Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which pack would you be happy to see?

Comments

• Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    All the above...
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Farming
    Farming, with werewolves and medieval just a bit behind. A lot of 'generations' stuff was already done in parenting - and the rest that would be needed would be better done in a relationship overhaul patch, if it ever comes.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    edited August 2020
    Werewolves / fae / occult
    Occults and also a Medieval pack are ones I would like the most. I think faeries and medieval would work really well in a pack together~
  • Options
    kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    Medieval
    I voted medieval, but really I want a medieval set that includes fairies and werewolves. And a generations pack has been needed for a long time. And an occult pack--use the Happy Haunts name, and use it to add in zombies and mummies and make ghosts a lifestate you can make in CAS, and put in more old-timey clothing and build items. And I guess werewolves could go in the Happy Haunts pack if they're not in a medieval/fairy tale pack.

Basically, farming leaves me cold, but hard yes on everything else. I voted medieval specifically because I've been thinking it might not be the worst use of my Copious Free Time to make a save file where I refurb every building into Tudor, Gothic, and Romanesque styles, make everything as off-the-grid as possible, and makeover all of the sims to be medieval versions of themselves as well.

To do that, the medieval pack should have lot types that mimic modern lot types but but don't require electronics. And a lot of medieval parts in CAS and items in build mode. And to make it a sort of all-purpose medieval/fantasy/fairy tale set, include werewolves and fairies, let people add pointy ears to characters who aren't spellcasters or aliens, and include horns as well for folks who want to make tieflings from D&D. And throw in some additional musical instruments, like lutes, harps, flutes, and pan pipes.

• Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Farming
    Farming (EP)
    Werewolves (GP)
    Generations (EP)
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    Generations style pack
    Generations. I like some of the other options too, but I don't think I'll enjoy them fully if my Sims lack personality. Generations is the only pack that might address TS4's underlying problem of deadly dull Sims.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I want my fairies and werwolfs to live in an world including a medieval town, the fairy meadows and the haunted woods <3>:)<3
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Farming
    Really i still dont invest much into this game because its TS4 but farming is interesting to me and i may buy it as a game pack
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Generations style pack
    Generations
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    j1z1 wrote: »
    Something involving bands and music would be my first choice right now. But something sci-fi or fantasy would be second place. Maybe hotels third.

Bands would be my top choice too. :)
    But werewolves would be fun! :)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Farming
    I have been wanting farming for a long time, but I also like medieval, generations and amusement park. I think Farming and medieval would work great together as one pack.
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited August 2020
    Farming
    I would be really excited for a farming EP, and I hope we'll get it in the coming year. Maybe this november, maybe next summer? The last (very popular) poll about a farming theme was 2 years ago and the theme hasn't been mentioned in TS4 surveys ever since, which says something. But I think the Sims 4 is really lacking in the romance department and a Find Love GP is long overdue. There have been close to zero additions to the romantic interactions since 2014 and it's really strange tbh. But yeah, farming!
  • Options
    cherrysim_cherrysim_ Posts: 25 Member
    Farming
    I would really love farming or medieval! I really enjoyed playing the Sims Medieval years ago and I would really like playing on a medieval map with castles and maybe even dragons.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Faes please! Though werewolves would be appreciated as well. I also wouldnt mind a Medieval setting or Amusement parks.
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Farming
    I need my horses!
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Medieval
    Those are hard choices. But in my heart I would most like a Medieval styled pack. I liked Sims Medieval but it was too limiting. I would prefer a world I could build in and raise families in. Making it a Renaissance Faire styled pack would be ok, but not my preference - I'd love to build my own town with a castle. An expansion pack would be ideal, but I doubt we'd get anything that big. It really would have to be a game pack at the very least. A stuff pack with just a few clothes and a bit of furniture would be so disappointing.

