Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Do You Tell Stories?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    I think of a story but i dont keep to it 100% like when i see my game throw out something fun i just roll with it

it would be depressing to try to 100% keep to what i planned like what is even point of playing if everything is planned
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,348 Member
    edited August 2020
    Looks like I'm not the only one who needs a "both" option to vote! :lol:

I have a lot of different stories/saved games in the sims. I easily take upwards of a hundred screenshots per session for all of them, and give them captions in my files, but I don't necessarily actually write the stories for all of them.

For the four saves that I do write the stories, two of them are planned and written in advance chapter by chapter and then I use the sims like a movie studio, setting up different scenes (often using custom poses I make or download), and I get all the shots I need for the story. These two are both turned into a partially comic style format with speech balloons etc. The other two saves I write down as stories are played in a relaxed manner with only vague plans in mind and then I write the story afterwards based on what happens. So it is literally 50/50 right now.

I put a lot more time into the two that are planned though, and they are both further along as stories, and I like them better because they have actual drama and conflict. The unplanned ones tend to be a lot of people mostly being nice to each other, because that's apparently how I play. :lol:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".