Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You got a backwards lightsabor in official art y'all!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yeah that is bad, but did make me laugh.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    Have you watched the full video to see the many different styles? Or are you just looking at the thumbnail of the video?

I've watched the video in full but I don't think it clears Maxis' mistake. It would be better if you can tell us exactly which model of hilt and emitter that they used for their image.

This is Rey's lightsaber:

latest?cb=20200316231632

I don't know why they couldn't just replicate this.

a436d87589d01fe4f26ad8f5656bd13c.jpg

From what I understand all the lightsabers in the pack are pieces that can be bought at Galaxys edge, I’m assuming that’s why they didn’t use hers? I don’t know it’s late and I’m tried xD
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Yeah that is bad, but did make me laugh.

xD I've been laughing.
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Komura wrote: »
    Have you watched the full video to see the many different styles? Or are you just looking at the thumbnail of the video?

I've watched the video in full but I don't think it clears Maxis' mistake. It would be better if you can tell us exactly which model of hilt and emitter that they used for their image.

latest?cb=20200316231632

From what I understand all the lightsabers in the pack are pieces that can be bought at Galaxys edge, I’m assuming that’s why they didn’t use hers? I don’t know it’s late and I’m tried xD

But no components that replicate hers? I just think more likely the artist that drew Rey didn't do their homework on her or on lightsabers in general.

• Options

latest?cb=20200316231632

But no components that replicate hers? I just think more likely the artist that drew Rey didn't do their homework on her or on lightsabers in general.

You’re right lmao. I shouldn’t laugh, I know I shouldn’t, but this whole thing is just a circus at this point 😂😂
  • Options

latest?cb=20200316231632

Not drew probably rendered it in 3D <3.
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,184 Member
  • Options
    latest?cb=20200412192404
    Turns out Lightsabers have different designs.

I really see no difference other than one is green and one is bluish.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    To me it looks sort of similar to the one on the left in this pic

GqTTmNf.png

(that's at 1.35 in the video)

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I know at Disneyland you can design your lightsaber too which is a fun activity for the kids. It was fun watching the show they put on. Now there is a huge land for it. Some of the Gurus were talking about how they took their kids to the new attraction and now it makes sense. Usually they make trips before the pack releases. Like Gurus went camping before Outdoor Retreat and SimGuruGrant went to Hawaii before Island Living came out.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Oo and the aliens arent really aliens either? Just sims in costume so they wont be occult like or have their own powers? You have the option to make one in cas.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited September 2020
    Does it really matter? Maybe making it this way was intentional. This is The Sims...
  • Options
    elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    I'm pretty sure that's Anakin's lightsaber (hence the pic of Anakin in the OP, I'm sure).

31WQNzJ

except...y'know...with the scary, arm-slicey part coming out of the wrong end (whoOPS!)

I used to have one of those super-cool LED lightsabers (I had Anakin's), so I know it well.

Of course, I'm not a Star Wars ultra-nerd or anything (and I say that with love btw), so I could be wrong.

Still... I ain't as wrong as that art is 😬

Editing to add a pic of Rey holding (what looks to be) the same lightsaber (note the black lines of the grip in her lower hand), but with the aforementioned scary, arm-slicey part coming out of the right end:

32VrTzQ
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I was surprised to learn that the blades aren't really telescopic.
  • Options
    NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    Not a mistake, lightsabers all look differently.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    If y'all don't know that every, single lightsaber is uniquely constructed, and all are different, then you haven't been following Star Wars.

Some people will complain about anything.
  • Options
    elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    35bgnTs

One of these things is not like the others...!

I do genuinely think someone made a mistake, and that's okay. No one is perfect, not even the person/people responsible for the official art. I can't speak for the others, but for me it's not really that serious. Just kinda funny lol

(Edited to fix a typo -- silly fingies~)
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    Yeah, it looks like whoever made that picture did a mistake.

I won't lie. I would totally make that mistake too.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    There are many different designs and styles of lightsabers.

Watch and learn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDIWirJJXHk

They're using Anakin's lightsaber in the promo...the "blade" is coming out of the hilt, so it is in fact upside down in the image for the lightsaber in question.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Somebody please tell me this pack is for April's Fools or something. :joy:
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Yall I don't think it's that deep lol. Some people are taking this way too seriously (on both sides of the discussion)
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »
    Somebody please tell me this pack is for April's Fools or something. :joy:

I’m still hoping I wake up from this nightmare 😂
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    This is 100 percent a mistake from someone in the art department not being a star wars fan hahaha
  • Options
    wow this thread blew up.