Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken/Updated Mods & CC: SW:JB Sept.-Oct. 2020

Comments

• Options
    WombleWomble Posts: 62 Member
    edited September 2020
    @Alayafant if you dont mind i answering the question my own way to get the updates, i joined some channel on discord which they actively talk about which mod just released, updated or broken
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @Coconut27 Head over to LittleMsSam's Discord server. She does active support there :)

@Alayfant A bunch of different ways! For Mod the Sims content, I have a bookmark for a particular file search, and another for checking for creator reports that their mod is fine. I follow lots of modders on Tumblr, as well as accounts that retweet creators. I have a Twitter list of modders. I get some Patreon updates in my mailbox. I'm on piles of modders' Discord servers as well Deaderpool's server, where some other people, including modders, post about updates, and the same for the Creator Musings server, where also post non-breakage-related update news and which rebroadcasts the Deaderpool announcements so I can post some things in one place only and so members who aren't on Deaderpool's server get announcements from there while I'm asleep or working or in class or hanging with my family. And yes, sometimes people will PM me or tag me about updates. I run through my sources during my morning coffee, and when things are busy in modding land, during coffee breaks later in the day.

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Mod Updates
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    An Update from Bienchen
    I'm still really busy with moving houses, but I least I do have internet again now. It would be really helpful if you could post any issues you have with my mods as I do neither own Eco Living nor the new Star Wars Pack. ... I haven’t read all of your comments yet, but I hope I’ll get around to it soon. Please notice that I am not at all open to requests right now. ...
    If you have errors to report to Bienchen, please first isolate the error to a specific mod with no other mods installed, please name the mod file exactly for her and explain what happens, and please post here as well. Thanks!
  • Options
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    @Coconut27 Head over to LittleMsSam's Discord server. She does active support there :)

@Alayfant A bunch of different ways! For Mod the Sims content, I have a bookmark for a particular file search, and another for checking for creator reports that their mod is fine. I follow lots of modders on Tumblr, as well as accounts that retweet creators. I have a Twitter list of modders. I get some Patreon updates in my mailbox. I'm on piles of modders' Discord servers as well Deaderpool's server, where some other people, including modders, post about updates, and the same for the Creator Musings server, where also post non-breakage-related update news and which rebroadcasts the Deaderpool announcements so I can post some things in one place only and so members who aren't on Deaderpool's server get announcements from there while I'm asleep or working or in class or hanging with my family. And yes, sometimes people will PM me or tag me about updates. I run through my sources during my morning coffee, and when things are busy in modding land, during coffee breaks later in the day.

Oh cool, thanks!
  • Options
    Mod Updates from LittleMsSam
    • Personal Objects
    • Send Sims to Bed
  • Options
    discoduck227discoduck227 Posts: 62 Member
    annettssims4welt.blogspot.com/ has some new Batuu related content. Most of it is on the first page when you click on it but if you go to the next one, there are also a couple of CAS backgrounds there. I have been using her CAS backgrounds for a while now and they are really stunning. I would recommend them.
  • Options
    ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    @Reitanna did you see the post about a temporary fix? Apparently you can use a non-cc window, shrink it down, and hide it behind a cc window to restore its transparency. I haven't tried it myself, so I can't vouch for it, but it sounds promising!

I apologize for being off-topic.

i'm just gonna wait for sims4studio to make a batch fix. it's annoying though. i wish maxis cared a LITTLE about mods, just enough to be careful not to break them.
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png
  • Options
    ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    Hoppel785 wrote: »
    Am I right that the modder Fogity only releases his mods against payment? From July the mods are no longer freely available! As far as I know, after a period of time the mods and creations should be made available to the public. I am a creator myself and do not take any fees but make my creations freely available to everyone.

you're correct. i believe it's in section 5 of EA's terms of service agreement that, after two weeks, any CC posted must be free for the entire public. creator's freely ignore this, i assume because they only care about money.
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member

You are a saint. Thank you for being here and making this community a better place.
  • Options
    kfortikforti Posts: 210 Member
    Reitanna wrote: »
    Hoppel785 wrote: »
    Am I right that the modder Fogity only releases his mods against payment? From July the mods are no longer freely available! As far as I know, after a period of time the mods and creations should be made available to the public. I am a creator myself and do not take any fees but make my creations freely available to everyone.

you're correct. i believe it's in section 5 of EA's terms of service agreement that, after two weeks, any CC posted must be free for the entire public. creator's freely ignore this, i assume because they only care about money.

