Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New patch update.

boyinflorida21boyinflorida21 Posts: 477 Member
What is it for just got one for the game but no notes what it updates almost 7 gb of updates.

Comments

• Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    What is it for just got one for the game but no notes what it updates almost 7 gb of updates.

It’s ~840mb, the 7gb is not the patch
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited September 2020
    https://simsvip.com/2020/09/03/the-sims-4-new-game-patch-september-3rd-2020/

Super small patch and we can elope in other worlds.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
  • Options
    I am more excited for the patch than the pack to be honest.

we can elope in vacation worlds......that about it.
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    Now if they would fix the Debug item issues...anyone with this problem(including me) cannot build new community spaces or community gardens.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    Truecrime_addictTruecrime_addict Posts: 108 Member
    > @KaeChan2089 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > we can elope in vacation worlds......that about it.

Nah. Many, many players who build (myself included) had wanted to be able to stack windows. Now we can. Its a bigger development for many of us who like to build, than others may realize :) This patch actually has me pumped to load my game.

I mean i play sims 4 often anyway (i like it despite being disappointed recently) But i needed some more pizazz.And this patch brings that, for me anyway.
  • Options
    > @KaeChan2089 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > we can elope in vacation worlds......that about it.

Nah. Many, many players who build (myself included) had wanted to be able to stack windows. Now we can. Its a bigger development for many of us who like to build, than others may realize :) This patch actually has me pumped to load my game.

I mean i play sims 4 often anyway (i like it despite being disappointed recently) But i needed some more pizazz.And this patch brings that, for me anyway.

And that's great. I never build so xD.
  • Options
    Onverser wrote: »
    What on earth are those bug fixes. None of the bugs people have been talking about since Eco Lifestyle have been fixed. It's pretty ridiculous at this point

Do they even wanna fix their game??? :(
  • Options
    Truecrime_addictTruecrime_addict Posts: 108 Member
    > @Pamtastic72 said:
    > I am more excited for the patch than the pack to be honest.

Same! Just 2 days ago i was working on a build and thinking, darn! The windows are glitching because they are too close together. Sometimes it just wont allow you to place windows a certain way. Now that frustration is over :)
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    Yet they aren’t addressing the plant issues . Smh
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited September 2020
    Onverser wrote: »
    What on earth are those bug fixes. None of the bugs people have been talking about since Eco Lifestyle have been fixed. It's pretty ridiculous at this point
    Honestly, I've come to expect this.
    • RoM had bugs lasting for months, and the potion fix was worse than the mods that dealt with it.
    • Island Living had more bugs and it took a long time before we got the missing counter, and then they had to redo it in another patch.
    • When they retooled the game and their loading screens caused headaches and issues in people with certain conditions, they waited a whole month before fixing it.
    • IIRC, the celebrity issues in Get Famous weren't dealt with until the next year.
    • They patched out wading in the water a month or two after we got it & haven't gotten back to it since.

If we're lucky, Eco Lifestyle might get patched next month. Assuming we even get a patch then.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    The window stacking thing is awesome but I was honestly expecting more bug fixes :'(
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    And for this little bit of nothing, I once again have to update all my mods. Great.

Genuine question, though: What do they mean in the patch notes about a toddler's spellcaster form? Spellcasters don't have an alternate form... or do they now? I'm kind of afraid to open my game...
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited September 2020
    https://simsvip.com/2020/09/03/the-sims-4-new-game-patch-september-3rd-2020/

Super small patch and we can elope in other worlds.

Does this mean sims can get married in vacation worlds with the elope option? If so this is so great I never thought they would let us do this. For me this is better then stacking windows as I've wanted so many of my sims to get married in granite falls or selvadorada.
  • Options
    SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    edited September 2020
    Glad that we get to place windows on top of each other (I actually have wanted to do this at least once, maybe twice in the years I've played the game, so there's that). Glad sims can elope in destination worlds now. Glad a handful of bugs got fixed too.

Am I going to be seen as "negative" or "entitled" if I say I had hoped there'd be something new actually added to our game? Or should I simply be grateful to EA for whatever they hand us?

