. Ok, however, the Sim better know they are collecting and what it means to them not to us. We don't need collecting as some extra decor...I need the Sim to know, not me. The Sims is supposed to be about the Sim. Not to fill a hole in the game so players can feel like 'busy'.

If I write anymore there will be ten thousand bullet points, so I will stop, but I think most get the drift. The Sims is about the Sim, and never the player, so why aren't they building a game about the Sim.

14. This has to be a priority. No more free cell phones. I do not want to see every Sim in game have a cell phone. What, are we born with one?

15. Stores, no more free lunch. Sims could use a pc to order food but I don't want to see it magically appear without a delivery truck. And it better not be just click like ordering medicine. Lackluster. Or if they don't own a pc they need to get off their duff and go down to the market. And there should be a cashier. And no we don't want contactless pay machines to ring up the goods. The world is changing but good grief it's not completely changed, yet.

16. NAPS? lol no. If a Sim is stealing stuff because of some slogan 'sharing is caring'..uh, no, theiving is still theiving and there should be cops to arrest them right there on the spot. And what kind of stupid Sim is it to steal their own stuff? #foreveryactionthereisanequalreaction

Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    - i'd say, open world, color wheel, create a world and all those features that have to be hard coded, please try to include them. after 10 years i know it's possible to have them alongside good graphics. sims 3 has performance problems mostly because it was ahead of its time in terms of content, and because it was 32 bit. good developers can do this without leaving a huge amount of bugs.

- a better AI. we have just seen what a flop is when you put the AI of a fridge in the game, it completely ruins gameplay and all the random game choices. in a life simulation game the AI should be one of the top priorities.

- know what you want to do with the game. maxis should know the kind of game they want to develop. if they were wiser they would stick to a life simulator. sims 2 is a good example on how to do it.

- toggles. one of the biggest solutions for the game would be to put as many toggles as possible. allow people to know they're in control of their own saves. toggles for story progression, toggles for occults, etc.

- please stop with the "safe space, represent yourself". i get it, you want your players hooked in the game while getting media's approval, but this is not healthy. the sims should't be anyone's safe space and shouldn't promote people to get away from their problems by playing this game. games are a form of entertainment and to some, a creative tool. but what it shouldn't be is a therapist.

- stop with the expensive amount of packs. i understand that you want to group a wealthy player base, and that gaming is a luxury, but what is ridiculous is how shallow the quality from the packs are regarding its price. if you gonna charge people 20, 30 or 40$ at least make it worth it. because at the end of the day if you keep scamming people not even rich people is going to keep buying.

- please listen to your fans. most of us have been playing the sims since the start, we know our expectations and it's not fair to ignore us after we've been supporting this franchise for 20 years.

- please for the sims 5, hire more professional people. don't allow massive mistakes like the ones from ts4. it's a shame for the franchise, for the fans, for yourself, just for what, to save a bunch of money? invest in the quality of your workers.

ea, you have past sims games as reference, you have the fans, you have our feedback, you have the money,
    tf is stopping you from developing an amazing game??
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    edited September 2020
    I'm going to list all the things Sims 5 should have:

-Cars,pets,seasons/weather,pools,spiral staircases,multi-purpose lots(like in sims 1),ghosts,basements,graveyards.apartments and toddlers should all be in the base game. No excuses. Apartments should also be fully customizable,and be put into ANY world we want. There also should be NO rabbit hole buildings(like the annoying ones in Sims 3)-the only rabbit holes we should have in Sims 5 are school and port-a-potties. Also let us follow our Sims to work. No more rabbit hole jobs.

-Let us have the exciting CAS/CAP screens from Sims 2 and Sims 3. No more boring and ugly solid-colored backgrounds

-Also give us the option to home-school our kids in the Sims 5 base game. I stopped playing families with kids because having to get your kids on the school bus every weekday is stressful.

-Speaking of pets,give us cats,dogs,reptiles,fish,rodents and birds.

-The sims should like the Sims from 2 or 4. Never give us Sims 3 type Sims(where EVERY single Sim was fat-faced and blobby-nosed with crooked lips) ever again.

-Let us have the building options of Sims 4.

-If you put festivals in a pack,let us decide what kinds of festivals we want and where we want them.Let us fully conrol our festivals. Having festivals only in the city doesn't even make any sense at all.

-If you do occults,never nerf things like alien abductions or vampire break-ins. I did not buy the vampires pack just so the vampires would walk around and not to anything exciting.

-Retail should be just like "Open For Business". Never give us the annoying tablets to check customers out again. Let us have the freedom of having cashiers like Sims 1 and 2 had.

-Please bring back the Create-a-Style,Create-a World.open world and the color wheel for the base game.

-No more story-driven packs. JUngle Adventure was okay,but Strangerville was one of the worst packs ever!

-The base game should also contain different worlds: Give us something like an American-inspired 50s suburban town, a Scandinavian-inspired town,an, Irish-styled town,a Japanese-inspired town,etc. I may live in the USA,but I really dont want to see all USA-inspired towns in the base game

-Sims should STAY PUT at home when I stop playing the game,and they should still be standing there doing nothing when I return. No more having Sims go runnig off to who-knows-where when I don't play the game.It's annoying and it wastes my time when I have to travel from Brindleton Bay all the way to fetch a Sim who's all the way over in San Myshuno for some weird reason.