Fogity moved to Patreon but all the mods are still always free..
    I have no wishlist as I own the store....when I accumulate enough sim points I will be back to gift more people :)
  • Options
    Updated Mods
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    A NOTE ABOUT PATREON AND THE LIKE

Many Sims 4 creators use Patreon as a platform out of convenience, without gating their content at all or without gating it for more than the approximately two weeks that Maxis has told creators is okay. Patreon is a stable place to host downloadable content, allows subscriptions with or without "rewards", can autolink subscribers to a Discord channel for support, and can email out announcements.

Creators who don't freely release content within 2 to 3 weeks will not be announced here. The same is true for any mod/CC that makes pack-only content available to people without that pack.
  • Options
    Updated Mods
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

Many Sims 4 creators use Patreon as a platform out of convenience, without gating their content at all or without gating it for more than the approximately two weeks that Maxis has told creators is okay. Patreon is a stable place to host downloadable content, allows subscriptions with or without "rewards", can autolink subscribers to a Discord channel for support, and can email out announcements.

Creators who don't freely release content within 2 to 3 weeks will not be announced here. The same is true for any mod/CC that makes pack-only content available to people without that pack.

whats gating? i said i would ask less questions not no questions. :)
  • Options
    GiveMeADundieGiveMeADundie Posts: 28 Member
    edited September 2020

Gated content is content that visitors can access after they've provided their information (e.g. providing an email address). On Patreon, creators establish perks and tiers for patrons (users/visitors), offering exclusive content and access to their work in exchange for financial support. Most creators simply start with a $1/month tier, others have higher tiers. (i.e. crowdfunding their work). Creators put hours and hours of work into their mods/CC, often only being a side hobby.
    "I'm not what I think I am. I'm not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am."

• Options
    ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 371 Member
    Does anyone know if KiaraSims4Mods has a patreon or if she moved her site
    For the last three days I have been trying to go to her site to update some traditions traits and events that have been updated earlier this week and its gone
    Thank you very much
  • Options
    Just to add to what @allisonwonderland says, creators who are following Maxis protocol only temporarily gate their content.

@ZazzyKittyn Kiara has been overhauling her website. It should be back to normal soon.
  • Options
    ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 371 Member
    @luthienrising thank you will check mid of next week to see if up
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

Gated content is content that visitors can access after they've provided their information (e.g. providing an email address). On Patreon, creators establish perks and tiers for patrons (users/visitors), offering exclusive content and access to their work in exchange for financial support. Most creators simply start with a $1/month tier, others have higher tiers. (i.e. crowdfunding their work). Creators put hours and hours of work into their mods/CC, often only being a side hobby.

thank you. i knew patreons sometimes get perks. i didn't know it had a name.
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    Ten Bienchen updates :)<3
    https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/update-20-september-2020/

moregroceryshopping
    buymore_phone
    roommatefix
    moreautonomouskiddiepoollounging
    funeral
    awayactions
    loveemailtweak
    siblingcaretweaks
    swimmingisfunandhygienic
    whimoverhaul

I don't know if any of these are related to the latest patch/pack - sorry - but I thought it'd be useful for folk to know that Bienchen has updated some mods. Let me know @luthienrising if you want me to delete some/all.
  • Options
    Oh wow! Thank you, @loubyloulou ! I generally just list all Bienchen updates since she often doesn't specify if it's pack/patch/broken or a feature change.

Mod Updates
    Livestream Without Social Media Career! (Xceptionz, updated by Peridot)
    Resorts and Hotels (KawaiiStacie)

Mod Updates by Bienchen
    • moregroceryshopping
    • buymore_phone
    • roommatefix
    • moreautonomouskiddiepoollounging
    • funeral
    • awayactions
    • loveemailtweak
    • siblingcaretweaks
    • swimmingisfunandhygienic
    • whimoverhaul

• Options
    Reported Fine by Creator
    • by the Scumbumbo team: Call Anytime + Relationship Mod, Unlisted Phone Numbers
  • Options
    Reported Fine by Creator
    • by the Scumbumbo team: Keep Instruments in Inventory

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top