Somehow I just thought this patch would contain...more. Aren't they usually bigger or at least mod-breaking (other than the windows breaking) prior to an upcoming game pack? Or does that just indicate how very little game play will actually be added with the upcoming SW pack and most of the pack's code uses existing game play? Never mind...it appears a ton of stuff is broken so that's probably whatever code is altered/updated/introduced. I look forward to seeing what that means in terms of the new pack (still have to finish the reviews).
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I was expecting a lot more bug fixes but I'd been wishing for the windows to do this for a long time. I'm happy but also a little disappointed. I was hoping especially for gardening bug fixes. My plants will be clumps every time my sim comes home from Batuu now. :/
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited September 2020
    The NAP Autonomy bug is not listed... that's not good. I wonder if someone will get sims stealing things or constantly using the future cube or playing with clay on Batuu.
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    I don't normally comment on these things, but the last couple of months with the bugs and patches, and let's be honest, majority of packs have been utterly ridiculous.

I'm not updating my game and sacrificing mods that help keep me interested in playing until they or this game is fixed. Maxis/EA/Whoever please get your stuff together.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited September 2020
    SAEldarin wrote: »
    Glad that we get to place windows on top of each other (I actually have wanted to do this at least once, maybe twice in the years I've played the game, so there's that). Glad sims can elope in destination worlds now. Glad a handful of bugs got fixed too.

Am I going to be seen as "negative" or "entitled" if I say I had hoped there'd be something new actually added to our game? Or should I simply be grateful to EA for whatever they hand us?

Somehow I just thought this patch would contain...more. Aren't they usually bigger or at least mod-breaking (other than the windows breaking) prior to an upcoming game pack? Or does that just indicate how very little game play will actually be added with the upcoming SW pack and most of the pack's code uses existing game play? Never mind...it appears a ton of stuff is broken so that's probably whatever code is altered/updated/introduced. I look forward to seeing what that means in terms of the new pack (still have to finish the reviews).

Of course not. Nothing you said could be construed as being entitled or negative. You made a viable complaint without bashing anyone.
    Although I suffer few bugs as compared to a lot of other simmers I also thought there would be more fixes in this patch. Perhaps another one is coming soon. We can hope. <3
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited September 2020
    I'm excited about the option to stack windows. Gonna check out that eloping option in destination worlds. I hope that's not just about selecting the "Get Married" option under romance. I love having weddings and always use the wedding arch. The wording implies both but I don't know. One can never be too sure considering the latest packs. Will report later.

Have your Sims ever dreamed of a jungle-themed wedding escapade? Or a quiet yet elegant wedding in the woods? Sims can now elope in any of the Destination Worlds.

Edit: Yup. Can't use the wedding arch.
    Post edited by lunaoddity on
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    I
    HopeyStarr wrote: »
    I don't normally comment on these things, but the last couple of months with the bugs and patches, and let's be honest, majority of packs have been utterly ridiculous.

I'm not updating my game and sacrificing mods that help keep me interested in playing until they or this game is fixed. Maxis/EA/Whoever please get your stuff together.

I hear you. In my mind, I'm already trying to sort out how I will continue playing my singer Sim without Road to Fame and possibly Showtime mods. I was going to attempt to make him famous without the game's help, on the whole then found out that RTF was updated. Right now, the modder is on a much-needed break. Not sure for how long, so I'm dubious. I finally got over the troubles the last patch threw at me, and here we go again. And, no, I didn't purchase EL. I won't likely get the Game Pack, either. Oh, well. It is what it is. EA, I just want to have FUN.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited September 2020
    It's been three months since Eco Lifestyle came out. There are still major bugs caused by this pack that are yet to be fixed despite several patches being released since then.

I'll just let that sink in while EA boast about their shallow space pack.
  • Options
    KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    There’s so much clay and so many future cubes in my sims husbands inventory and they just keep coming back :'( Sims Team end my suffering please
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Yeah, that patch took almost as long to download as the last GP I bought. It was a large one, and of course, it broke my mod. Now I have to wait for the dev to release a compatible version (not out yet). Until then, woohoo will be on hold lol