Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Whats Broke Now

Comments

• Options
    gwaters503gwaters503 Posts: 4 New Member
    > @GeneralChang said:
    > Aside from the usual disaster when there is a patch, I can no longer use the stained glass door and its matching single window. They were fine in my houses the day before, now they appear broken. The houses have no CC used. I had also taken out my mods and CC to check. I shall wait for more problems to show up, as they no doubt will with the poor game play testing.

Even their own items broke, not just cc ones. A few doors and windows. Don't they playtest the game to check if the patch works? Its getting very old.
  • Options
    gothbuniegothbunie Posts: 43 Member
    Glad to know that someone else have the window issue. Except not so glad to know it's an actual issue. I was hoping I could just repair my game and that's that :(
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    gothbunie wrote: »
    Glad to know that someone else have the window issue. Except not so glad to know it's an actual issue. I was hoping I could just repair my game and that's that :(
    Sometimes deleting the localthumbnail cache file located in documents>electronic arts>Sims 4 can help too. They just added a cache called avatar cache too to help with the CAS crashes that were happening with the game. The cache file will regenerate once you launch the game. Think of it like internet cookies, once you clear that history it resets it but without losing save files. Repairing the game can help too after clearing that cache file. Then if you are still having issues, contact SimGuruNick about it on Twitter or report it in the bug forums in EA help.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    People on Answers HQ report that we can't resume unfinished knitting projects. Is that true? I can't test on vacation.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    People on Answers HQ report that we can't resume unfinished knitting projects. Is that true? I can't test on vacation.

In order to resume projects, I had to make sure the Sim was seated first. Just clicking on a chair > knit > resume project did not work for me. The Sim gets that “something is in the way” bubble with the shoulder shrug. But if the person is seated, then I can click on the chair they’re sitting in and go to knit > resume project.
  • Options
    Chazzzy wrote: »

In order to resume projects, I had to make sure the Sim was seated first. Just clicking on a chair > knit > resume project did not work for me. The Sim gets that “something is in the way” bubble with the shoulder shrug. But if the person is seated, then I can click on the chair they’re sitting in and go to knit > resume project.

Thank you very much, so there is at least a workaround 😁
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Sounds kinda like the workaround to use the laptop with certain tables and chairs. Its ridiculous that we need "workarounds" with the level of tech available these days.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    I think this has been broken for a while, but my sims get stuck watching movies, like the movie just loops while the progress bar just freezes at the start. I've only seen it work once in maybe nine difference saves. Also, Dine Out is still broken, but I don't think that's news at this point. :-/
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    sapphiretigersapphiretiger Posts: 260 Member
    Not read through the whole thread yet but had anyone noticed that groups playing darts never play the whole game? You get the moodlets as if they have but only one sim actually throws any darts. It's irritating because it's a good way to get multiple people as friends. Please fix this EA!
  • Options
    sapphiretigersapphiretiger Posts: 260 Member
    Also noticed left overs are causing kids and toddlers from fridge to pause and not eat fully. Plus portion sizes don't go down and don't seem to fill them up.
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    I haven't updated since spring and won't be doing it anytime soon, if ever. It's only getting worse with every following patch.
  • Options
    SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    > @AngeliqueAdelaide said:
    > I haven't updated since spring and won't be doing it anytime soon, if ever. It's only getting worse with every following patch.

My last update was the patch before the patch for Eco Lifestyle. I figured the pre-Eco patch would introduce a bunch of bugs, because of all the gameplay changes. However, I also thought that they would have churned out fixes for most of it by now, rather than layering on another bunch of bugs for another game pack. I'll be glad when I can (eventually) update again, but not sure when that will be.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

All my essential mods were good to go, tested mods and my favorite CC on the second computer and everything worked! So now I’ve updated my game.

