Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which pack would you be happy to see?

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Werescythe wrote: »
    There are so many occult lifestates that I would love to see. I still don't understand why we can't have a pack with all the occults like we did in Sims 3.

Werescythe
    If all occults were shipped in one pack they’ll be like mermaids and aliens, instead of vampires and spellcasters.
    I don’t mind that the more fleshed out occults come in gamepacks. I do agree that there should be more of them.
    I prefer fleshed out supernaturals too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ValeahValeah Posts: 98 Member
    None of these / Other
    I would love a Werewolves/Fae/Occult pack. And a Medieval pack (one that is a proper Sims pack. Not like SIms 3 Medieval, which I never enjoyed).
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Werewolves / fae / occult
    Any pack that brings us werewolves tbh, though I am slowly coming round to the concept of farming as well. That would probably be my second choice if only because it seems to be in such high demand.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    None of these / Other
    Bugfixing.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 157 Member
    There are so many occult lifestates that I would love to see. I still don't understand why we can't have a pack with all the occults like we did in Sims 3.

@Werescythe
    If all occults were shipped in one pack they’ll be like mermaids and aliens, instead of vampires and spellcasters.
    I don’t mind that the more fleshed out occults come in gamepacks. I do agree that there should be more of them.

That's fair. I just feel that if they were to release a big, well thought out, occult pack that it might solve the issue with the normies (I can't recall what they're called) who don't want any supernatural stuff in their games. Just one single pack they don't have to buy.

But that's just me. :smile:
    I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD
  • Options
    kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    Medieval

@Werescythe

That's fair. I just feel that if they were to release a big, well thought out, occult pack that it might solve the issue with the normies (I can't recall what they're called) who don't want any supernatural stuff in their games. Just one single pack they don't have to buy.

But that's just me. :smile:

I think it's fairly clear that "if you don't want what's in this pack you don't need to buy it" isn't viewed as a solution by a lot of people.
    Any pack that brings us werewolves tbh, though I am slowly coming round to the concept of farming as well. That would probably be my second choice if only because it seems to be in such high demand.

I have never been able to figure out why people are interested in a farming pack. Getting more B/B stuff to make good barns and whatnot? Sure. But as far as actual gameplay, what's the appeal? What would sims do in a farming expansion that they don't do if you just get a big lot and plant a bunch of stuff?

• Options
    YunaYuna Posts: 231 Member
    They probably release werewolves separately as a gamepack/or with farming.. and other occults in other packs.. hope next year will be a year for more occults!
  • Options
    WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 157 Member
    Yuna wrote: »
    They probably release werewolves separately as a gamepack/or with farming.. and other occults in other packs.. hope next year will be a year for more occults!

Now I could definitely see that. If they do a farming pack it would make sense for it to have werewolves in it as well (hopefully).
    I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    None of these / Other
    I agree with what some others have said about the lack of romance. I would love an expansion of chemistry, dating, and also family gameplay. Making babies better and also making elders better. They should be able to do a lot more!
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    Farming
    I thought we had generations??? I voted for farming, the best out of all of them for me. I like my sims to be self sufficent. none have jobs and work at home. so a small fam would be great. I miss having horses.
  • Options
    kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    Medieval
    I thought we had generations???

We got Parenthood, which is more focused on adults being parents.

Gameplay in TS4 is heavily focused on playing as young adults.

Toddlers, which weren't originally in the game, mostly just exist as time sinks that train up skills that will not carry over to childhood because if you max everything out, they'll start off with a skill of 2, almost 3, in all of the child skills. And then as a child, all of the childhood aspirations are basically, "Do these specific things and max out your skills." The only purpose to doing that is to get achievement points and traits that let you learn adult skills a bit faster. But also there's virtually nothing else to do as a child. There are very few child-to-child activities, unlike previous editions of The Sims.

Once a sim becomes a teen, they're basically a young adult, able to do all the young adult stuff except have a job and woohoo (but they can "mess around"). Then they become a young adult, where they can do everything in the game. And then an adult, where they function identically to young adults, but they get a couple of deeper lines on their faces. And then they become elders, where they still function exactly like young adults, just with a stooped posture and grey hair ... and if they exert themselves too much they'll get a negative moodlet. I think the only elder-specific interactions came with Nifty Knitting and they're basically just reminiscing about the past.
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited September 2020
    Farming
    I need this Halloween themed carnival in Forgotten Hollow. Fully equipped with a cemetery and everything. Seriously would LOVE an amusement themed pack.

WwOX5yY.jpg

Funny, this really looks like Magic Town from TS1 Makin' Magic. Oh, the memories..
  • Options
    Farming
    Absolutely adored Nifty Knitting but the rest of the packs this year have been hit and miss for me (not even getting started on SW:JtB). I’d love horses/farming and some really in-depth expansion of living off the land. I think it would fit with the eco theme they went for before a random change of direct of their Disney kind.

Proper gardens/crop growing facilities, greenhouses, tractors/lawnmowers, bigger lots for these farms, cows you can milk, chickens for eggs, sheep you can sheer (and a loom to make wool for your knitting empire), a garden stall to sell your products to passers by (to make random townies actually serve some purpose other than breaking immersion), a full on farmers market weekly in town, soap/nectar/jam&jelly making, horses you can ride & an equestrian centre you can do eventing at (will accept a rabbit hole if you can train Dressage, Showjumping and Cross Country on home lots in a proper arena), western riding like barrel racing and herding cattle (with shows at the center), and so much more. There is so much they could do with this to make it awesome, immersive and really go all in on the eco/country lifestyle stuff.

But I also want more occult options (elves, werewolves, fae, unicorns (and nightmares), dragons, mummies, zombies). I think some medieval stuff could be awesome but I really want them to do some sort of Happy Haunts thing. Grim Reaper, Ghost Hunter and Psychic/Medium playable careers with like mortician, grave digger, an other associated careers for additional rabbit hole content. Or all of the above together would be amazing. So yeah that’s what I would love to see right now off the top of my head. I wouldn’t mind expansion on dates and relationships and romance either but I can make do without that at the moment and not as keen as the other things listed.

Also the bog standard cars, babies that aren’t objects, better skin tones, more diversity and inclusivity, bunk beds but I think they need to be a base game free update at this point.
  • Options
    Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited September 2020
    Generations style pack
    It took all of my willpower not to vote for an occult pack. But I don't particularly need that anymore since my three main ones are already here (vampires, spellcasters, and aliens) and this game has already shown it's not as good at focusing on multiple features in one pack. At least not the way TS3 was.

So I'm going for something that's actually needed and that more of the community can benefit from. Generations. Even after Parenthood, the non-Young Adult ages still need some serious fleshing out. Especially teens and elders.