-No more checklists for public lots. If we want to build a vet clinic,a spa,a library and a gym on one lot,let us do so! These checklists are just pointless!

-Sims should take only 20 seconds to eat like they did in Sims 1-3. Having Sims taking 30-60 minutes to eat is annoying and unrealistic, Who takes a whole hour to eat,anyway?

-Bring back horoscopes,favorites and likes/dislikes.

-No more plunking bars into every pack you turn out. Ii got annoying by the time Jungle Adventures was released,and bars just don't add anything new or exciting to the game. The same goes for gyms and libraries.

-Sims should be like the ones in Sims 2 and Sims 3-full of personality. Let us have the 5 traits back,and make sure the traits actaully WORK this time. No more having evil Sims be nice to everyone...no more having Loner Sims want to be in huge crowds...no more having Lazy sims want to go work out at the gym,etc.

Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    JokubasJokubas Posts: 100 Member
    edited September 2020
    There's a lot of content ideas I could list, but I want to keep this simpler and more overarching.

* An easy first, I'd like to see as many traditionally-expansion-features squeezed into the base game as possible. Obviously, it's not practical for a new game to have as much development put into it as a game that's been out for years and years, and the other traditional response is something like "what would they sell later?", but I think it's important to do what they can. The Sims 4's bare bones launch dealt it a blow that it took years to recover from, and I think that's proof that there's only going to continue to be diminishing returns on the same expansions every time. I take it for granted when I'm playing, but when I look up other suggestions, I realize there is a lot the Sims can still do, or has never done. There's no lack of potential for expansion ideas.

* Regardless of how the first point is handled, the game needs a solid foundation that's built to be more modular from the beginning. What I mean by that is, by this point, we all know that there's a lot of past expansions whose features won't make it for launch, but they're going to eventually recreate. A better plan should be in place for these ahead of time. I only had a few expansions for the Sims 3, and still none for Sims 4, but I've heard horror stories of how poorly some of them end up interacting with each other, or how the games can start running poorly with too many of them activated. For instance, if you don't have an old staple like Seasons at launch, still design things with the idea that rain might eventually be added, so that when Seasons are added, they're properly backward compatible.

** As an addendum to that, make individual features themselves be more customizable. I've heard that the packs that add things like Vampires or Aliens either tend to dominate your neighborhoods or otherwise force you to deal with unrealistic situations you may not have wanted in your game, even if there was something else really important to you in that pack. At the very least, a toggle for supernatural elements could be added across the board.

* I want a massive pass on customization. The whole point of this game is to make simulated people (often yourself), so absolutely anything that could be added to allow you to get just that much closer can make a huge difference, even as something as simple as a height slider.

** The increased "social awareness" that has been patched into the Sims 4 is something that the Sims 5 could really embrace to add whole new layers of customization. One idea I believe I read on these forums a few years back was something as simple as adding wheelchairs. That alone could add a whole new dynamic to the game, with interesting considerations for things like wheelchair accessibility, and it could mean a lot to people who want to make a Sim of themselves, scars and all.

** I really want layered clothing. I want to pick an undershirt, then a jacket, then the scarf on top. Not just "pick a top, hope you like the combination". It's not too terribly difficult to put together if the game is built for it from the beginning, but it has a massive impact on customization. I also think it would actually make me more excited for new clothing options in packs, because each one could be paired with every other one, instead of one thing being off about a piece of clothing being enough to ruin it for an outfit you're going for. This could tie into other systems in fun, dynamic ways as well, like laundry and even work uniforms. Also, of course, let us color them however we want. If the limited options in Sims 4 were added to in expansions I would have been annoyed but at least understood why there was a change, but that didn't happen.

* This one is more subjective, but it means a lot to me. I'd like to see a less... extreme art style next time. The cartoony, "stylized realism" angle is something that works well and allowed even the first Sims game to age fairly well, but I think the Sims 4 went overboard with the expressions. No matter how long I spend customizing a character's facial features or their personality traits, the next moment they're posing, raising their eyebrows super high, and putting on this painfully self-satisfied smirk that instantly replaces all of the character I worked hard to put into their design with an appearance they share with everyone else in the game.
    Post edited by Jokubas on
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    The improvement of the franchise. Don't ask what you know all the details already. Lets face it, removing to many stuff gets you hated. Get a really fun improved Life Simulator, with lots of creative tools to mess around. Todays tech can handle much more espcially open world games. Thats all.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I just want Sims 4’s lovely toddlers and B/B, Sims 2’s and Sims 3’s Sims’ AI and Sims 2’s details and charm, many stuff from Sims 2 and Sims 3, and the freedom of Sims 3’s creative tools and ability for all Sims of all ages to be able to travel all over the worlds (like babies are freed from cribs and can be carried anywhere like Sims toddlers, etc).

I basically want a mix of Sims 2 and Sims 3 and peppered with some improved features from Sims 4.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)