Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you play as your Simself?

Comments

• Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited August 2020
    No. I play The Sims to take a break from myself and 'real life'.
    No. Between work, all the agonizing social commitments that come with being married, and wrangling a three year-old maniac, I like to step into the shoes of someone else when I get the opportunity.

I play to escape. :D
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Other.
    I already have enough of my real self to play as him in Sims, thank you very much. I have made a simself, thought AND I tend to give my sims features that I like about myself, but that is all.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    Yes. I play/ have played as my Simself in a 'What if' scenario.
    Sort of. I have a sim who began as being based on me -- as far as looks, personality, and his interest in writing/cooking/the outdoors go -- but he always rapidly becomes a different person, and he's a little different in every save. The current sim-me is a deliberate alt-history of my last sim-me. As a kid, I also had sim-mes in TS1, TS2, and to a smaller extent Sims 3. I say smaller extent because I LOVED my 'family' in TS2, and the fake last name I use for them (Winslow) has been used for every sim-me since. I used to blog about this family on livejournal and blogspot, and I still have a collection of screenshots in a folder called "Winslow Family Album". Sims 3 me was just used to try the original game on for size, and then I re-made him to test Pets so I could have a horse.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Other.
    I created my Simself and Hubby for the Maxis sponsored Woo Hoo Weekend Valentine's challenge some years ago. I only played them long enough to take screenshots for that after sending them to Granite Falls from Outdoor Retreat. They were the first Sims I ever played in that world. Later on I would use my Simself for one of those CAS daily challenges to show my own personal wardrobe style. After that I never played with my Simself or Hubby again. I still have them in a file somewhere, but I don't play with them.

Back in TS1, the first Sim I ever created was my Simself. I don't remember much about her or what she did, but I do know she was married to a Ted Nugent Sim I'd created. :D

I've tried building every house we've ever lived in and my childhood home, but those were just for fun, not for playing with my Simself and family. I think it would just be too bizarre to actually play with a version of myself.

Happy Simming! <3
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    No, I'm me enough as it is in real life, I don't need me in the game as well.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member
    Yes. I play/ have played as my Simself in a scenario based on past and current real-life experiences.
    Since the beginning I've always had a simself and my family in my game. I always start as a single female household, play for a while before creating my spouse, dating, and getting married. In real life I have two boys but I've always had girls in game because I love dressing female sims. I created my parents and siblings and used a mod to set the relationships. I then did the same for my spouse. Right now I still have to create my siblings' spouses and kids and my spouse's siblings families.

Most of my gameplay revolves around these characters. Lots of family get togethers, vacations, dining out, etc.
  • Options
    amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
    Other.
    With The Sims I never did because none of the preset heads/outfits looked right. The Sims 2 is the first time I created my ideal adult “simself” (I was a kid at the time). In that game, I used to play my simself married to my crush and making babies living out what I thought was my dream life 🙂

When I got the Sims 3, I was in college and the first sim I made was again my simself and my boyfriend at the time (which actually started to make me realize how awful he was when picking out his traits LOL). Unfortunately I didn’t get to play beyond half a sim day in the Sims 3 because my laptop couldn’t handle the game.

Fast forward to the Sims 4. I’m a married adult now (and not to my childhood crush I might add, haha). When I first downloaded the game, the first two sims I made were my simself and my husband as separate household singles so that I could play out our love story. Things didn’t go exactly right and I got annoyed so I deleted the save and tried again with them as an already married couple. But then I got to the point where our careers weren’t in the game and we don’t have kids and I didn’t want to have fake kids in game and things weren’t going right again yada yada. I realized that for me, reality is good and I don’t need a virtual version to fantasize my future anymore, so I no longer play my simself. She just exists now for photo ops and I have so much more fun with creating completely new characters not based on real life and writing their stories from scratch.

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited August 2020
    Other.
    I have played as my Self-Sim in both what if and real scenarios. One of my what ifs of attending college while playing Sims 2 came true and I graduated with an Associates and a Bachelors of Science in Business. I signed up for grants like crazy and came out with only one loan and paid off that loan, so took care of my finances right away then. So sometimes the impossible becomes possible and was able to do it in a wheelchair some days too. Right now I'm working in a tax department and loving doing my dream job even if it is temp for now. Playing my Sim-Self really helped me love who I am and do things that are impossible to do in real life like running. It really helped deepen my love for my family too since it is a hobby I shared with my siblings and changing virtual diapers are so much easier than changing real ones I changed with my nephews and niece.

My Simself on my avatar is a mermaid, so there are some fantasy elements. :)

I have made family too and pets. It was sad playing a Sim 2 save and seeing my dog that had passed. My cats in that save have passed away too.

Sims 1 Simself was a scary nightmare. Sims 1 Self-Sim days were not as easy.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,184 Member
    It's not that I play Sims "To get away from real life" it's just that I am a guy who's not that interesting to make a Sim about. I manage a warehouse....such fun, can't wait to recreate that in Sims. Hell no, I'm going to go make an astronaut or a rockstar or something more entertaining than that.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    No, it’s too weird for me. I did however create a sim a while back when GF came out and downloaded her again from my library and realized she was almost my simself. Deleted her immediately, idk it feels weird to do that (for me, if you do that, great, I don’t have that kinda of self esteem)
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Other.
    Short answer: No. I usually play a character I can relate to. Nearly always a sim with the same gender, skin color as me and similar background. But this sim is not me, just someone who resembles me. And who can do all the things I can't like fly a rocket ship or perform magic.

