Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New patch update.

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    EdithV wrote: »
    netney52 wrote: »
    https://simsvip.com/2020/09/03/the-sims-4-new-game-patch-september-3rd-2020/

Super small patch and we can elope in other worlds.

Does this mean sims can get married in vacation worlds with the elope option? If so this is so great I never thought they would let us do this. For me this is better then stacking windows as I've wanted so many of my sims to get married in granite falls or selvadorada.

I’m really excited about this too! Can’t wait to have a lovely selvadorada wedding or a winter one in the forest ❤️

I believe someone said you still can't place a wedding arch, just do the interaction of getting married.

Yeah that would be asking too much lol but I’m still excited to elope in vacation worlds. But I agree that they should have included more in this patch.
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    Gaaaaa
    gaaa
    gaaaaaaa

This: "You can now place windows by stacking them above each other without the use of the bb.moveobjects cheat. Which may seem small but we hope builders enjoy this addition!"

ye gads!
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    troshalom wrote: »
    Gaaaaa
    gaaa
    gaaaaaaa

This: "You can now place windows by stacking them above each other without the use of the bb.moveobjects cheat. Which may seem small but we hope builders enjoy this addition!"

ye gads!

🤣 😂
  • Options
    WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    Gardening? :'(:'(:'(
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    edited September 2020
    SAEldarin wrote: »
    Idk how some of you guys can deal with mods. They patch this game at least once every month (mostly) and then you have to update your mods and wait for the mod developers to fix them and then they patch it again and you get to do it all again.

Sounds way too stressful.

It's becoming stressful! :D I finally finished my custom game save (again), including all the custom windows and doors one could ever want! Kicker is, I know to wait before I update my game. But do I do that? Nope. Every. single. time.

Don’t know if you were playing at the time when the game culled relationships? That scared me out of my wits and ever since I have been really really careful about updating. But darn it is difficult to sit and wait when everyone else has new shiny stuff :)

Edit: I am happy about being able to elope while on vacation. That is something that my sims would do.
  • Options
    Truecrime_addictTruecrime_addict Posts: 108 Member
    Actually i would not, could not, play this game without T.O.O.L mod, its a must have! Other than that one i could survive :D
  • Options
    caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    edited September 2020
    Wyrren wrote: »

The devs said "no :heart: " hehehehe
    he/him
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Windows can now be placed above doors :)
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited September 2020
    I don't know why everyone is so negative. I'm downloading the patch now and I'm expecting great things.

mif7i03.png
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    loving the windows thing!
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Thanks a lot for this patch with all those great and significant fixes! It's so great to have to play vanilla again, yay! :smiley:
  • Options
    SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    SAEldarin wrote: »
    Idk how some of you guys can deal with mods. They patch this game at least once every month (mostly) and then you have to update your mods and wait for the mod developers to fix them and then they patch it again and you get to do it all again.

Sounds way too stressful.

It's becoming stressful! :D I finally finished my custom game save (again), including all the custom windows and doors one could ever want! Kicker is, I know to wait before I update my game. But do I do that? Nope. Every. single. time.

Don’t know if you were playing at the time when the game culled relationships? That scared me out of my wits and ever since I have been really really careful about updating. But darn it is difficult to sit and wait when everyone else has new shiny stuff :)

Edit: I am happy about being able to elope while on vacation. That is something that my sims would do.

I hear that. I always make backups of my saves just in case. In fact, I'm about to go in and see how bad my saved game is after this latest patch (I've updated my core mods, but not my cc windows). Should be interesting!
  • Options
    Truecrime_addictTruecrime_addict Posts: 108 Member
    troshalom wrote: »
    Gaaaaa
    gaaa
    gaaaaaaa

ye gads!

🤣 😂

This is not actually a laughing matter. I know some of you are mad at everyone involved with the game and the notes say one thing. BUT! You can’t really stack windows with MOO. I mean you*can* but the Windows won’t work. I’ll post a picture in a second of what that looks like 👍🏽

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    I don't know why everyone is so negative. I'm downloading the patch now and I'm expecting great things.

mif7i03.png

I've been playing this lately and I have to say... It has really opened my eyes to just how shallow and lacking the game play of TS4 is. :/
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Gordy wrote: »

mif7i03.png

I've been playing this lately and I have to say... It has really opened my eyes to just how shallow and lacking the game play of TS4 is. :/

I've been playing TS2 and LOVING it...even it is so much better.
  • Options
    shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 255 Member
    This patch has made quite a mess actually. Today I realised ALL the games relationships have been trashed.
    Might just be my version.
    So far I have only tested one of Many games I have saved and in that one game save, a crash destroyed months of work and sim relationships in less than a second.
    Do I try testing another save? or do I just forget it until EA\Maxis actually fix the mess.

Tell Jan, I am NOT Happy.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    shorty943p wrote: »
    This patch has made quite a mess actually. Today I realised ALL the games relationships have been trashed.
    Might just be my version.
    So far I have only tested one of Many games I have saved and in that one game save, a crash destroyed months of work and sim relationships in less than a second.
    Do I try testing another save? or do I just forget it until EA\Maxis actually fix the mess.

Tell Jan, I am NOT Happy.

Holy cow! That's horrible! I'm so sorry that the patch trashed all of your relationships. I hope that EA addresses this quickly for you and any other players that are having issues!
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Ah! I'm hoping for a sims 3 sale on steam or whatever. I first tried it out for a limited time last fall and it was bundled with late night and the apartments and Bridgeport were so beautiful I almost cried. Literally.

Recent events, including this patch, have made me want to play the older games more.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I am very excited about stacking windows, not so much about obliterating all my cc windows and doors. :p

This is something I've never encountered before in Sims 4, error code 140(and a bunch of letters and numbers)game cannot load, yet I can still play??? What is this?
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    edited September 2020
    This is not actually a laughing matter. I know some of you are mad at everyone involved with the game and the notes say one thing. BUT! You can’t really stack windows with MOO. I mean you*can* but the Windows won’t work. I’ll post a picture in a second of what that looks like 👍🏽

If anyone's wondering, when you try to stack windows, one of the windows won't be "seen" - it will still be solid and all you will see is the "casing" of the window. Here is an old Reddit post showing what it looks like.

Edit: I just read somewhere that they did fix the "clipping" but I haven't tried it out yet. Really cool if so!
    Post edited by eternalrainn on
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member

I’ve been away from the game for a while now. What exactly is wrong with gardening right now? It’s like one of my favorite things to do in the game 😢
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    Stayc615Stayc615 Posts: 37 Member

I’ve been away from the game for a while now. What exactly is wrong with gardening right now? It’s like one of my favorite things to do in the game 😢

Some plants will go back to their original form, like you just planted them.