I just need do download Batuu in a few hours and then I can go offline again :)
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I've been having a few bug issues myself since the update. My sims grab plates of food and put them down without even eating then grab another plate and do the same plus they cancel all other actions just to get a glass of water or constantly play basket ball and won't quit unless I constantly cancel their actions and make them eat or remove the basket ball goal if I don't they end up dying from starvation. It really is getting bad.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    BMSO wrote: »
    I've been having a few bug issues myself since the update. My sims grab plates of food and put them down without even eating then grab another plate and do the same plus they cancel all other actions just to get a glass of water or constantly play basket ball and won't quit unless I constantly cancel their actions and make them eat or remove the basket ball goal if I don't they end up dying from starvation. It really is getting bad.

I had something like that earlier but not quite that bad. Had to remind the sims to do things, it was irritating.
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Do you guys get all these bugs with your Mods folder pulled too? It's possible that one of your mods is actually causing some of the problems even if people say it isn't broken. I discovered that there had been a new hotfix uploaded on a mod I use about a day after I'd updated the previous update. My game is running better, not perfectly, but much better. Except for the water drinking, that is still extremely persistent. ;)
  • Options
    SayNoToGnomesSayNoToGnomes Posts: 44 Member
    Really starting to wonder how much play testing is actually going into these patches. It's basic problems like these that made some simmers so disappointed about Batuu, they have the time and resources (and a firm nudge from Disney) to chuck out a Star Wars pack but apparently not to fix bugs and problems that are basically game breaking and limiting.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Really starting to wonder how much play testing is actually going into these patches. It's basic problems like these that made some simmers so disappointed about Batuu, they have the time and resources (and a firm nudge from Disney) to chuck out a Star Wars pack but apparently not to fix bugs and problems that are basically game breaking and limiting.

They probably just test the new DLC with the base game installed.
  • Options
    SayNoToGnomesSayNoToGnomes Posts: 44 Member
    [quote="Felicity;c-17650922"][quote="SayNoToGnomes;c-17650913"]Really starting to wonder how much play testing is actually going into these patches. It's basic problems like these that made some simmers so disappointed about Batuu, they have the time and resources (and a firm nudge from Disney) to chuck out a Star Wars pack but apparently not to fix bugs and problems that are basically game breaking and limiting.[/quote]

They probably just test the new DLC with the base game installed. [/quote]

I kind of get the impression that might be what they’re doing. It’s like, uh, hey EA/Maxis, we need our game to work if you want us to be able to play that DLC 😂
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    This is technically not broken, but my notifications seem to be messed up. They go by really fast (drop down and then disappear quickly) or just don't appear at all for some instances. I keep having to open the notification box to see what the notes say. This just started happening with the latest patch.
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    A problem that I have had lately is that my Sims get stuck in rooms and are unable to leve or enter a specific room. The way I solve it by exchanging doors
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Just found a bad bug related to the get famous career chance cards - got one that offered a promotion and fame - I took it and when my sim got home, he still had the 'at work' icon and options and inventory unavailable. I tried the 'leave early' option, resetting, traveling, going out of game and back in, and nothing fixed it. I finally tried quitting the job and retaking it - that helped a little - no longer said 'at work', but the work option icon was still there with the only option being 'leave early' which did nothing and inventory still unavailable. After that did not work - I rage quit and had to go back to a previous save and make sure I did not use the same option on the chance card.

Also having issues sometimes with them never finishing eating.

Also have the chess table and movie issues.

The bugs just seem to be getting worse and piling up making this game very frustrating to play.
  • Options
    Not read through the whole thread yet but had anyone noticed that groups playing darts never play the whole game? You get the moodlets as if they have but only one sim actually throws any darts. It's irritating because it's a good way to get multiple people as friends. Please fix this EA!

@sapphiretiger Crinrict has confirmed your bug and started a thread about it. Click me too if you like:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GT-Playing-Darts-not-working-as-it-should/m-p/9477809#M155000

I looks like voidcritter games are broken like chess games.
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Another bug - if you change a sim's hair in CAS - the career and naked outfits still have the original hair.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    The last patch didn't fix anything but broke everything 😭!?

Surprise!!!! 😂