Long story: I played a sim self in sims 1 and loved it. This simself remained single and mainly tested the careers and magic town. My very first sim in sims 2 was a simself. She got married to single dad. Once she was about to turn elder and her stepchild was grown up I realised I was not ready to play out the rest of the story. I feel uncomfortable to play out my simself future once it reaches a certain point in life. I said to myself never again and that decision still stands.
  • Options
    IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    I’ve made my sim self and keep her updated. I’ve also make a recreation of our apartment that I update when we redecorate (or when we get new packs that make it possible to do things more accurately). But I don’t often do live gameplay with them. I just make them.

I’ve also made several attempts at recreating my childhood home. First time I had to give up because there wasn’t a split level workaround. Then I had to give up because you couldn’t turn stairs. Now I think I’ll finally be able to do it, but it’s a build that will be easy to break, so I’ll have to be careful and save it in steps in case I need to go back.

I have played speculative games, though. In the Sims 3 one of my favorite saves was one where I made human versions of all our cats and cat versions of us and left free will on. It was incredibly entertaining to watch the roles reversed 😂.

((((👀 and I may or may not have, in privacy and deleting it right after, done the thing where you make yourself and your crush and see what your kids would look like 🤫 ))))
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    Other.
    My initial answer would be NO.

I built my house once, just to mess around with building extensions as I was wondering what that would look like.
    But moving my simself into the house is something I don't think I can handle.

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 I built my house, had fun decorating it, then felt like I was in an episode of the Outer Limits and stopped playing the house. But I'm not interested in doing myself or any real people in my life. I drop celebrities in because they are amusing in the background
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Other.
    No because it's creepy, but I made one and let him sit in the Gallery.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Other.
    No because it's too creepy for me.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    edited August 2020
    Other.
    I'd need to vote for a combo of the first two. Should I vote "other"?

@simmerLella

Sure! ‘Other’ is the perfect option. ;)
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Other.

Creepy is a good word to describe how it feels for me.
  • Options
    alwaysraeealwaysraee Posts: 36 Member
    No my life is pretty chaotic at times. I would rather stay away from playing at myself because it's too stressful as it is.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    edited August 2020
    Other.
    Atreya33 wrote: »

Creepy is a good word to describe how it feels for me.

Indeed. Watching my simself woohoo with Judith Ward or Father Winter is something I’d never want to experience. 😳
    Post edited by CAPTAIN_NXR7 on
  • Options
    charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 178 Member
    I found it easier in Sims 3 and enjoyed playing my "what if" life as my real life is boring. Thinking back most of my Sims 3 game play revolved around that sim and her children. In Sims 4 the lack of representation without mods becomes clear when I try to recreate myself. I will give Sims 4 credit for body type functions. I have been able to get a more accurate representation of my body type, however given I'm darker and enjoy wearing more natural hair styles than my Sims 3 days it is a challenge to be happy with the final product. I now just create random sims if I'm not playing with a premade family.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I don't really like playing myself in sims games I just want to have fun and get to know the sims I make
    I really like AI and like to play around with it and play the sims I make for years at a time seeing how my sims react to having babies
    death and unexpected events is my favorite part of sims games also I mostly make aliens and human sims but they look nothing
    like me I did play as my simself once for an hour or so because I wanted to annoy my favorite sim I did that for awhile
    and my favorite sim painted a stick figure throwing another female stick figure off a cliff feeling that my work was done
    I rode off in to the sunset never to play myself again
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    daydreamsdaydreams Posts: 121 Member
    edited August 2020
    Several years back with TS3 I definitely made my Simself and created a dream life where I lived in a big mansion and married my celebrity crush at the time. It was a save file I used to play often, but I did enjoy playing with other sims from my favorite TV shows.

When I got TS4, I've mainly played sims I've created. One day I remade my Simself and some family members—even going to the extent of attempting to build my house/furnishing it just out of boredom. However, after playing in live mode for an hour I deleted it. Couldn't do it.

In my current save (which I've been playing for the last three years actually/but not continuously since I did take a break from gaming), I still have my Simself. I just don't play as her. The sim roams free. After this thread, it did remind me to delete her though. MCCC might make her marry some unknown premade and pop out a few kids and frankly, I don't really care and it's just not necessary to have in my game. Sometimes my Simself drops by the nightclub when I'm playing the fictional sims I've created and I get a little secondhand embarrassment when my Simself does anything (dancing, drinking, fawning over a celebrity...which by the way, seriously I don't like this aspect of Get Famous where sims go absolutely bonkers over celebrities...and I think, Oh gosh, I forgot this is supposed to represent me. She looks like me? She got the same name as me? She's not me!)

It's my preference that I make up sims, it gives opportunity for more creative freedom and developing interesting storylines. Can't do it with a Simself because it'll feel too cringey.
    Post edited by daydreams on
    “And he smiled a smile to shame the sun.”
    aH6O0kG.gif
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited August 2020
    My simself is very close to me in appearance, personality, and hobbies, but also infinitely more competent at everything she does than I am, and has things in her life that I wish I had. So my ideal answer would be a mix of the first two options: A realistic representation of me in a simulated life not unlike reality, but with a bit of "what if" thrown in here and there.

Oh, and it's the same for my entire family. They're all in my game, too.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Other.
    No, I might if there was more diversity. I also play occult sims.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    Unnamed_SunUnnamed_Sun Posts: 16 Member
    I haven't created a sim-self, and I also don't have any interest in doing it.
    However, I have a little story, relating to this. When I was much younger, and played sims 2, my mom suddenly wanted to ask me something. She suddenly commented that the sim, I was working with, in the CAS, did look very much like me :smiley:. This had not been my intention, but it is a rather funny memory to look back at.