Wonder if they could work in mermaids in a moat or lake? Dragons, unicorns and horses (2 for one there regarding animation needs - maybe even 3 for 1 with a few extra animations for dragons) would be wonderful. Our sims could have jousts and duels. They could hunt or fight dragons (although I'd rather not kill them, instead have it be a sport between the knights and the dragons, like a fight club. No one talks about the Dragon Fight Club LOL). Falconry. There could be more crafting possibilities: blacksmith, weaver/seamstress, leather worker, furniture maker. those could be styled like NK, where the sim has to level up in their craft in order to open up various fashions, furniture, saddles, etc. Some might be tempted to buy the Laundry Day SP in order to get the wash pails and clotheslines.

If you want your Medieval sims to have TVs, computers, etc, you can just pretend it's all magic. :) Or have your castle and village and let your modern sims be "Visitors From Afar" (Can you tell I go to my local Ren-Faire every year? :D )

Very very close second choice is more occult stuff. And let's not forget Fae and Werewolves, etc, along with the existing magic users and vampires would have a lot of playability in a Medieval pack.

Since so many want farming, they could then do farming in another big pack, which would work with everything.
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    Generations style pack
    I would like to see a generation's pack. In fact, all the suggestions are great ideas.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I still want the Happy Haunts pack with the ghost hunter and Grim Reaper careers. I want the seance table, the ouiji boards, ghost hunting gear and everything else that goes with ghost hunting. My most favorite career of all was Sims 3's ghost hunter. We already have enough ghosts to hunt, all we need is the pixels to go with it. :D

Second choice would be farming.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    I'd love to see everything but the amusement park (I just don't think that would work well with how the Sims 4 is set up), so I can't choose. If farming, medieval, generations, or more occults come to the game I'll be very happy.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited August 2020
    Amusement Park themed
    People need to stop asking for a "Generations" packs... we already got one... it was 'Parenthood'. That was the family based pack. Whether or not you liked it is another story, but we've already gotten our family pack, regardless.

Personally, I want Amusement Parks AND Farming (both). Actually, I would prefer an entire Theme Park pack, which would include water parks, amusement parks, zoos, and aquariums! Not just amusement parks... that would be much preferred, honestly! But, then we all need to remember this is EA we're talking about, so that would be highly unlikely, unfortunately.

Also, with a farming pack, they could very well include werewolves with it as well! Werewolves are known to attack farms in folklore, so it would make a lot of sense! Also, it would be a great opportunity for them to bring back phases of the moon and possibly even zodiac signs too!

Many people seem to overlook the idea of how certain packs can actually be combined together, but it's seriously something to keep in mind! Many ideas people have brought up can easily be combined... farming and werewolves is one of them! That would be an awesome pack. Also, fairies and medieval themed things can also be a combined pack.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    MagicaCatMagicaCat Posts: 124 Member
    Amusement Park themed
    Amusement parks would be lots of fun, but I agree more options for romance would be great - I have a few mods for the sweeter stuff (slow dancing, pillow talk, etc) that I'm happy with but I'd love to expand 💕
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    I had to go with this answer because it included Werewolves and Fae, but I want Farming equally as much.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    Generations style pack
    Stuff for other age groups to do... Sims 4 focuses too much on young adults.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    None of these / Other
    I might have voted for generations style pack, because it could be very good if it offered new and fun things to do for different age groups, but I'm kind of worried how stereotypical it would be and how much it would compel my sims to behave in a certain way.

I guess I would find something useful in all the packs suggested, but none of them are really my cup of tea. I mean new occults could be fun if they were well made, but otherwise I'm not too interested. Farming pack could offer something I'd enjoy, such as chickens, but otherwise I don't find it that interesting. I'm not an amusement park person, so I'm unsure how much I'd enjoy a pack like that and would I want to play it. Medieval pack could have interesting items, but I think it would be hard to incorporate in my game.

I think I'd prefer romance pack or something new and different.
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Even though I've been more into realistic gameplay for the last three years or so, I definitely want more occults in my game, because I know that they help a lot with my creativity when I've run out of ideas for stories and so on. Fae would be dreamy, to be honest, but something entirely new would be cool, too, like shape-shifters (I guess they wouldn't be able to pull that one off, though, poor Sims team) or more enhanced ghosts (I've been DYING for ghost babies, please!!!). A farm-themed pack would be amazing, too.